Thread: Detroit is beginning to scare me....

Default Detroit is beginning to scare me....

Playing amazing defense

88-57 with 5:26 left....
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Default Re: Detroit is beginning to scare me....

But still, limiting to that many pts, it is pretty impressive
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Yeah.

I mean, do any of us honestly believe we'd hold Chicago to 57 points, this late? Even without Curry? I don't.

Yah, it's nice. But it doesn't change my opinion of Detroit at all. They're a good team. A talented team. A well-coached a team. And a team that we can beat. That's really all there is to it for me.
    Why do you think we can beat them?

96-63 2:45 left

Yah, it's nice. But it doesn't change my opinion of Detroit at all. They're a good team. A talented team. A well-coached a team. And a team that we can beat. That's really all there is to it for me.
    Because we have a good team. A talented team. A well-coached team. And a team that has been the most consistent in the league for 64 games. They could beat us in a 7 game series, sure. No question about that. But we should still beat them.
    I guess I'm looking for depth. I know we're talented, well-coached, and consistant.

But what about matchups? Can our offense beat their defense?

I think that our offense can beat their defense, Hicks, but we really don't know to what extent it would be, as we haven't played them yet. Our team just finds ways to win. If we can score on SA, we can score on anyone. Plus, OUR defense is pretty good in itself.

As long as JO isn't guarded by Rasheed, we should be ok. He always plays well against Detroit. And I think Artest will score fine, since he just makes shots in many ways. And now that our guards have started to make their shots, that opens things up for JO and Artest.

All of a sudden the upcoming Detroit game is starting to look as interesting (if not moreso) than the Sacremento game. An up close and personal look at the matchups with the 'new' Pistons.

Still, being able to hang a loss on Sacto's record while at the same putting a win on our's holds some importance.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Yeah.

I mean, do any of us honestly believe we'd hold Chicago to 57 points, this late? Even without Curry? I don't.
    I sat in the fieldhouse this season and watched the Pacers hold the Nuggets to 60 for the game.......

And that is one sorry crew the Bulls are putting on the floor.....

[web]http://www.nba.com/games/20040310/CHIDET/boxscore.html[/web]
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

I have been wrorried about the Pistons all season, any taletned experinced and mentally tough NBA team coached by Larry Brown is going to be good.

But when they traded for Rasheed Wallace (no I will never forgive the Celts and Hawks for what they did, at least not for the rest of this season and playoffs) I really got worried, he was exactly what they needed.

However the Pacers can certainly beat ther Pistons in a 7 game series, but it will likley be just that a 7 game series.

I think it is so important that the pacers will finish 1st in the east not just because of homecourt advantage, but because in the second round when the Pistons and Nets are killing eachother, the pacers will be brezing bu the Hornets in 4 or 5 . No the Hornets are talented and experienced, but they simply are not as good as the Nets or Pistons.

PistonsDynasty

As long as JO isn't guarded by Rasheed, we should be ok.
    Why wouldn't Jermaine O'Neal be guarded by Rasheed Wallace. It really doesn't matter which Wallace Larry Brown put on JO but Ben is a better at the weak side help so look for Sheed on JO while Ben roams and cleans the boards.

As long as JO isn't guarded by Rasheed, we should be ok.
    Why wouldn't Jermaine O'Neal be guarded by Rasheed Wallace. It really doesn't matter which Wallace Larry Brown put on JO but Ben is a better at the weak side help so look for Sheed on JO while Ben roams and cleans the boards.
    Well, judging by the games played in Portland, Sheed always seems to me to do well against JO. I have no clue why. I don't know if it would still happen.

Yeah, 'cause you know, Rick wouldn't make any adjustments and Ben is such a dominant offensive threat.

Yeah, 'cause you know, Rick wouldn't make any adjustments and Ben is such a dominant offensive threat.
    Rick doesn't have control over which Piston guards JO.

Me, I say that's OK anyway. If JO can even get 50-75% of his normal production on Sheed, who's guarding Ron Artest? Prince? OK.

Sheed is their best man to defend JO and to defend Artest. He can't do both at once.

NewYawk

Three reasons:

1) They have no one on their team as good as Ron Artest.

2) They have no one on their team as good as Jermaine O'Neal

3) Rick Carlisle is a better coach than Larry Brown

We SHOULD beat them in 5, maybe 6, if we play them in the playoffs.

PistonsDynasty

I'm pretty sure you were being sarcastic but if you take Ben lightly he'll drop a good 16 or 17 points on you. And most of his points don't come off of tip ins and dunks. Ben Wallace has a post game now . He also has a decent jump shot from 16feet.

PistonsDynasty

Three reasons:

1. Rasheed Wallace?? Or the 2 time Defensive Player of the Year??

2. SAME AS ABOVE ed:

3. ed: Ohhh Kay ed:

NewYawk

Three reasons:

1. Rasheed Wallace?? Or the 2 time Defensive Player of the Year??

2. SAME AS ABOVE ed:

3. ed: Ohhh Kay ed:
    Rasheed Wallace guarding Artest is a joke. Ben Wallace is not a good low post defender. DPY means nothing. Mutombo won it, and he couldn't guard in the post either. Rebounding and blocked shots do not equate to good low post D.

Last I checked, Carlisle has owned Brown the last two years.