Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bruno QOD: LA Rumors Bogus

Default Re: Bruno QOD: LA Rumors Bogus

Quote Originally Posted by RWB
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What do you want to bet Dyrek gave Larry and Donnie some good news?
    I sure hope he did. Cause a healthy Jonathan Bender = BIG THINGS

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    Agreed, and from what I've heard Bender is a nice guy. Have talked with a few folks in that area that I met thru the LSU Weapons of Mass destruction training classes who also know some of the folks with the Gold Rush. Apparently Bendee is always a willing volunteer at their camps, gives money, etc. Though it sounds as though Bird is not playing games anymore since Bender has been under constant supervision by Dyrek instead of working out as usual with D.Jack down there. I really hope he does succeed.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Cause a healthy Jonathan Bender = BIG THINGS
    A Universal Implosion.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

A healthy Bender gives him a chance to get hurt some place else. Maybe an elbow or a foot...the possibilities are numerous
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

It is amazing to me that the Bender rumors generate so much passion on both sides.

Do fans of every team get so emotional about their 8th/9th/10th man (when he is healthy).

Losing or not losing Bender is irrelevant to this franchise. It's just slightly more important than the status of Eddie Gill.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    It doesn't bug me one way or another, but I am hard pressed to believe that the Pacers, as Bruno said, would just give up on Bender considering how much time and money they spent on him. If he gets traded and starts becoming healthy, Donnie/Larry will look like idiots. Might as well keep him the next two years and see what happens.
    Not just that, but Bender has the "Potential" (uh oh) to be HUGELY valuable to us. Not just another "good player", but a much needed cog.He can be a front line scorer for the 2nd team, in Al's role. SOmething they desparately need.

Quote Originally Posted by pacertom

Losing or not losing Bender is irrelevant to this franchise. It's just slightly more important than the status of Eddie Gill.
    That is blatantly wrong and highly disrepectful.

Eddie Gill was actually useful at times and was always willing... and able... to play when called upon.

Losing Bender would be just like always because he's always lost for the year anyway. And of the rare times he has been on the court he's been 'lost' then too!

Trade him... cut him... Just end the charade so the team can move on and PLAN THE SEASON, PLAYER MOVES, ROTATIONS, ETC WITHOUT HIM IN THE PICTURE.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    Trade him... cut him... Just end the charade so the team can move on and PLAN THE SEASON, PLAYER MOVES, ROTATIONS, ETC WITHOUT HIM IN THE PICTURE.

-Bball
    It is so annoying having people wondering what rotations will be like when Bender returns from injury, and we are all left wondering "what if". If bender is gone, we no longer have this problem.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    Didnt DW say the same thing about the Jalen Rose trade the day before he was traded?...........................

I vividly remember what he said in regards to Jalen. He said he was not shopping Jalen. That is all he said. he never said he would not trade Jalen.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The story is not accurate. Franchise CEO Donnie Walsh was unequivocal in his dismissal of that particular trade report. No such discussions are taking place, and there's nothing on the table with the Lakers.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++

"not accurate"..."in his dismissal OF THAT PARTICULAR trade report"..."there is nothing on the table with the Lakers."

And Suaveness (with all due respect)

"It is so annoying having people wondering what rotations will be like when Bender returns from injury, and we are all left wondering "what if". If bender is gone, we no longer have this problem."

I could say nearly the exact same words for a certain former DPOY.
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    The story is not accurate. Franchise CEO Donnie Walsh was unequivocal in his dismissal of that particular trade report. No such discussions are taking place, and there's nothing on the table with the Lakers.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++

"not accurate"..."in his dismissal OF THAT PARTICULAR trade report"..."there is nothing on the table with the Lakers."

"It is so annoying having people wondering what rotations will be like when Bender returns from injury, and we are all left wondering "what if". If bender is gone, we no longer have this problem."

Indygeezer is right. Lets get rid of both of them.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That is blatantly wrong and highly disrepectful.

Eddie Gill was actually useful at times and was always willing... and able... to play when called upon.

Losing Bender would be just like always because he's always lost for the year anyway. And of the rare times he has been on the court he's been 'lost' then too!

-Bball
    You are completely correct about Eddie. He was useful at times.

Plus, he is such a great guy!! I love Eddie!

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    lol, I really need to start reading threads in full before I post my reply....

That doesn't work for me. I can be the first one to read a new thread and by the time I post I'm post #20.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    That doesn't work for me. I can be the first one to read a new thread and by the time I post I'm post #20.

Will...you can get that 12.6 K dial-up modem updated now. They've gone all the way up to 56K!
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Don't bring Artest into this Artest won't be out the whole year again (hopefully)

He at least HAS played and we know he can play. Bender on the other hand has not legitimately played EVER, and won't probably. Not to mention what little we saw of him last year was dreadful...I haven't seen too many people play with a basketball IQ that low.

Will...you can get that 12.6 K dial-up modem updated now. They've gone all the way up to 56K!
    Good one, but it's not the equipment. I usually ascertain my facts before I post.

I remember having a 12.6 dial up, or was that a 4.2?

I have no idea who you guys are talking about. I don't think I've ever seen this person play before.

IndyToad
    Better'n sliced eyeballs

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    Good one, but it's not the equipment. I usually ascertain my facts before I post.

I remember having a 12.6 dial up, or was that a 4.2?
    it went from 300 bps (yes i had one of those) to 1200 bps!!! (the one I used to first connect to the net, then 14.4 28.8 and 56.6 and/or 64/128 (isdn).

trust me, when the 1200 bps hit the market for a staggering $ 250 we all were in awe about the speed we suddenly had
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Tim

-Bball
    Do you really think Bender hurts this team that much?

All that I see is that he isn't able to help, not that he hurts us.

When Bender is down, he is nothing more than a source of frustration for some posters. I haven't heard anything to suggest he is a distraction to the team. He seems like the real quiet type and players and management alike say he is a gym rat.

If he does get moved this summer, whats to keep the new player from getting hurt like Bender?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    Do you really think Bender hurts this team that much?
    Yes.

All that I see is that he isn't able to help, not that he hurts us.
    He's a constant reminder to the team of everything this team should not be about:
    An overhyped, overpaid, useless player who can't or won't take the court when injured... and is injured all the time. A player that cost the team far more than he ever has brought it and for all intents and purposes will never be 1/3rd of the player he replaced. Worse, other players taken after him in the draft are WORLD'S better.

I do not believe in letting mistakes fester nor sending the wrong signals. Getting rid of Bender would send the RIGHT signals to the team- You either help us or you're gone. No pampering allowed. No free passes.

And if this season should have taught us anything it is that you can't be wasting roster spots on players who can't or won't play when needed. That can't sit well with the other players nor should it.

When Bender is down, he is nothing more than a source of frustration for some posters. I haven't heard anything to suggest he is a distraction to the team. He seems like the real quiet type and players and management alike say he is a gym rat.

If he does get moved this summer, whats to keep the new player from getting hurt like Bender?

Few players are as tissue soft as Bender for one thing. Few players have a game as flawed as Bender's for another (no fundamentals or understanding how to help his team if he can't jump like he wants).

And if the new player proves to be as problematic as Bender then we can move him too. BMiller was moved for supposedly questions about his ability to stay healthy so I see no reason why Bender shouldn't be moved as well... Except BMiller was world's better than Bender and I'd be fine with cutting Bender and dealing with the financial penalty (since it is the Simons' money I am spending ).

There's no reason to think Bender has suddenly learned how to play basketball let alone think that he has been transformed into steel (or gotten a heart over the summer). He's worthless and he is wasting a roster space. He has to be taken into account with any and all player moves and potential rotations (depth charts) as long as he is on the team and that is just wrong at this point.

-Bball

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

"I don't know where this stuff is coming from," Walsh told Insider. "There's absolutely no truth to it. I've never even talked to the Lakers about a trade. I asked Larry [Bird, Pacers president], and he hasn't, either."

Straight from the one and only DW.

FYI: was asked about this on ESPN 950 today and he poo-pooed on this trade rumor as well.

For what it's worth. (Not much probably).

"I don't know where this stuff is coming from," Walsh told Insider. "There's absolutely no truth to it. I've never even talked to the Lakers about a trade. I asked Larry [Bird, Pacers president], and he hasn't, either."

Where did you hear or read that?

Harmonica

Donnie walks down the hall to Larry's office and sees that Larry is on the phone. Larry gives Donnie the "just a second" gesture. Donnie stands in the doorway...waiting...

Larry gets off the phone and motions Donnie in.

Donnie: I'm hearing rumors about us trading Bender and the 17th to the Lakers?

Larry: It isn't true?

Donnie: I thought you might be talking to them.

Larry: Nah, but I have been talking to Minnesota.

Donnie: Yeah, and I've been talking to Jerry.

Larry: And I've talked to Danny again about Paul.

Donnie: What'd he say?

Larry shakes his head.

Donnie: Billy called me about taking Al back.

Larry: Ha-ha. We sure taught the kid a lesson, eh?

Donnie: Heh. Yep. Well, let me know if you do call the Lakers. You know where to find me.

Larry: Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    Donnie walks down the hall to Larry's office and sees that Larry is on the phone. Larry gives Donnie the "just a second" gesture. Donnie stands in the doorway...waiting...

Larry gets off the phone and motions Donnie in.

Donnie: I'm hearing rumors about us trading Bender and the 17th to the Lakers?

Larry: It isn't true?

Donnie: I thought you might be talking to them.

Larry: Nah, but I have been talking to Minnesota.

Donnie: Yeah, and I've been talking to Jerry.

Larry: And I've talked to Danny again about Paul.

Donnie: What'd he say?

Larry shakes his head.

Donnie: Billy called me about taking Al back.

Larry: Ha-ha. We sure taught the kid a lesson, eh?

Donnie: Heh. Yep. Well, let me know if you do call the Lakers. You know where to find me.

Larry: Yep.

Donnie: By the way... Bender's looking for you...

Larry: Damn!

Donnie: What is it, another game of HORSE?

Larry: Yep... I let him win that one time so Mr Migrainegate would run with it and now he won't leave me alone. I beat him every time and he just keeps wanting a rematch. "One more, Mr Bird, one more... pleease!" Sheesh, he drives me crazy and I'm afraid if we play I'll hurt him if I'm not careful.

Donnie: Well, we could send him to LA afterall...

Larry: Yeah, let him be Kobe's problem. That's not a bad idea.

Donnie: You know the number... let me know what you find out...

-Bball

------

-John Wooden