Thread: Pistons gave their best shot in game 5...

PacerSoul

Default Pistons gave their best shot in game 5...

Detroit can play no better than they did tonight. Detroit and San Antonio both played well but the difference is that the Pistons played above their capabilities and can not repeat the type of performance (especially offensively down the clutch) while the Spurs had a decent game but it was not their A game. They had far too many turn overs.

Saying this, the series is over in game 6 unless the Spurs just crumble and don't play San Antonio basketball.

Mark it, this series is over and no way Detroit plays that well offensively again.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pistons gave their best shot in game 5...

......you needed to start another thread about this?

Hmm...our SG had 5 turonvers, our team only had 17 assists against 11 turnovers, we got outrebounded by 3, only shot %44.......

Somehow, I think we have room for improvement.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

PacerSoul

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ......you needed to start another thread about this?

Hmm...our SG had 5 turonvers, our team only had 11 assists, we got outrebounded by 3, only shot %44.......

Somehow, I think we have room for improvement.
    44% is a pretty good offensive performance from the Pistons? You expect them to shoot 60%? THat's how they play and especially down the clutch and down the stretch, I have never seen the Pistons shoot so well. They usually rely to grind it down the stretch.

Yes, I decided to start a thread about this. We are on a basketball forum, why not? We are not here to be sensitive about your team losing.

Do you ever give credit to the Spurs for those 5 turnovers? Spurs had far too many turnovers and 44% shooting against a Spurs defense in the NBA Finals is the best the Pistons will shoot for rest of the series.

They gave their best shot and failed. Checkmate. Series over.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerSoul
    Checkmate. Series over.
    Not that I don't mind you completely taunting the basketball gods, but since when did the NBA finals become best-of-5?

And this probably belongs in the game 5 thread, but thats up to the good mods here to decide. Its %99 the same topic.

....and lets just say I give the Spurs as much credit for the turnovers as you give the Pistons for just about anything

Takes two to tango, my friend. You can't basically give the Pistons 0 credit and then turn around and demand me to credit san antonio for everything good that happened in their favor. Respect is a 2-way street.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

PacerSoul

Not that I don't mind you completely taunting the basketball gods, but since when did the NBA finals become best-of-5?

And this probably belongs in the game 5 thread, but thats up to the good mods here to decide. Its %99 the same topic.

....and lets just say I give the Spurs as much credit for the turnovers as you give the Pistons for just about anything

Takes two to tango, my friend. You can't basically give the Pistons 0 credit and then turn around and demand me to credit san antonio for everything good that happened in their favor. Its a 2-way street.
    The series is over. The last (2) games are in San Antonio. Spurs have lost 3 games all year at home. Saying that, series should end in 6. Spurs are just too dominant on their home floor.

Why does this belong in the game 5 thread? Why are you so emotional when something objective or "critical" is said about the Pistons? This is a Pacers forum. What do you expect? It is not the same topic at all. I said the Pistons gave their best shot in game 5 and the series is over. I am looking to the next game. Nice try buddy.

Checkmate. Series over.
    I am looking to the next game.

PacerSoul

Why the insulting laugh? I am looking forward to the next game to watch the Spurs win their next NBA Title and bring the title back to San Antonio. (I used to live there so if I had a 2nd favorite NBA team which I don't, it would be the Spurs)

I rooted for Detroit last year (grudgingly, I might add after such a hard-fought series). I cannot cheer against "my West team". San Antonio became my favorite team in the Western Conference when I was a young man playing Lakers v. Celtics and the NBA Playoffs on my genesis.

Anyway, I do think that Detroit will be hard-pressed to win two in a row in San Antonio. The series, however, is not OVER. If the Pistons can do it, then they truly do have the heart of a champion. If not, then they do have last year to look fondly on. (I, for one, am jealous.)
    "If I have the ball, I will shoot it, you have to believe that," - Stephen Jackson

PacerSoul

Quote Originally Posted by PHC Fan
    I rooted for Detroit last year (grudgingly, I might add after such a hard-fought series). I cannot cheer against "my West team". San Antonio became my favorite team in the Western Conference when I was a young man playing Lakers v. Celtics and the NBA Playoffs on my genesis.

Anyway, I do think that Detroit will be hard-pressed to win two in a row in San Antonio. The series, however, is not OVER. If the Pistons can do it, then they truly do have the heart of a champion. If not, then they do have last year to look fondly on. (I, for one, am jealous.)
    I rooted for Detroit against the Lakers last year because I was a Laker hater and for all those people saying how dominant the Lakers and West was...but this season, I would not root for Detroit against any team.

3ptmiller

Pistons going down!

PacerSoul

One last note to add to KSTAT,

I thought the series aint over and the Pistons could come back? Why now all this talk "if the Pistons win" and a lot of comments you made that it is very likely Spurs will win this series.

One last note to add to KSTAT,

I thought the series aint over and the Pistons could come back? Why now all this talk "if the Pistons win" and a lot of comments you made that it is very likely Spurs will win this series.
    Because only a fool speaks in absolutes.

PacerSoul

I take it that is an insult to me because I said the series is over.

And siths do that too.

I doubt Kstat is out to insult anyone who keeps it street.

Quote Originally Posted by efx
    And siths do that too.
    Yeah, those *******s stole my line.

Quote Originally Posted by efx
    I doubt Kstat is out to insult anyone who keeps it street.

Poor Kstat. It's just a right of passage for every new poster that they have to pick a fight with him. I think it's even in the updated posting rules.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Yeah, poor Kstat.

SjA3837

http://gorillamask.net/reallifevsinternet.shtml

^^Perfect example of KSTAT argueing online.