Thread: OH Sweet Lord, Horry is my hero tonight!

Default OH Sweet Lord, Horry is my hero tonight!

Damn, I love Horry. That dunk was UNFRIGGIN' believable. He is a super hero. Not to mention his ice cold threes to keep SA in the game and to win it. Amazing.

Duncan better be thanking his lucky stars tonight.

I still can't believe that dunk by Horry. I hit the floor in awe. I've never seen a dunk quite like that one. He willed that ball into the basket through mid-air.

Sweet. Simply sweet.
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: OH Sweet Lord, Horry is my hero tonight!

And to add to your (and the nation's besides Detroit) enjoyment, Rasheed Wallace made the single most boneheaded play in NBA history. There is nothing that even comes close to that. NOTHING.

He almost made two boneheaded plays in this game, but the clock bailed him out on one.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Pacers winning a championship...........................
    You misunderstood me. I meant there has NEVER been a more boneheaded play in NBA history, and there has never been anything remotely as boneheaded, as Rasheed Wallace leaving Robert Horry wide open for that 3. There was approximately a 100% chance of him making that shot.

And Deadshot is right, the clock bailed him out in regulation. And I'm trying to stay rational enough to not demand that the Pistons get him the hell out of Detroit after that. But that would be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by shags
    You misunderstood me. I meant there has NEVER been a more boneheaded play in NBA history, and there has never been anything remotely as boneheaded, as Rasheed Wallace leaving Robert Horry wide open for that 3. There was approximately a 100% chance of him making that shot.

And Deadshot is right, the clock bailed him out in regulation. And I'm trying to stay rational enough to not demand that the Pistons get him the hell out of Detroit after that. But that would be stupid.
    Someone else agrees...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/050620

(That reminds me. We're always too quick to demolish athletes who make dumb plays or screw up at the worst possible times, from Byner's fumble to C-Webb's timeout to poor Bill Buckner but at the same time, I feel like 'Sheed's brainfart will somehow get swept under the rug in the afterglow of such an electric game. Let the record show that Wallace's decision to leave a scorching-hot Horry to double-team Ginobili was the single dumbest play in the history of the NBA Finals. For sweeping significance and staggering inexplicability, it cannot be topped. I'm telling you.)

Quote Originally Posted by shags
    And to add to your (and the nation's besides Detroit) enjoyment, Rasheed Wallace made the single most boneheaded play in NBA history. There is nothing that even comes close to that. NOTHING.

Well, what about when Sheed tried to call timeout at the end of regulation when the Pistons had no timeouts left. That could have been a technical and a free throw for the Spurs to win the game.

Pistons fans should be so upset, they should demand Sheed is traded. Traded to the Pacers

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    Well, what about when Sheed tried to call timeout at the end of regulation when the Pistons had no timeouts left. That could have been a technical and a free throw for the Spurs to win the game.
    When I think about it, it is kinda hard to choose which one was worse since one could have and probably would have cost them the game and the other one did, both in heartbreaking fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCal_Pacerfan
    Damn, I love Horry. That dunk was UNFRIGGIN' believable. He is a super hero. Not to mention his ice cold threes to keep SA in the game and to win it. Amazing.

Duncan better be thanking his lucky stars tonight.

I still can't believe that dunk by Horry. I hit the floor in awe. I've never seen a dunk quite like that one. He willed that ball into the basket through mid-air.

Sweet. Simply sweet.
    do you remember that dunk he had against the Sixers in the Finals? It was virtually the exact same dunk, from the other side...

the funny thing was, he hurt his other shoulder the exact same way on that dunk...I was having deja vu when I watched him go to the rim
    Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team. -- Scottie Pippen