Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 61

Thread: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

  1. #1
    Member OnlyPacersLeft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    94
    Posts
    3,098

    Default The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Is that they can no longer carry around those stupid belts and we have to hear bill walton say "THE CHAMPS ARE LOOKING LIKE THE DEFENDING CHAMPS THAT THE DEFENDING CHAMPS SHOULD LOOK LIKE AS DEFENDING CHAMPS!"
    also the scum of the earth won't be considered the NBA's best team. Thank god for that.
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

  2. #2
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Maybe I'm alone in this, but I think the championship belts are great. I can only wish that it was the Pacers.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  3. #3
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    The Pistons are not winning the title?

    2 games left, buddy. And I don't expect these guys to hand things over to San Antonio.

    It's FAR from over. If I had guts, I would say the Pistons are winning the next 2.

  4. #4
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,069

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe I'm alone in this, but I think the championship belts are great. I can only wish that it was the Pacers.
    I really love thise things.

    If the Pistons lose the title, its only going to ROYALLY **** them off next year to come back witha vengance. Fine by me.

    This thread could look VERY funny after thursday......

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  5. #5
    Member OnlyPacersLeft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    94
    Posts
    3,098

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    No. They are pretty stupid and childish. These guys are the most arrogant champs ever. And boy I can't wait to see there faces when they lose by 20 in game 6.
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

  6. #6
    Member OnlyPacersLeft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    94
    Posts
    3,098

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really love thise things.

    If the Pistons lose the title, its only going to ROYALLY **** them off next year to come back witha vengance. Fine by me.

    This thread could look VERY funny after thursday......
    IF is not the question here! It's when! and besides, they won't do crap next year. Miami will be better and so Will Indiana. How's a third place finish sound? oh yeah, and you'll just say there waiting "For the playoffs" to turn it on. Haha, I'm sure they are turning it on now
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

  7. #7
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,069

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Quote Originally Posted by J33J
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No. They are pretty stupid and childish. These guys are the most arrogant champs ever. And boy I can't wait to see there faces when they lose by 20 in game 6.
    Exaggerate much?

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  8. #8
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,069

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Quote Originally Posted by J33J
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IF is not the question here! It's when! and besides, they won't do crap next year. Miami will be better and so Will Indiana. How's a third place finish sound? oh yeah, and you'll just say there waiting "For the playoffs" to turn it on. Haha, I'm sure they are turning it on now

    I recall saying something last night about fools and absolutes....bah, nevermind. Karma is a *****, that's all I'm going to say.

    If the Pistons win you'll crawl back under the same rock you've been under since last Tuesday. SO keep talking.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  9. #9
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Quote Originally Posted by J33J
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IF is not the question here! It's when! and besides, they won't do crap next year. Miami will be better and so Will Indiana. How's a third place finish sound? oh yeah, and you'll just say there waiting "For the playoffs" to turn it on. Haha, I'm sure they are turning it on now
    Pretty strong words considering the Pacers were put out 2 years in a row by them. Perhaps we are the most arrogant non-champs ever.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  10. #10
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,069

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pretty strong words considering the Pacers were put out 2 years in a row by them. Perhaps we are the most arrogant non-champs ever.


    Its cool, Dave. Kids will be kids. Don't take it too seriously. I don't really think they realize the gravity of what they say when they make promises like that.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  11. #11

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Quote Originally Posted by J33J
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No. They are pretty stupid and childish. These guys are the most arrogant champs ever. And boy I can't wait to see there faces when they lose by 20 in game 6.
    I don't know how stupid they are if they are getting paid millions of dollars to do what High School and Middle School kids do for free.

    I'm sorry I had to say that. Nothing personal.

  12. #12
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,773

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really love thise things.

    If the Pistons lose the title, its only going to ROYALLY **** them off next year to come back witha vengance. Fine by me.

    This thread could look VERY funny after thursday......


    I get tired of always hearing that about teams.

    That's just like the Lakers after 02-03, "Oh, Shaq and the Lakers are really pissed off now, they're going to dominate."

    Fans say that every time a defending champion, or a team that went to the finals is knocked out......."just wait till next year, they'll be so pissed off".

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,226

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    I would be more thatn happy to see the Pistons loose because if they win another title they will have an aura of invincibility and make it that much harder for the Pacers to beat them next year.

    However, they still are the champs and I personally think they are mentally very tough. especially Chauncy, Mentally he is MJ tough and that is saying a lot. I have never seen any one other than Reggie make free throws like Chuancy makes them. He is not fazed by missing one or two. Actually, Reggie's FT shooting action is very deliberate but Chauncy's is very casual.
    I would not count them out till the final buzzer sounds and SA has more points than Detroit in one of the next two games.

    SA has some choke in them, don't shoot free throws well and these factors will only help Detroit.

  14. #14
    Banned Fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,408

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerFanAdam
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I get tired of always hearing that about teams.

    That's just like the Lakers after 02-03, "Oh, Shaq and the Lakers are really pissed off now, they're going to dominate."

    Fans say that every time a defending champion, or a team that went to the finals is knocked out......."just wait till next year, they'll be so pissed off".
    I stopped ready the thread right here. I completely agree. Every fan thinks their team will be better next year.

  15. #15
    Member OnlyPacersLeft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    94
    Posts
    3,098

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Billups Sucks. It's funny you bring up karma. You know it's over and you don't want to say anything. And I donno how smart a guy can be if he leaves the man who has been on fire WIDE OPEN to double a guy IN THE CORNER near the baseline.

    Biggest Idiot in the L=Sheed
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

  16. #16
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,700

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    J33J this and another post are coming very close to trolling, I suggest you adept your style a bit, it doesn't belong here.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  17. #17
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,267
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Quote Originally Posted by able
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    J33J this and another post are coming very close to trolling, I suggest you adept your style a bit, it doesn't belong here.
    Thank you for that.
    ++++++++++++++++

    Now the best thing about the Pistons losing?

    SA is a former ABA team.....WE RIDE TOGETHER, BABY!!!
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  18. #18
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,069

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Quote Originally Posted by J33J
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Billups Sucks.

    Quote Originally Posted by J33J
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's funny you bring up karma. You know it's over and you don't want to say anything.
    So now the brilliant J33J thinks he can read my mind? Does anyone else here have that ability?

    I'ma firm believer in karma. Always have been. You say one thing too many, and your tongue gets chopped off. Ask certain ex-forumites about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by J33J
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Biggest Idiot in the L=Sheed
    .....i'll settle for that "idiot" anytime. He's a championship-calibur PF. And he's a vocal leader. To top it all off, he's EXCEEDINGLY unselfish, and a great teamate. More than I can say for a lot of players....

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  19. #19
    Member efx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,657

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Quote Originally Posted by J33J
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Billups Sucks. It's funny you bring up karma. You know it's over and you don't want to say anything. And I donno how smart a guy can be if he leaves the man who has been on fire WIDE OPEN to double a guy IN THE CORNER near the baseline.

    Biggest Idiot in the L=Sheed
    If Billups sucks then who is good? I'd take him any time on my team and I think anyone who knows basketball would probably agree.

  20. #20
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,069

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank you for that.
    ++++++++++++++++

    Now the best thing about the Pistons losing?

    SA is a former ABA team.....WE RIDE TOGETHER, BABY!!!
    Probably the most creative thing you've some up with, Geezer. You should make that into a tagline.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  21. #21
    canyoufeelit
    Guest

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Quote Originally Posted by efx
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Billups sucks then who is good? I'd take him any time on my team and I think anyone who knows basketball would probably agree.
    Only as a shooting guard or a 6th man. Both he and Tony Parker have a tendency to absolutely kill ball movement at the worst times

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,257

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Quote Originally Posted by J33J
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Billups Sucks. It's funny you bring up karma. You know it's over and you don't want to say anything. And I donno how smart a guy can be if he leaves the man who has been on fire WIDE OPEN to double a guy IN THE CORNER near the baseline.

    Biggest Idiot in the L=Sheed
    As much as I hate the Pistons and especially the Wallaces, I have to say that I kind of like Billups. I wish he was the Pacers point guard

    But as far as Pistons ignoramouses and their stupid belts, that's the personification of an a$$hole. It's fine to win and be proud, as long as you do it with dignity and humility, but the way ***-Weed Wallace does it just makes me sick. He is a punk.

  23. #23
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,069

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    that any different than Horry pointing into the stands and grabbing his nuts after sinking that last three?

    I like the belts because its original. Rasheed's attitude is what made us champs, and I loved the idea.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  24. #24
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,267
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Probably the most creative thing you've some up with, Geezer. You should make that into a tagline.

    Guess I'm getting old Kstat, not certain whether I should be offended by that or not.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  25. #25
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,069

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Best thing about the pistons not winning the title

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guess I'm getting old Kstat, not certain whether I should be offended by that or not.
    No, offensive would be me telling you to make it into a tagline, because in 5 minutes you'll forget you ever said it.....

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •