Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 294

Thread: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

  1. #76
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Evansville
    Posts
    1,326

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So if you had to guess what are starting lineup would be, if the season started today (same roster) would you say?

    PG-Collison
    SG-Dipo
    SF-Bogdanovic
    PF-Young
    C-Turner

    Main bench : G Rob, Lance, Sabonis, Leaf, Joe Young
    This, probably, if Young doesn't produce the first 20 games, then he gets cut and you start signing D-leaguers to 10 day contracts, dudes career is on life support.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to kent beckley For This Useful Post:


  3. #77
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    5,699

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by LongTimePacerFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, that's clearly what happened to the Cubs. They sure messed up by bottoming out and embracing losing... Ditto for the Sixers.

    C'mon. Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before you can be good again.
    Yep. The Cubs should know all about being on the bottom, and pretty much staying there. Kinda the same for Philly, just not for as long.

    By the way, the Cubs are back under .500 and have sent one of last years better players to the minors now.
    Last edited by Tom White; 07-07-2017 at 04:14 PM.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:


  5. #78
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Evansville
    Posts
    1,326

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by LongTimePacerFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, that's clearly what happened to the Cubs. They sure messed up by bottoming out and embracing losing... Ditto for the Sixers.

    C'mon. Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before you can be good again.
    Let's wait till the Sixers make the playoffs before we count their 10 year dumpster fire a success.

  6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to kent beckley For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  7. #79
    Lurker of the Year Infinite MAN_force's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fountain Square
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,788

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another guy in his late 20's. Nope, **** it, I'm out boys. I tried to quit the Pacers last season, this one is going to stick. Just can't keep putting emotional energy toward a team with no present and no future.
    Really, and all it took was a shooter on a one year deal?

    I think some of you guys don't understand what tanking is, you still have to field a team. I mean Philly took it to an extreme, but this is what teams aiming for a draft pick do. They field a team without committing any long term money to veterans, maintain flexibility, and play the young guys lots of minutes. They don't actually TRY to lose, the losing just generally takes care of itself. Bojan Bogdonovich isn't going to be a huge factor either way. The fact that he might be a nice player is a good thing, you can dangle him at the deadline, etc. either way you haven't committed any significant money.
    Last edited by Infinite MAN_force; 07-07-2017 at 04:15 PM.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

    - ilive4sports

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Infinite MAN_force For This Useful Post:


  9. #80
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    10,427
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by LongTimePacerFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not that we're "giving up taking", we're clearly going to suck. But why would you sign decent vets when you can just play young kids in those roles.

    These guys are going to be the difference between 30 wins, and 36 wins. That could mean drafting 10 instead of 5. It's an unfortunate reality, but that's HUGE.
    I think we have no idea how this team will do. And if we are worried about 6 wins what difference does it make getting a star in the draft. After his rookie contract he will leave. So, ya know, just stop following the NBA.

    Sucking has not paid off for the Thunder, Celts (recently), Philly, Minnesota, or the Knicks. In fact sucking has only helped the Cavs and the Warriors. And most of their success is because of Lebron, and getting Steph on an injury discount.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:


  11. #81
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    58
    Posts
    17,087

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think some of you guys don't understand what tanking is, you still have to field a team.
    I think some folks would not be satisfied unless Nate points to the North Putnam 5th Grade Girls' team and says, "My team is on the floor."
    BillS

    A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

  12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  13. #82
    Administrator Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    51,573

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think some folks would not be satisfied unless Nate points to the North Putnam 5th Grade Girls' team and says, "My team is on the floor."
    I would actually pay to see that.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  15. #83
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    44
    Posts
    32,787

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really, and all it took was a shooter on a one year deal?

    I think some of you guys don't understand what tanking is, you still have to field a team. I mean Philly took it to an extreme, but this is what teams aiming for a draft pick do. They field a team without committing any long term money to veterans, and play the young guys lots of minutes. They don't actually TRY to lose, the losing just generally takes care of itself. Bojan Bogdonovich isn't going to be a huge factor either way. The fact that he might be a nice player is a good thing, you can dangle him at the deadline, etc. either way you haven't committed any significant money.
    JMHO....but from reading Dece's posts.......you can see that it was building over time. This is the straw that broke the camel's back for him.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  17. #84
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    44
    Posts
    32,787

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So if you had to guess what are starting lineup would be, if the season started today (same roster) would you say?

    PG-Collison
    SG-Dipo
    SF-Bogdanovic
    PF-Young
    C-Turner

    Main bench : G Rob, Lance, Sabonis, Leaf, Joe Young
    Add in CJ Miles or Afflalo ( preferably )......at another DC/Bojan-like deal....while removing Buckets from the equation...and I am fine with that.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  19. #85
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    10,427
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep. The Cubs should know all about being on the bottom, and pretty much staying there. Kinda the same for Philly, just not for as long.

    By the way, the Cubs are back under .500 and have sent one of last years better players to the minors now.
    "We need to only field young sucky players. That way we will win like a baseball team and a team that has not won anything with their sucking"

    There are shades to sucking and assembling a team that is palatable and formed for the right opportunity. At least we aren't getting another Al Jefferson or Monta.

    DC and Bo are stop gapes for when the crap hits the fan next summer. We have to position ourselves when LAL assembles their super team and everyone else reacts poorly.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:


  21. #86
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    10,427
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think some folks would not be satisfied unless Nate points to the North Putnam 5th Grade Girls' team and says, "My team is on the floor."
    But they have upside Bills. That is all that matters. The upside maybe heroin addiction and teenage pregnancy. But it is better than an average veteran.

  22. #87
    Lurker of the Year Infinite MAN_force's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fountain Square
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,788

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because when your players are working hard every game, yet see the organization acting as though they would rather lose.............well, it just breeds problems and creates an environment where nobody gives a hoot. Is that what you want the players to do? These guys are competitors, if the FO quits on them, they won't want to be around, and neither will most future players.
    This.

    You don't want to develop a losing culture. A young team needs a few veteran players.

    Do people think Darren Collison and Bogdonovich are going to be like a 6-10 win difference? You guys are nuts. If we're better than expected it will be because the young guys are playing well.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

    - ilive4sports

  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Infinite MAN_force For This Useful Post:


  24. #88

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Solid pickup. He isn't starting, though.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to 3rdStrike For This Useful Post:

    sav

  26. #89
    Lurker of the Year Infinite MAN_force's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fountain Square
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,788

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    JMHO....but from reading Dece's posts.......you can see that it was building over time. This is the straw that broke the camel's back for him.
    He's been asking for the team to tank since I joined the forum in 07, now he's going to quit because they are finally doing it? Doesn't make sense.

    Why would you stick it out through Murhpleavy to quit now?
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

    - ilive4sports

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Infinite MAN_force For This Useful Post:


  28. #90

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Meh, would rather have Davis Bertrans back.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to eldubious For This Useful Post:


  30. #91
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    29
    Posts
    39,901

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Man, a wing rotation of Lance, Bojan, GRIII and if we re-sign CJ would give us a ton of flexibility around PG....wait...


    I will never get over the Monta and Stuckey deals



  31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  32. #92
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    29
    Posts
    39,901

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by kent beckley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So this dude is a good shooter at 36%, Oladipo is a terrible shooter at 36%, and CJ is a streaky shooter at 41%?!?

    This is normal for PD though, hate the Pacers players while building up the other team's. I don't understand why we didn't just keep CJ, good dude, good veteran, much better shooter.
    Oladipo is a bad shooter off the dribble, but I actually think he's like a top 15 or 20 guy in catch and shoot situations last year. People are gonna be surprised by Vic if we don't make him shoot his 3's off the bounce.



  33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  34. #93
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    29
    Posts
    39,901

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Also Pacers clearly angling for massive cap space next summer or in 19.



  35. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  36. #94
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    58
    Posts
    17,087

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also Pacers clearly angling for massive cap space next summer or in 19.
    Yes, the focus on cap management has been great.
    BillS

    A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

  37. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  38. #95
    Member sav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North Central Indiana
    Posts
    3,628

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be fair, those three guys are very much the exceptions to the rule.
    We also selected Jerryd Bayless (#11) and Erick Dampier (#10). So 60% of the time we draft at #10 or #11 we have gotten very good players.

    We selected Rick Robey with our only #3 pick, so 0% of the time that we drafted #2 or #3 we have gotten very good players. We were 100% at getting pretty good players at #2 though.

    I would rather take my chances and have a team fighting for the playoffs and ending up with a #10 or #11 pick than a team that sucks and winds up with a #2 pick. I remember those teams in the 1980's and those seasons were tough to go through. I'd rather not experience that again.

  39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sav For This Useful Post:


  40. #96
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    10,285

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by LongTimePacerFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Touche on the second point. This team has made some pretty good picks in that range, though the odds are much higher you get a bust at that area of the draft.
    For all who are interested this is the draft history of the Pacers when drafting between 10-19 going back to when we draft Reggie Miller. I would call it about 50/50 odds that we get a pretty good player in that range.

    11 - Myles Turner
    15 - Kawhi Leonard (George Hill)
    10 - Paul George
    17 - Roy Hibbert
    13 - Tyler Hansbrough
    11 - Jerryd Bayless (13 - Brandon Rush)
    17 - Shawne Williams
    17 - Danny Granger
    14 - Fred Jones
    12 - Austin Croshere
    10 - Erick Dampier
    15 - Eric Piatkowski
    14 - Scott Haskin
    14 - Malik Dealy
    13 - Dale Davis
    11 - Reggie Miller

  41. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  42. #97
    Member ejwallace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    886
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    You've also got several young players which you are hoping to build...Myles, Leaf, Sabonis, Ike, JoeyBuckets....You put this team in full on tank and suck mode, you have set a precedence for the work and effort that they put in...You want your team to work hard, fight, and scrap....not think it is okay to loaf around because "hey we suck and we're tanking, so why bother", and miss out on at least a year of development....

    If you went to work, and your boss said....We're fine with being the worst in the industry, don't worry how poorly you do, do you really think that you would put your best foot forward and develop your skills??? Hell no, you would go to work, and sit on PacersDigest all day, and get nothing accomplished....

  43. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ejwallace For This Useful Post:


  44. #98
    Member sav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North Central Indiana
    Posts
    3,628

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So if you had to guess what are starting lineup would be, if the season started today (same roster) would you say?

    PG-Collison
    SG-Dipo
    SF-Bogdanovic
    PF-Young
    C-Turner

    Main bench : G Rob, Lance, Sabonis, Leaf, Joe Young
    I'd start GRIII at SF.

    Bench would be Bogdanovic, Lance, Sabonis, Leaf and Seraphin. I would look at Leaf or TYoung getting limited minutes at SF.

  45. #99
    Whoo...What a year.. Guardshock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Terre Haute
    Posts
    694

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, the focus on cap management has been great.

    Positivity!!
    Indiana State University Alum. Hardcore Pacers fan. Racecar Driver in need of sponsorship.

    www.jjhughesracing.com

  46. #100
    Member Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,986

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sign Bojan Bogdanovic 2 Years $21 million

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ugh, CJ Miles might come back, per Agness.
    Why is that bad to you? Just tired of how streaky he is, or?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •