Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

Quote Originally Posted by cordobes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All fanbases are unified in the shared belief their role-players are the most inconsistent and their shooters the streakiest.

It's to be expected, as streakiness is mostly a product of cluster illusion (even though the hot hand effect actually exists, its impact is tenuous and hardly perceivable) and cluster illusions can't be formed without successive observations.

Not going to do the maths myself, but I've read somewhere suggesting checking standard deviation (forgot to quote the post) - that wouldn't work: the player with the higher mean will also have the higher variance. A runs analysis is the best way to treat this.
    The coefficient of variation, which accounts for the relationship of the standard deviation to the mean, is probably much more accurate to measure consistency. I think I was the guilty party suggestion SD.

IMO, inconsistency gets more noticeable with a higher volume of shots. Personally I have been watching the Pacers for a long time without a single player striking me as terribly inconsistent...until CJ Miles. Yes, SJax was a bit inconsistent. It would be nice if there was some objective data on that.
    Last edited by BlueNGold; 07-14-2017 at 11:46 PM.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

Not seeing the similarities between Croshere & Bojan besides they're both white & wear #44. If you're a big Croshere fan & have been looking for the next one here, well you're in luck because TJ Leaf is the closest thing to Croshere. Bojan is much more polished & a way better player than Croshere.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not seeing the similarities between Croshere & Bojan besides they're both white & wear #44. If you're a big Croshere fan & have been looking for the next one here, well you're in luck because TJ Leaf is the closest thing to Croshere. Bojan is much more polished & a way better player than Croshere.
    Leaf? I don't see that. TJ is really long and lean with a 9' standing reach and plays above the rim. Bojan does have more inside game than Cro but physically looks like Cro. Even his hairline...

But yes, Bojan is definitely more talented offensively than Austin and a better shooter. Bojan shoots way more threes than Austin ever did and has scored a lot more. Still, the way they move on the court looks similar to me.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

Poor mans Peja Stoyakovich? Like very poor.