Thread: Horry=One of the top clutch shooters of all time...

PacerSoul

Default Horry=One of the top clutch shooters of all time...

I always said that shot against the Kings were a fluke...I take it back. Horry certainly deserves consideration for the Hall of Fame. What an amazing clutch player.

Default Re: Horry=One of the top clutch shooters of all time...

that dunk was sick for a guy in his mid 30's.

i am shocked that he only gets paid the vet. min. his 4th quarter performance tonight most likely determined the championship this year. SA does not win this game w/o horry. i think detroit can win one in SA, no way they get two.

3ptmiller

Yea.. he is a great clutch player, thats all... but HOF? Not even close! Career 7 ppg, 1 apg, 1 spg, 0.5 bpg, 4 rpg and he is a Forward/Center... sure he has Rings, but he aint got something to back him up with... just my opinion

PacerSoul

That dunk made me fall from my seat.

Horry was clutch from the f.t. line too!

foretaz

im guessing duncan gives him a nice bonus check after tonites performance.....he single handedly bailed duncan out of many nitemares for years to come....duncan is the best player in the world, but the last few minutes of regulation were not some of his most memorable moments...u almost felt sorry for the guy....

Yeah Timmy was about to scar himself for life.

PacerSoul

Quote Originally Posted by 3ptmiller
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yea.. he is a great clutch player, thats all... but HOF? Not even close! Career 7 ppg, 1 apg, 1 spg, 0.5 bpg, 4 rpg and he is a Forward/Center... sure he has Rings, but he aint got something to back him up with... just my opinion
    He does all the things that are intangible. Numbers and stats don't always win titles. Horry was helped the Lakers, Rockets, and Spurs to win multiple championship with unbelievable clutch playing.

He said in a post game interview he can hit clutch shots because he plays basketball for fun. He said most guys take it too seriously. Meaning they want it so bad they tighten up.

There's two ways you can be clutch. Horry's way, or to really be focused.

Something Duncan wasn't either of tonight.

Which brings up a question . . . I better not post it here or I'll probably derail the thread. I'll start another thread.

PacerSoul

Tim Duncan just said on the post-game interview Rob just hangs out in the game and turns it on in big games in the 4th quarter, he just elevates his game because he usually just "hangs out"

PacerSoul

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    I dont think he had any negative connotation with that statement...
    I never said it did.

All I meant by it is that the poster 3ptmiller said Horry doesn't deserve to be in Hall of Fame because of his stats but I say he should because of his continious amazing performances in clutch games.

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Yeah Timmy was about to scar himself for life.

i was having flashbacks to nick anderson

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    i was having flashbacks to nick anderson

LOL

Nick "Brick" Anderson

One of the greatest choke-jobs in NBA history.

Bricks 2 freethrows, gets fouled and has the chance to redeem himself......and BRICKS 2 more in game 1 of the 95 finals. The Magic controlled that game and let it slip away, never recovered.

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by PacerFanAdam
    LOL

Nick "Brick" Anderson

One of the greatest choke-jobs in NBA history.

Bricks 2 freethrows, gets fouled and has the chance to redeem himself......and BRICKS 2 more in game 1 of the 95 finals. The Magic controlled that game and let it slip away, never recovered.
    and he never recovered....he was a very good basketball player for quite some time...after that he was never ever the same....pretty sad story actually...

and he never recovered....he was a very good basketball player for quite some time...after that he was never ever the same....pretty sad story actually...

Extremely sad, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Anderson was a good guy. His best friend in Chicago was killed in high school. He was a basketball standout.

The freethrows are bound to still haunt him, as I'm sure the timeout still haunts Cwebb.

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by PacerFanAdam
    Extremely sad, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Anderson was a good guy. His best friend in Chicago was killed in high school. He was a basketball standout.

The freethrows are bound to still haunt him, as I'm sure the timeout still haunts Cwebb.

i just read an article about nick just within the last 2 weeks....they did haunt him....and to a certain extent still do....pretty good read....talking about how the orlando magic kinda let him out to dry after that....hed like to be a part of the organization and they havent really taken him in....i think he was the first player drafted by the magic if im not mistaken...if u do a news search on him u probably find it....

3ptmiller

Quote Originally Posted by PacerSoul
    I never said it did.

All I meant by it is that the poster 3ptmiller said Horry doesn't deserve to be in Hall of Fame because of his stats but I say he should because of his continious amazing performances in clutch games.
    I said only that he aint got nothing else to back him up with to be a HOF... the lucky robert horry is only a clutch shooter (notice the "only")... example Reggie was maybe the greatest clutch shooter in NBA History and he had many stuff to back him up with and he aint even a HOF... and u want Horry to be a HOF!?!?

I know that stats is very disrespectfull, but it actually shows very many things... proofs how good you are... what you have done... what you can do at your best...

PacerSoul

Quote Originally Posted by 3ptmiller
    I said only that he aint got nothing else to back him up with to be a HOF... the lucky robert horry is only a clutch shooter (notice the "only")... example Reggie was maybe the greatest clutch shooter in NBA History and he had many stuff to back him up with and he aint even a HOF... and u want Horry to be a HOF!?!?

I know that stats is very disrespectfull, but it actually shows very many things... proofs how good you are... what you have done... what you can do at your best...

Who says Reggie won't be a Hall of Famer? He will be a first ballot HOF'er.

Robert Horry may not be a first ballot Hallof Famer but he deserves to get in. He single handely won the game tonight and hence the Spurs NBA Championship. Without him, Lakers wouldn't have gotten past Kings.

Why is Big Shot Bob lucky? That's what he does and he always turns it on in clutch performances. He is just a clutch player and is a very valuable member for the Spurs. As Duncan said, he just doesn't try until when it really counts. He just "hangs out".

3ptmiller

Who says Reggie won't be a Hall of Famer? He will be a first ballot HOF'er.

Robert Horry may not be a first ballot Hallof Famer but he deserves to get in. He single handely won the game tonight and hence the Spurs NBA Championship. Without him, Lakers wouldn't have gotten past Kings.

Why is Big Shot Bob lucky? That's what he does and he always turns it on in clutch performances. He is just a clutch player and is a very valuable member for the Spurs. As Duncan said, he just doesn't try until when it really counts. He just "hangs out".
    Dont get me wrong, i love Robert Horry... because i love Clutch players.. What is better? Jordan scores 50 pts on you, and you got only 3 pts (the game winning shot)... which is sweeter? Clutch shots brings joy and feelings to people and people think "Damn he is so good!" even tho he could be a bad player...

What i mean by Lucky is because he is lucky to get to shoot those last second shots and in whatever team he goes to the Coach want HIM to shoot the ball.. even tho he got better players...

And yes Horry had a great game and won the game, but that was his Season High 21 pts and 5-6 3PT.. he didnt shoot that good in Years! This is where the "stats" come in.. First if you look at his stats you will see that he never shot 83% Accuracy from the 3PT Line and he have never averaged 21 pts a game... This means that he was HOT..very HOT this game...

and this is where "Lucky" comes in.. he was Lucky to be HOT that game and he was Lucky that the game was Tied and HE was gona take the shot.. Do you really think he would still be the chosen one to shoot that shot if he wasnt HOT that game? Pure Luck.. understand?

If he wasnt Lucky and was just him average self with his 30% accuracy from 3PT Line... means he would get only 7 pts at tops and from 6 3PT attempts he would hit 2 shots... understand? This means he was LUCKY.. but thats just another word for HOT i guess..

PacerSoul

3PtMiller,

As Tim Duncan says, he turns up his game in clutch situations. He elevates his game to a whole different level. That's just who he is. Robert Horry doesn't care about statistics, he just cares about getting more rings on his fingers. I think he wants one for each finger and possibly his toes too.

3ptmiller

3PtMiller,

As Tim Duncan says, he turns up his game in clutch situations. He elevates his game to a whole different level. That's just who he is. Robert Horry doesn't care about statistics, he just cares about getting more rings on his fingers. I think he wants one for each finger and possibly his toes too.
    Yea i know... but im talking about HOF, what those people look in a player.. if you look at all those players in HOF you will see the greatest players who played the game... Horry is great clutch player, but comon? That would be great tho if he becomes a HOF, then its prooved that you dont need stats to be one of the greatest... i want that to happen!

Robert Horry is a clutch player but no HOFer.

Also, Nick Anderson was pretty good up until those free throws. He used to give Reggie fits both on offense and defense.

I always said that shot against the Kings were a fluke...I take it back. Horry certainly deserves consideration for the Hall of Fame. What an amazing clutch player.
    LOL

SjA3837

He has been a big peice to many championship teams. He may not put up big numbers, but he's NEVER had to.

They go to Horry when it counts, because he's exceptionaly well under preassure.

i just read an article about nick just within the last 2 weeks....they did haunt him....and to a certain extent still do....pretty good read....talking about how the orlando magic kinda let him out to dry after that....hed like to be a part of the organization and they havent really taken him in....i think he was the first player drafted by the magic if im not mistaken...if u do a news search on him u probably find it....

You're correct, he was the first player ever selected by the Magic, in 1989 I believe.

Did he mess up by missing those 4 freethrows? Obviously, yes. But that was just one game. If Orlando was capable of beating Houston in that series, Shaq and Penny would have found a way to lead the team to a couple of victories.