Thread: More rumors out of LA.

Default More rumors out of LA.

i was looking at benmaller.com (very good sports rumor site) and there is more dirt coming out of LA from this hoopsworld.com website.

we all know the rumor about LA sending us Slavo and George for bender and the 17th pick.

apparently, the lakers would then send the 17th pick, the 10th pick, caron butler, and expiring contracts like divac, jones, and atkins to the hornets for magloire, brown, and the 4th pick.

anyways, i am assuming the lakers would take deron williams or paul (if availalbe)

if all this goes down the lakers will be a big time force, especially with phil jackson returning.

pg: williams or paul
    sg: bryant
    sf: odom
    pf: brown
    c: magloire

bench: bender, walton, cook, mihm.

Default Re: More rumors out of LA.

"big time force"? I would not agree with that at all. Despite what you may hear elsewhere, a team's bench is crucial to its success. That said, the Lakers have and would have a subpar bench.

The team I'm wondering about is Portland. They've been working out a bunch of guys they have no business getting with the 3rd pick - guy's who'll be in the 7-16 range.

Should be a fun evening.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

well, portland wants green but he refuses to workout competitively against other players. i think the blazers feel they can trade down and still pick him up along with acquiring another pick.

The bigger a potential deal gets, the more unlikely it happens.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Advice to Bird, do absolutely nothing to help out the Lakers. I do not want
    Magloire on the Lakers. Bring him to the Pacers. Trade anyone not named
    Oneal or Artest.

owl

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The bigger a potential deal gets, the more unlikely it happens.
    True, but these are seperate deals. One between us and LA, then after that's done, they hurry up and make this one seperately with NO if it doesn't fall through. It's not setup to be a 3-team trade.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True, but these are seperate deals. One between us and LA, then after that's done, they hurry up and make this one seperately with NO if it doesn't fall through. It's not setup to be a 3-team trade.
    But I think what he's trying to say is that maybe the Lakers are only planning to trade with the Pacers so that they can in turn trade with someone else.

If all that came true, the Lakers would be pretty good.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

I think this deal is a real chance, Althought I think Portland and Lakers are talking more then the Lakers & Hornets, I heard the Lakers want to make the same deal and Draft Green, or Williams/Paul

I think this deal is far more likley then any Pacer-Faker deal as you'll got to remember Bird was the coach when His Pacers got screwed by the Fakers and his History Vs Magic Johnson & the Lakers is well PART of History so there will never ever be any deal with the Lakers

Both Portland and New Orleans aren't going anywhere soon