Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 187

Thread: Gordon Hayward signs with the Celtics

  1. #1

    Default Gordon Hayward signs with the Celtics

    I figured this should be a main post and all discussion should be here.



  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Member Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    26,877

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gordon Hayward signs with the Celtics

    I feel bad for Utah fans
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Empty vessels make the most noise.

  4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  5. #3
    Some Guy
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,820

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gordon Hayward signs with the Celtics

    Well, nice to get some talent back East I guess.

  6. #4

    Default Re: Gordon Hayward signs with the Celtics

    As much as I like Anybody but LeBron coming out of the East I hate all things Boston too.

    I can only hope the Wizards shock the world eventually. I don't trust any other team out there in the East.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Member crunk-juice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Purdue
    Posts
    1,690
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gordon Hayward signs with the Celtics

    I ****ing hate anything associated with Boston.

    When will it be their turn to have ****** teams

    Yes mad

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crunk-juice For This Useful Post:


  10. #6

    Default Re: Gordon Hayward signs with the Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by crunk-juice View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I ****ing hate anything associated with Boston.

    When will it be their turn to have ****** teams

    Yes mad
    Where were you in early to mid 90s?

    1996 the Pats went to the SB and lost to Grandpa Favre and the Packers.

    But yeah beyond that the 90s I don't recall a lot of Boston success(I unfortunately remember a lot of Bulls success though

  11. #7
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: Gordon Hayward signs with the Celtics

    Boston is much, much, much better off signing Gordon than Paul George who is bound for LA. I can see Gordon finishing his career in green.

    I have no hate for the Celtics and will probably root for them to make the finals.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  13. #8

    Default Re: Gordon Hayward signs with the Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Boston is much, much, much better off signing Gordon than Paul George who is bound for LA. I can see Gordon finishing his career in green.

    I have no hate for the Celtics and will probably root for them to make the finals.
    Well duh they were better off. Gordon and Brad go way back. Now if they fire Brad Stevens at some point not sure if Gordon will stay there his entire career.

  14. #9
    Member Handoverfist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    348

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gordon Hayward signs with the Celtics

    Boston Sucks!!! That is all.

  15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Handoverfist For This Useful Post:


  16. #10
    Custom User Title Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,974
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gordon Hayward signs with the Celtics

    The Pacers will have to settle for the third seed or lower now...
    Edit Signature

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Natston For This Useful Post:


  18. #11
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    4,325
    Mood

    Default Re: Gordon Hayward signs with the Celtics

    Good for Hayward, happy for him and he's a true professional. Good Luck Gordon!
    Garbage players get 1st round picks, (WTF)! All of the NBA must hate the Pacers! LOL

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:


  20. #12
    DONCIC 2018 PacersHomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8,937

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gordon Hayward signs with the Celtics

    I'm rooting for the Celtics to win it all for as long as we rebuild for obvious reasons.

  21. #13
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Akron
    Posts
    2,939

    Default Re: Gordon Hayward signs with the Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I feel bad for Utah fans
    Haha wait what about us! Don't you feel bad for us too!?
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:


  23. #14
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    10,285

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gordon Hayward signs with the Celtics

    I am disappointed in Hayward.

  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  25. #15
    Member Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    26,877

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gordon Hayward signs with the Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haha wait what about us! Don't you feel bad for us too!?
    That's the reason I feel bad for Utah fans as well
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Empty vessels make the most noise.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  27. #16
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15,001

    Default Re: Gordon Hayward signs with the Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haha wait what about us! Don't you feel bad for us too!?
    I feel worse for utah fans. Their organization from all outward appearances was trying to build the right way, they were bringing in talent, they were really trying to compete as best as they could in a very tough west.

    Our team has been three years running just one bad free agent signing after another.

    I hate the way Paul George left, but I never faulted him for leaving. The Pacers as far as we know never showed a real path to contending that he was looking for, the Jazz were really on the verge of growing into that but now they are as shattered as we are. They have a young talent in the middle to build around and a few other things but they are now on the outside looking in and got less than we did.

    I guess in one way Paul did do us a favor, I just wish he would have kept his mouth shut and maybe somebody would have taken a risk.

    Oh well, once again it does go to show that small market teams have a very and I mean very narrow margin of error that we can operate under.

    I tend to down play him but I guess in the end all hail Reggie Miller.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  29. #17

    Default Re: Gordon Hayward signs with the Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am disappointed in Hayward.
    I won't lie this made me laugh out loud luckily I'm in the privacy of my own apartment and not in a public setting.

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:


  31. #18

    Default Re: Gordon Hayward signs with the Celtics

    Too bad Hayward didn't speak up so they could've traded him. I bet Jazz fans are happy he walked for nothing though.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:


  33. #19

    Default Re: Gordon Hayward signs with the Celtics

    No matter what, if a small market team has an All-Star on their team I would trade them 2 summers before they hit UFA & get max value. Preferably with 1st round picks that way you have a chance @ locking up another All-Star for 8-9 seasons

  34. #20

    Default Re: Gordon Hayward signs with the Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No matter what, if a small market team has an All-Star on their team I would trade them 2 summers before they hit UFA & get max value. Preferably with 1st round picks that way you have a chance @ locking up another All-Star for 8-9 seasons
    Anyone but the Spurs yes I agree.

  35. #21
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15,001

    Default Re: Gordon Hayward signs with the Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No matter what, if a small market team has an All-Star on their team I would trade them 2 summers before they hit UFA & get max value. Preferably with 1st round picks that way you have a chance @ locking up another All-Star for 8-9 seasons
    Only to have them develop on your dime to see them go to the coast again? Sounds like a great way to run a developmental league to me.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  37. #22

    Default Re: Gordon Hayward signs with the Celtics

    I feel like it should be Hayward and Stevens in Indiana. This is a bummer.

  38. #23

    Default Re: Gordon Hayward signs with the Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I feel like it should be Hayward and Stevens in Indiana. This is a bummer.
    It was in 2008-2010....

  39. #24
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    8,030

    Default Re: Gordon Hayward signs with the Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I feel worse for utah fans. Their organization from all outward appearances was trying to build the right way, they were bringing in talent, they were really trying to compete as best as they could in a very tough west.

    Our team has been three years running just one bad free agent signing after another.

    I hate the way Paul George left, but I never faulted him for leaving. The Pacers as far as we know never showed a real path to contending that he was looking for, the Jazz were really on the verge of growing into that but now they are as shattered as we are. They have a young talent in the middle to build around and a few other things but they are now on the outside looking in and got less than we did.

    I guess in one way Paul did do us a favor, I just wish he would have kept his mouth shut and maybe somebody would have taken a risk.

    Oh well, once again it does go to show that small market teams have a very and I mean very narrow margin of error that we can operate under.

    I tend to down play him but I guess in the end all hail Reggie Miller.
    I know everyone wants to say the Jazz did it right but I disagree. I know ISO Joe was big in the playoffs but they have 20 mill tied up in Joe Johnson and Boris Diaw. It's not as bad as our Monta and Al situation but that money is better served with a difference maker not half going to a guy scoring 4 points a game.

    And the Jazz have been a playmaker or point guard away for like 3 years. Look at Hayward's starting point guards for the past 4 years...

    Jamaal Tinsley, Trey Burk, John Lucas III, Dante Exum, Shelvin Mack, and then finally they trade for a capable starter yet he's old and injury prone in George Hill who only started 49 games.

    So they finally fielded a playoff team, but that doesn't change that they failed Hayward the majority of the time until a last ditch effort in Hayward's contract year.

    Meanwhile the Pacers have made sure Paul has made the playoffs every year he's been healthy in this league, and even gave him two years as a legit contender. That's twice out of six seasons! One third of Paul's time in the NBA he was on one of the best teams in the league!

    It's just funny to me. The narrative is Utah did it right and the Pacers didn't do enough, but is that really true?

  40. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  41. #25
    Member Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    26,877

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gordon Hayward signs with the Celtics

    Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's just funny to me. The narrative is Utah did it right and the Pacers didn't do enough, but is that really true?
    If we're talking about the overall duration of the player's contracts then it isn't. But that's not what people are talking about. The position that the teams have been lately and the way that each team is trending matter more than what happened 3 years ago. Utah was trending up while we were trending down.
    Last edited by Nuntius; 07-05-2017 at 01:52 AM.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Empty vessels make the most noise.

  42. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •