Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jamaal Magloire

foretaz

Default Jamaal Magloire

is there any way the hornets do a deal for magloire that would involve any combination of the following?

bender
    anthony johnson
    david harrison
    #17 pick in the draft

we know bender is somewhat of a hometown hero of sorts in the new orleans area....who knows if thats a way to benefit their woeful attendance or not...

they need point guard play and an experienced aj would come in handy i suppose, though i dont know what kind of relationship he and byron have...

they are definitely young and trying to rebuild as well as being very cost conscious...i believe they have stated that they would be interested in dealing for more picks in the draft....

does any or all of this have a shot at magloire? or is it just a pipe dream, stretch job....

given their cheap ways, i cant believe theyre too excited to signing magloire to a long term deal with the kind of money he will be needing....

Default Re: Jamaal Magloire

David will be better than Mags, no deal.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Amen, I an't Trading DAVID no way not yet and Bender is due for a break ( pardon the pun ) soon, I reckon This could be Benders Year, With Jax,Artest Starting he'll get enough PT if he is good enough

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

........umn, this is JAMAL MAGLORE we're talking about, right? The all-star center?

The only was they trade Maglore for that package is over Byron Scott's dead body/resignation.

DOes anybody here really expect Harrison to be an all-star?

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    David will be better than Mags, no deal.
    i had a pretty decent feeling what u would say to the harrison part....but...take harrison out of the deal....i said any combination....

does new orleans do a deal like that?

would mags be a good fit here? if for no other reason, to give time to develop....if harrison does turn out great, its never a bad thing to have a quality big man to trade....

remember folks....im a big bender fan....and would love nothing better than to see him have a breakout season here

but id also like the team to get better as well....

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    ........umn, this is JAMAL MAGLORE we're talking about, right? The all-star center?

The only was they trade Maglore for that package is over Byron Scott's dead body/resignation.

shouldnt u be preparing ur shoe for consumption?

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz

does new orleans do a deal like that?

Not unless the deal is near the trade deadline, and Bender is in the middle of a break-out season.

In other words, they would never do it.

Um, no. Me say Hornets no crazy.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

A trade that works capwise is Jeff Foster , Jonathan Bender, & pick #17 for Jamal Magloire ,David West and pick #33.

The Hornets in a rebuilding mode have 2 years to give JB playing time , while Foster would be a fan fav. From Pacer side Magloire is 27 , the same age range as the other 4 starters.

Magloire gives the Pacers a bigger body to play center , while having a 2 year contract allows Harrison to develop after those 2 years they can resign Magloire or have Harrison to take over if he develops as some think he will.

The draft pick exchange gives the Hornets a good player to add to nucleus.

While Pacers get basicly a 1st rounder , without having to guarantee the contract.

Recently Magoire said he'd like to be traded , I'm sure Jermaine would like another young ,big body to take the beating inside. Magloire tho not a great offensive player is better than Foster and a better defender.

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00
    A trade that works capwise is Jeff Foster , Jonathan Bender, & pick #17 for Jamal Magloire ,David West and pick #33.

The Hornets in a rebuilding mode have 2 years to give JB playing time , while Foster would be a fan fav. From Pacer side Magloire is 27 , the same age range as the other 4 starters.

Magloire gives the Pacers a bigger body to play center , while having a 2 year contract allows Harrison to develop after those 2 years they can resign Magloire or have Harrison to take over if he develops as some think he will.

While Pacers get basicly a 1st rounder , without having to guarantee the contract.

This trade seems fair although I think the Hornet's woulden't do it, ya'll gotta remember that the Hornbags traded Davis for some Dorrito's and Cap space, they'd never want Foster & Bender's Contracts

I think the Warriors are the key here, anyone here reckon we could do some deals with them, with ol Kris Mullin being in charge there, he surely would love some Former Pacers with J-rich and D-diddy

Even the Hornets won't deal an all-star center for a bag of beans. That's different than an injured PG who demanded a trade.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00

Recently Magoire said he'd like to be traded , I'm sure Jermaine would like another young ,big body to take the beating inside. Magloire tho not a great offensive player is better than Foster and a better defender.
    funny u mention foster, because thats where i was going next....

i was going on the assumption that magloire would prefer to be gone....and what might work....

i thought i did remember hearing something that west was a coaching staff favorite though....but i could be mistaken...

i guess what i was really trying to get at....does mags make sense here?

might new orleans have any interest in bender, at least more than most?....i have a hard time believing they would, or anybody would , for that matter...at least at the money he is making...but who knows...

if mags does make sense here....what package would make sense for us to get him? and could we live with that...

im surprised noone has mentioned an artest trade for him....artest would probably put some butts in the seats there....which they dearly need...not sure how good of a fit in new orleans lifestyle he would be.....but he would definitely be the star of the show....

First Round #17 Pick
    0-0 from
    No games yet played in 2004/05
    Eddie Gill
    6-0 PG from Weber State
    3.7 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 1.1 apg in 14.0 minutes
    Fred Jones
    6-2 SG from Oregon
    10.6 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 2.5 apg in 29.4 minutes
    Jonathan Bender
    7-0 SF from Picayune HS (MS)
    5.1 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 0.6 apg in 13.3 minutes
    Incoming
    S #33 Pick
    0-0 from
    Jamaal Magloire
    6-11 C from Kentucky
    11.7 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 1.3 apg in 30.6 minutes
    Change in team outlook: -7.7 ppg, +2.3 rpg, and -2.9 apg.

New Orleans Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    S #33 Pick
    0-0 from
    Jamaal Magloire
    6-11 C from Kentucky
    Incoming
    Eddie Gill
    6-0 PG from Weber State
    3.7 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 1.1 apg in 14.0 minutes
    Fred Jones
    6-2 SG from Oregon
    10.6 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 2.5 apg in 29.4 minutes
    Jonathan Bender
    Change in team outlook: +7.7 ppg, -2.3 rpg, and +2.9 apg.

Successful Scenario
    Due to Indiana and New Orleans being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Indiana and New Orleans had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Even the Hornets won't deal an all-star center for a bag of beans. That's different than an injured PG who demanded a trade.
    there is nothing more former then a FORMER ALL STAR !!

he was a All Star Center in a Weak East Team a couple years ago, I doubt he'll ever be a All Star again, and how long till this former All Star demands a trade 2 weeks in to the season, 4 weeks ? All Star weekend >?>

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    . . . is there any way the hornets do a deal for magloire that would involve any combination of the following?

bender
    anthony johnson
    david harrison
    #17 pick in the draft
    As far as talent goes I don't think so. Bender is injured all the time, Harrison is unproven, and AJ is a back up. All that and the 17th pick for an all star center? No way!

Magloire just turned 27 years old last month, he's only been in the league 4 years yet he's already been to the All Star game. Good centers are a bit harder to come by than a good point guard. Why trade one of your primary building blocks?

When you consider finances and what Magloire wants to do it could be a different story though. That would only mean they would be willing to trade Mags, that wouldn't mean they were interested in what the Pacers were offering. Someone would offer a starter, picks, and probably expiring contracts.

They might not bite on the deal you proposed even if it everything was included and it was Tinsley being offered instead of AJ.

Harmonica

Hey, look what else works!

Indiana Trade Breakdown

Outgoing
    Jeff Foster
    6-11 C from Southwest Texas State
    7.0 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 0.7 apg in 26.1 minutes

Ron Artest
    6-7 SF from St. Johns
    24.6 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 3.1 apg in 41.6 minutes

Incoming
    Jamaal Magloire
    6-11 C from Kentucky

Maciej Lampe
    6-11 SF from Poland
    3.4 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.5 apg in 12.4 minutes
    Change in team outlook: -16.5 ppg, -3.8 rpg, and -2.0 apg.

Outgoing
    Jamaal Magloire
    6-11 C from Kentucky

Maciej Lampe
    6-11 SF from Poland
    3.4 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.5 apg in 12.4 minutes

Incoming
    Jeff Foster
    6-11 C from Southwest Texas State
    7.0 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 0.7 apg in 26.1 minutes

Ron Artest
    6-7 SF from St. Johns
    24.6 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 3.1 apg in 41.6 minutes
    Change in team outlook: +16.5 ppg, +3.8 rpg, and +2.0 apg.

Successful Scenario
    Due to Indiana and New Orleans being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Indiana and New Orleans had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

I think if you want to get into a trade with the Hornets that involve Magloire you'll need to throw Toronto into the mix. Magloire is Toronto & the Raptors need a countrymen as well as a center to help draw the fans back.

The real question is what could be offer to help get Magloire to Toronto & what pieces do we get out of the deal?

Outgoing
    Jonathan Bender
    Anthony Johnson
    6-3 PG from Charleston (SC)
    8.4 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 4.8 apg in 27.7 minutes
    Incoming
    Lamond Murray
    6-7 SF from California
    6.0 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.8 apg in 14.8 minutes
    Eric Williams
    6-8 SF from Providence
    12.6 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 2.0 apg in 35.2 minutes
    Change in team outlook: +5.1 ppg, +2.3 rpg, and -2.6 apg.

Toronto Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Lamond Murray
    6-7 SF from California
    6.0 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.8 apg in 14.8 minutes
    Eric Williams
    6-8 SF from Providence
    12.6 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 2.0 apg in 35.2 minutes
    Incoming
    Jamaal Magloire
    6-11 C from Kentucky
    Change in team outlook: -6.9 ppg, +1.8 rpg, and -1.5 apg.

Outgoing
    Jamaal Magloire
    6-11 C from Kentucky
    Incoming
    Jonathan Bender
    Anthony Johnson
    6-3 PG from Charleston (SC)
    8.4 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 4.8 apg in 27.7 minutes
    Change in team outlook: +1.8 ppg, -4.1 rpg, and +4.1 apg.

Successful Scenario
    Due to Indiana, Toronto, and New Orleans being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Indiana, Toronto, and New Orleans had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

sweabs

If Magloire indeed wants to be traded, you can bet the Raptors are going to make a strong push for him. They already missed out on Nash.

That being said; Lamond Murray and Eric Williams, Peck? Yuck!

Peck, i'd do that first one you proposed in a second.

Gill/Jones/Bender/#17 for Magloire/#33

Gill and Bender are fully expendable and as much as I like Freddy, SG is one of our deepest positions. Throw in future 1st rounders, whatever. I'd even throw in Foster for one of their scrubs if we could get Magloire without touching any of our starters, prospects (JJ + DH) or AJ.

What's everyone think of Mags? Is he a better defender than Dale/Jeff? Can he hit the 10-15 footer?

Maglore is a top-10 NBA center, easy.

He has range to 10 feet, he's strong as a bull, he can post up, grab boards and block shots.

He's one of my favorite centers. If he were vavailable, nearly every playoff team would offer the farm for him.

I realize everyone on this board, being Pacers fans, think very highly of our bench, especially after they all got a lot of chances to prove themselves.

That said, you should quit proposing nonsense trades like this. Allstar players get traded for allstar players, not the players from the bottom 4 spots in a teams rotation. If we want Magloire, we would have to give up an allstar to get him. While there are always exceptions (Baron Davis) these are the exception and therefore rare occurences.

This goes the other way for Ron Artest. No matter how bad you feel the brawl hurt his trade value, if a player with his talent goes on the market, you can be sure we are going to get good offers for him, not the bottom players of other teams rotations. Hes an allstar, on the verge of being a superstar, hes not going to get traded for benchwarmers.

On the other hand, I guess these wacky proposals do keep the boards running during the summer

I think I'd take Murray and Williams in that deal, too. Murray is an expirerer (new word) and Williams is a great locker room guy who can defend off the bench.

For Bender and AJ? Heartbeat. Of course, that's merely theoretical, since NO wouldn't.

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.ThunderMakeR
    I realize everyone on this board, being Pacers fans, think very highly of our bench, especially after they all got a lot of chances to prove themselves.

That said, you should quit proposing nonsense trades like this. Allstar players get traded for allstar players, not the players from the bottom 4 spots in a teams rotation. If we want Magloire, we would have to give up an allstar to get him. While there are always exceptions (Baron Davis) these are the exception and therefore rare occurences.

This goes the other way for Ron Artest. No matter how bad you feel the brawl hurt his trade value, if a player with his talent goes on the market, you can be sure we are going to get good offers for him, not the bottom players of other teams rotations. Hes an allstar, on the verge of being a superstar, hes not going to get traded for benchwarmers.

On the other hand, I guess these wacky proposals do keep the boards running during the summer
    Hey, I proposed Ron + Jeff.