Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 61

Thread: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

  1. #26
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    I was going to agree with Roy said, until I realized it was Roy saying it.

    As for J33J's comments its crap like this that almost make me root for the Pistons.

    I think that the Pistons will lose the series, but if they win it's all J33J's fault for saying it's over.

  2. #27

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, offensive would be me telling you to make it into a tagline, because in 5 minutes you'll forget you ever said it.....
    Now that is harsh

    ...but Geez, is it true?
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  3. #28
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, offensive would be me telling you to make it into a tagline, because in 5 minutes you'll forget you ever said it.....




    .

    .

    .




    .

    .

    .


    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  4. #29
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,044

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Pistons are not winning the title?

    2 games left, buddy. And I don't expect these guys to hand things over to San Antonio.

    It's FAR from over. If I had guts, I would say the Pistons are winning the next 2.
    I thought about it.

    I said before the season started that San Antonio would win it all. I almost dropped my prediction yesterday because of the way San Antonio played at the end, and I realize they are up 3 games to 2.

    Horry bailed both Duncan and the Spurs out and if knucklehead would have just stayed with Horry I think there would have been a different outcome.

    I think the next game will come down to the last seconds and when games are that close the bounce of the ball can decide the winner. Detroit could win just as easy as San Antonio.

    Same thing for a seventh game.

    Let me say something else. If they were going to play another 7 games series I would pick Detroit. I think they are mentally tougher than San Antonio. And what does that say about Tim Duncan? You can't be an all time great and play that way in the clutch.

    One of these teams will win the championship, but I don't think either of these teams would rate as a great champion. Could you imagine any teams with Bird, Magic, Isiah, or Jordan getting blown out two games in a row the way these two have? Neither team seems to have a killer instinct.

    I don't know, maybe that game got Duncans attention.

  5. #30
    Member efx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,657

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Duncan's problems lies in his freethrows, not his instinct. Remember game 6 of the finals 2003 when it looked like the Nets would take that game and he had the huge one.

    He's always had that ability to bounce back after a bad game and that's what makes him truly great.

    You simply don't lead a team to two, possibly three rings without that instinct. Duncan is as much an alltime great as you can get.

  6. #31
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,250
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, offensive would be me telling you to make it into a tagline, because in 5 minutes you'll forget you ever said it.....

    Said what?
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

  7. #32
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,250
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Duncan's free throw ability was abysmal. I'm certain that Shaq LOOKS better shooting free throws than Timmy did last night. The guy looked positively scared to death on those last ones.
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

  8. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    27
    Posts
    488

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Duncan's free throw ability was abysmal. I'm certain that Shaq LOOKS better shooting free throws than Timmy did last night. The guy looked positively scared to death on those last ones.
    Now now, let's not call names...

  9. #34
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,699

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    It seems that in all the "TD chokes" thoughts flying around, the simple and yet obvious truth is overlooked once again.

    TD is playing on 2 sprained ankles, no I do not know if any of you ever tried playing on 1, but 2 is certainly a painfull matter.
    He had 26 pts and 19 rebounds and some other stats, by the end of the game and certainly in OT, he was washed up, dead, tired, dying on his feet.
    The fatigue and pain combined would make it that something you have a problem with to begin with (taking free throws) would only become worse, it's harder to concentrate, fatigue is taking over, and a "not automated" thing to begin with becomes a labour of sweat and more pain.
    If your feet are "wobbly" and painfull (or your ankles for that matter) it becomes very hard to take a decent free throw, certainly if you are seemingly by nature incapable of taking a decent free throw.

    I do not count the putback in regular time as a fault of TD, he was clearly smacked on his arm there by Billups, it wasn't called but it definitely made him miss.

    TD had a monster game in the first 45 minutes, I respect that, and he has proven more then once not to be a choke artist.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  10. #35
    Member OnlyPacersLeft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    94
    Posts
    3,098

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Amazing that this is even considered "Trolling". How so? this is A PACERS BOARD. Now if it was a pistons board, then yes it could be considered trolling. Amazing how you can't absolutely HATE detroit and it's fans.
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

  11. #36
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,952

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Quote Originally Posted by J33J
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Amazing that this is even considered "Trolling". How so? this is A PACERS BOARD. Now if it was a pistons board, then yes it could be considered trolling. Amazing how you can't absolutely HATE detroit and it's fans.
    First of all, I don't hate people based on their team affiliations. That's the very definition of childish. There's more to life than basketball, kid.

    Also, trolling is trolling. Doesn't matter who your team is. If the shoe fits, wear it. There is no such thing as something being trolling on one board, and not trolling on another.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  12. #37

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Quote Originally Posted by J33J
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Billups Sucks. It's funny you bring up karma. You know it's over and you don't want to say anything. And I donno how smart a guy can be if he leaves the man who has been on fire WIDE OPEN to double a guy IN THE CORNER near the baseline.

    Biggest Idiot in the L=Sheed

    Sheed is the idiot here? Billups is a good ball handler and he can take it to the post like almost no other PG in the league IMHO, he reminds me alot of Manu, would you say that Manu sucks? I understand the reason people have bad feelings toward the Wallaces, but personally I don't. You can't deny the power or the defensive abilities from either of these guys. Rip Hamilton is just tough and his moves are awesome, but considering he got them all from Reggie, how could they not be? The biggest, unrecognized talent IMO is definately Tayshaun, he's a good guy to have around for alot of reasons both offensively and defensively;that block against Reggie last year, amazing, simply amazing.

    Have you even ever seen a Pistons' game besides the Pacers' playoff series? They definately deserve to be there, just as San Antonio does. My real problem with Detroit doesn't fall within the team, but the fans.
    Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible.

    Do Not Trade Austin

    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Veteran Austin Croshere, the longest-tenured Pacers player on the roster, has proven reliable when called upon, invariably ready to step in regardless of the circumstance.

  13. #38
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,008

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerFanAdam
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I get tired of always hearing that about teams.

    That's just like the Lakers after 02-03, "Oh, Shaq and the Lakers are really pissed off now, they're going to dominate."

    Fans say that every time a defending champion, or a team that went to the finals is knocked out......."just wait till next year, they'll be so pissed off".
    Unfortunately, the Pacers are working on a new multi year marketing campaign and the theme will be "Wait'll next year!".

    It's always the Pacer fans saying "Wait'll next year" at the end of every season. I'm starting to wonder if next year will ever come if we don't change some things in our approach.

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  14. #39
    Member efx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,657

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Quote Originally Posted by J33J
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Amazing that this is even considered "Trolling". How so? this is A PACERS BOARD. Now if it was a pistons board, then yes it could be considered trolling. Amazing how you can't absolutely HATE detroit and it's fans.
    I don't hate ANYONE in sports. Noone in sports has ever done anything to me to warrant my hate. People who sit around after 6 months or so and still spew this crap everywhere has issues regarding their priorities.

    But that's just me.

  15. #40
    Member OnlyPacersLeft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    94
    Posts
    3,098

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Oh I'm sure there is more to life than sports. Like Riots, Raping People, Murders, Robberys. But none of that happens in detroit does it? the filth of the world right there! And to say they represent the NBA as the champs? EW.
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

  16. #41
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,952

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Quote Originally Posted by J33J
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh I'm sure there is more to life than sports. Like Riots, Raping People, Murders, Robberys. But none of that happens in detroit does it? the filth of the world right there! And to say they represent the NBA as the champs? EW.
    Aren't we high and mighty?

    I'm very proud of my home, thanks.

    BTW, you just officially reached troll tsatus.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  17. #42
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,981

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Ugh this is all sounding mighty dejavu.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  18. #43
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,952

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Quote Originally Posted by Mourning
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ugh this is all sounding mighty dejavu.
    yeah, doesn't it?

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  19. #44
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Earl, is that you?!?!

  20. #45
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,981

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Earl, is that you?!?!
    Hahaha, hey, plans change, THAT'S how he lives his life now. Let's please move on.

    For the record I don't think it's him .

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  21. #46
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,981

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yeah, doesn't it?
    VERY
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  22. #47
    sc
    Guest

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Quote Originally Posted by J33J
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh I'm sure there is more to life than sports. Like Riots, Raping People, Murders, Robberys. But none of that happens in detroit does it? the filth of the world right there! And to say they represent the NBA as the champs? EW.
    Why EW? Becuase people of African descent disgust you. Why is Detroit filth becuase it is a majority black city and you have problem with blacks. I get it only priviledged white people from Indiana can be champs not the filthy ******s from Detroit. I feel sorry for everyone around you that has to put up with your racist attitude.

    Sorry to go off topic but people like this anger me. No excuse for that kind of behavior.

  23. #48
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,981

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Quote Originally Posted by sc
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why EW? Becuase people of African descent disgust you. Why is Detroit filth becuase it is a majority black city and you have problem with blacks. I get it only priviledged white people from Indiana can be champs not the filthy ******s from Detroit. I feel sorry for everyone around you that has to put up with your racist attitude.

    Sorry to go off topic but people like this anger me. No excuse for that kind of behavior.
    what has rascism got to do with this? Look I don't aggree with him on this topic, but I didn't see the rascist connection in that post, but ok, maybe I overlooked something?

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  24. #49
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Quote Originally Posted by J33J
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh I'm sure there is more to life than sports. Like Riots, Raping People, Murders, Robberys. But none of that happens in detroit does it? the filth of the world right there! And to say they represent the NBA as the champs? EW.
    This is becoming what we didn't allow Sassan to do here. And if we're not going to let him do it, we're not going to let you do it either. Drop the hyperbole act.

  25. #50
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Quote Originally Posted by Mourning
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what has rascism got to do with this? Look I don't aggree with him on this topic, but I didn't see the rascist connection in that post, but ok, maybe I overlooked something?

    Regards,

    Mourning
    Right there with you, Mourning. I think sc is looking for racism; I sure didn't see any.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •