Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paul B makes CBS Sportsline, kind of

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Paul B makes CBS Sportsline, kind of

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, I only need a doctor about twice a year.

SjA3837

I think the music is just as much for the players as the crowd. I play football and basketball for my highschool, and I personally along with many other of us listen to our IPODs and etc to get ready for the game.

The hip hop music, helps brings a rush right before the game, and it sticks with you while you're playing. For me, it helps bring more energy. IMO however.

I seriously doubt they hear the music, unless they're on the bench. There's so many things going on while you're playing it's rediculous to think that they'd be listening for a certain song that they requested.

They're actually being paid to play, not to get motivated by music. (Before the game is a totally different issue, because there's not a whole lot to do besides sit there and think about what you need to do. But I can guaruntee JO isn't bouncing his head to Mike Jones while he's fighting for a rebound.)

I didn't think Paul played any music while the game was actually going on. Only in timeouts and stuff, right?

IndyToad
    Listen to your elders

Quote Originally Posted by indytoad
    I didn't think Paul played any music while the game was actually going on. Only in timeouts and stuff, right?

IndyToad
    Listen to your elders
    Music is played during the game. Not a whole lot, but it's there. Most of the time you can't hear it, because you're(I am atleast) focused on what's going on, or the crowd noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    Music is played during the game. Not a whole lot, but it's there. Most of the time you can't hear it, because you're(I am atleast) focused on what's going on, or the crowd noise.
    Yeah, but I think that music is separate from what the DJ plays. I think Paul has said before that he doesn't have any control of those tracks.

IndyToad
    Shishk boom bah

How can the music not be for the players, as well? Music is a very powerful tool! It get's you motivated, livid, energized. Music has a lot to do with people's emotions.

I can't remember which playoff game it was, I think it was game 5 of the Detroit/Pacers series...but anyway, I was talking DJ PB and he said that JO pointed out what songs he wanted to hear during warm-up. And if the music gets the crowd pumped up...then it's gotta get a player pumped up.

Goin into a crucial play out of time out, hearing Eye Of The Tiger...how can ya not get fired up to play harder?
    AKA Sactolover05