Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jamaal Magloire

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Jamaal Magloire

What about Pollard, Hulk, Freddy, and the #17 for Magloire, and maybe a 2nd round pick, + filler if needed.

Like people have said, Magloire will not be easy to get. He's got a fair contract, and they aren't trading him for crap. This may seem like a lot at 1st but look at it from a depth standpoint.

Freddy is a bench player, Pollard is an ending contract, Hulk would NOT play next year if DD is brought back, and the 17 pick wouldn't play either.

This is like almost getting Brad Miller back, although they are different players. Having Magloire, DD (if resigned), and Foster is good depth at C.

Tinsley/AJ
    Jackson/
    Artest/JJ (if re-signed)
    O'Neal/DD/Croshere
    Magloire/Foster

SG's and SF's are the easiest to make into solid role-players.

And for New Orleans, they're getting 3 great prospects in the deal in Hulk, Freddie, and the #17 pick, plus an ending contract. That is a good deal for both teams.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Most of these are out and out homer deals! You want to get an all star for bench fodder. Try most of those offers on a NO board and they will laugh at you!

I don't know every time I read about how idiotic one of these trade proposals sound I can't help to flash in my mind.

Indiana Pacers trade Brad Miller to the Sacramento Kings for Scott Pollard & Hedu Turkgalu.

Or even.

Indiana Pacers trade Dale Davis to the Portland Trialblazers for Jermaine O'Neal & Joe Kliene.

Seems to me that every now & then an all-star can be traded for a non-allstar player.

But then again, I guess not everyone is Donnie Walsh either. (read into that what you want)

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Most of these are out and out homer deals! You want to get an all star for bench fodder. Try most of those offers on a NO board and they will laugh at you!
    If that's directed at my deal, I would ask where they could get great "value" for Magloire. No premium superstar is going to be offered for him, New Orleans is a terrible team, and their ownership is cheap.

Unless they got a top pick for him, I think getting Hulk, Freddie, and the #17, plus the cap space is a great move, and I would add in Foster to take a bad contract off their hands if that was what it took.

Looking at the shape of team's, the only major type of deal I could see a team doing is a Marion for Magloire deal, (plus fillers obviously) but I don't see the Hornets doing that. Marion isn't going to turn them into a winner.

Either that or the Al Harrington + 2 for Magloire + 4 trade goes down, and getting Al, Marvin Williams, and having PJ Brown would be overpiling the 4 position.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

A trade of Harrison, Fred Jones, Pollard, Foster and the 17 pick for Magloire and George Lynch works.

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    But then again, I guess not everyone is Donnie Walsh either. (read into that what you want)
    You mean someone who's not spending an inordinate amount of time on an internet message board talking about something he loves, but is actually doing it? Someone who set an incredibly lofty goal for himself and worked his off tail off to achieve it? Someone who has but one of 32 jobs in the world and is one of the most respected people at what he does? Yeah, you're right, not everyone is Donnie Walsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    Someone who set an incredibly lofty goal for himself and worked his off tail off to achieve it?
    NBA Championship.... That's the goal I want to see achieved. At this point, I don't much care how it gets done... just do it. (No players are untradable in my book)

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Magloire is not on the trading block anyways.

If we picked him up, We'd probably be the best team in the NBA by default asuming we didn't lose any starters in the trade..But as much as I'd like to have Magloire, It's not going to happen. He's one of the smaller building blocks in New Orleans...and unless he starts demanding trades like Baron Davis, I don't think he will be traded.

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    NBA Championship.... That's the goal I want to see achieved. At this point, I don't much care how it gets done... just do it. (No players are untradable in my book)

-Bball
    You know what I meant.

You mean someone who's not spending an inordinate amount of time on an internet message board talking about something he loves, but is actually doing it? Someone who set an incredibly lofty goal for himself and worked his off tail off to achieve it? Someone who has but one of 32 jobs in the world and is one of the most respected people at what he does? Yeah, you're right, not everyone is Donnie Walsh.

Thirty-two jobs? There's 30 NBA teams, is that just a mistake or are you referring to something else?

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    Thirty-two jobs? There's 30 NBA teams, is that just a mistake or are you referring to something else?
    Oops.

Oops.
    I'm surprised the master of purple text didn't catch that....

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden