Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Not that anyone cares, but I think the Pacers should do this...

  1. #1

    Default Not that anyone cares, but I think the Pacers should do this...

    The pacers are good, don't get me wrong, but I don't think they could win a championship with Austin Croshere and James Jones being key bench players. So here's is what I think they should do:

    Trade JO - Iknow I'm going ot get alot of grief for this, but JO is NOT a leader. As someone else said, Garnett would be a lot better, of course

    Attain a better PG - Tinsley will win you games, but when it's all on the line he reverts to his NY roots, and maybe that'll not be a problem next year.

    Get rid of players who don't contribute - I do'nt see why we keep players like Croshere and Bender around (granted I think Bender could still show us something).

    That's pretty much it, keep the core, Ron. Ron is our heart and soul, if we could somhow get KG we'd be tuff ...although we'd be up to our eye balls in head cases...KG, RA, Jax...oh my, that'd be crazy. I personally don't see the LA deal going through, I mean, getting Slava and George doesn't really help unless Bird and Walsh are planning on throwing the season??
    btw I was thinking to myself and thought how awesome the Suns would be to watch if they had Bender... just thinking...

  2. #2
    Member OnlyPacersLeft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    94
    Posts
    3,098

    Default Re: Not that anyone cares, but I think the Pacers should do this...

    your right. We don't care.
    lol jk
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

  3. #3

    Default Re: Not that anyone cares, but I think the Pacers should do this...

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersandIU
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Trade JO - Iknow I'm going ot get alot of grief for this, but JO is NOT a leader. As someone else said, Garnett would be a lot better, of course
    Can we give the guy a chance before we say he isn't a leader? He punched some Piston fans, ok, not very smart. However, overall JO is a good guy. I think the motivation for saying he isn't a leader is because of this year's playoffs, he was hurt, he battled.

    Attain a better PG - Tinsley will win you games, but when it's all on the line he reverts to his NY roots, and maybe that'll not be a problem next year.
    Again the playoffs...

    Get rid of players who don't contribute - I do'nt see why we keep players like Croshere and Bender around (granted I think Bender could still show us something).
    At least Croshere makes the effort to contribute. Unlike JB, Cro still plays through the pain, he doesn't rely on his injuries as a crutch. Give Austin some credit .

    btw I was thinking to myself and thought how awesome the Suns would be to watch if they had Bender.
    Yeah, with Bender, the Suns could just forget about that Damn Marion or Amare, JB would have put them over the edge.
    Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible.

    Do Not Trade Austin

    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Veteran Austin Croshere, the longest-tenured Pacers player on the roster, has proven reliable when called upon, invariably ready to step in regardless of the circumstance.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Not that anyone cares, but I think the Pacers should do this...

    It wasn't because of the playoffs...I probably should have said something more along the lines of, He doesn't make his teammates better. I think KG does so that. Also, if JO knew he wasn't playing well hurt, he should have stepped up on D or find other ways of helping the team, JO shot (around) 30% in the playoffs that's not finding ways to help the team..ntm he whines too much..
    Maybe with Tins it's just that he didn't seem to make good decisions, that's why I said it might change.
    I don't mind Croshere, but when he hasn't hit a three in upteen games and jacks up 5 in a crucial game it frustates me...
    Notice I said, "to watch..."

  5. #5

    Default Re: Not that anyone cares, but I think the Pacers should do this...

    I understand what you are saying about JO not being a leader. I think of a leader as someone who doesn't get frustrated easily for example. To me it seems JO can get frustrated pretty easily. He also takes bad shots sometimes, I think there are to many times when he settles for the mid-range shots when he should be down low, he doesn't always play to his strength. He is one of the few true big men along with Shaq and Tim Duncan, most of the other good big men are finesse. So I would like to see him take it inside more.

    The main problem as far as trading Jermaine is that no one who is better is avaliable. Unless Kevin Garnett demands a trade JO is staying right here in Indiana.

    Also, a part of me would like to see a diffrent point guard here. I've growen found of the ability to shoot and I just would like to see a PG whos strength is to shoot, and someone who resembles what basketball in Indiana is all about, good shooting, tough defense, team player. Tinsley is a NY city baller. I understand though that trading Tinsley may or may not be best for the team and this is just simply my preferance.

  6. #6
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,066

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Not that anyone cares, but I think the Pacers should do this...

    Quote Originally Posted by rommie
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also, a part of me would like to see a diffrent point guard here. I've growen found of the ability to shoot and I just would like to see a PG whos strength is to shoot, and someone who resembles what basketball in Indiana is all about, good shooting, tough defense, team player. Tinsley is a NY city baller. I understand though that trading Tinsley may or may not be best for the team and this is just simply my preferance.
    Meaning.....you weren't fond of Mark Jackson either?

    BTW, you do realize Artest is a "NY city baller" too.....

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  7. #7

    Default Re: Not that anyone cares, but I think the Pacers should do this...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Meaning.....you weren't fond of Mark Jackson either?

    BTW, you do realize Artest is a "NY city baller" too.....
    I have only saw Mark in his days in Utah or Chicago, i've only started to follow basketball for a few years now.

    As for Artest, I realize that I sound dumb now when saying tough defense. But I can't say I think of Tinsley as a tough defender. And again, it may or may not be best for the team to get someone like I am describing, it is just what I would like to see from a fan standpoint.

  8. #8
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,577

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Not that anyone cares, but I think the Pacers should do this...

    I'm getting sick of all these trade JO threads. Why? Why trade him? He has something called HEART, he was out there in the playoffs with one arm basically. Something the great Jonathan Bender would not do.

    Before you say the JO isn't a leader. He can BECOME one, lead by example. JO is a class act and is a great player.

    And, he gets better almost every year. But lets trade him and keep Bender....
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  9. #9

    Default Re: Not that anyone cares, but I think the Pacers should do this...

    Quote Originally Posted by pacerfan2425
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm getting sick of all these trade JO threads. Why? Why trade him? He has something called HEART, he was out there in the playoffs with one arm basically. Something the great Jonathan Bender would not do.

    Before you say the JO isn't a leader. He can BECOME one, lead by example. JO is a class act and is a great player.

    And, he gets better almost every year. But lets trade him and keep Bender....

    AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible.

    Do Not Trade Austin

    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Veteran Austin Croshere, the longest-tenured Pacers player on the roster, has proven reliable when called upon, invariably ready to step in regardless of the circumstance.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Not that anyone cares, but I think the Pacers should do this...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Meaning.....you weren't fond of Mark Jackson either?
    That's the one thing I never get. Jamaal Tinsley is Mark Jackson in about 8-10 years. They're so very similar to me right now, except for the injuries. Hell, Tinsley will probably have the wide ***, too, in about six years.

    So when people criticize Jamaal for his play (read: not health), I just have to wonder what the hell they thought Jax was.

  11. #11
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: Not that anyone cares, but I think the Pacers should do this...

    Quote Originally Posted by pacerfan2425
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm getting sick of all these trade JO threads. Why? Why trade him? He has something called HEART, he was out there in the playoffs with one arm basically. Something the great Jonathan Bender would not do.

    Before you say the JO isn't a leader. He can BECOME one, lead by example. JO is a class act and is a great player.

    And, he gets better almost every year. But lets trade him and keep Bender....
    well, i can speak as to why ive started a thread pertaining to jo....

    i like jo...i think hes a true star....and agree he will definitely become the leader that many question him about right now....

    hes also the biggest asset of this team....and IF he and ron cannot get along in any fashion....then something has to be done...i would certainly want to exhaust all possibilities however....and i dont think they have yet

    but, if it comes to that....then u have to look at it this way....rons trade value would appear to be in the tank....plus ron only makes 6 million a year-a relative bargain for what he brings....

    so the only thing i would want to consider is a trade for kg....and thats all ive talked about....and as much as i love jo, i would definitely do a trade for kg if it appears to make the team better.....quite frankly the thoughts of kg in carlisles system plus kg and artest alongside one another make me almost giddy.....

    do u trade jo just to trade him??? hell no....do u trade him if u can make ur team better? u have to consider it....and in my mind only two players would even be worth considering...kg and duncan....and duncan aint going anywhere....kg has been rumored at times of late....though i dont buy it....

    but thats where some of the conversation comes from i bleive...

  12. #12

    Default Re: Not that anyone cares, but I think the Pacers should do this...

    Anybody that thinks we need to trade JO needs to go back a year when we won 61 games and then realize that we had 2 injured quality players JO,Tins. This year was a fluke and major changes are not necessary unless you want to go backwards. Give me a healthy team and one that is not beset with a lunatic fringe and I will give you a serious shot at a championship. Keep what we got and sign #17 pick and we should be good to go. Garcia anyone.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

  13. #13
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,049

    Default Re: Not that anyone cares, but I think the Pacers should do this...

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersandIU
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Trade JO - Iknow I'm going ot get alot of grief for this, but JO is NOT a leader. As someone else said, Garnett would be a lot better, of course
    You want to trade JO because he's not a leader? Even if true, "So what?"

    You don't trade players because they are not leaders, you trade players for other reasons.

    As for Garrett, yeah he's a better player, but he's never lead Minnesota anywhere, so saying he's a lot better leader is just ridiculous! It's unfounded and uncalled for!

    What kind of leader hits people when they beat him on a play?

    No, just because Garrett is a better player does not make him a better leader!

  14. #14
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: Not that anyone cares, but I think the Pacers should do this...

    i dont believe garnett is way better than jo...i believe hes marginally better...but it depends on ur perspective too...kg is a bit differnt player...he has more of a perimter game than jo does and is a better passer...jo is much more of a low post player...jo is much better suited to play the center position , if need be, that kg is...

    now all that being said....lets not get ahead of ourselves....

    if minnesota suddenly wants to get rid of garnett...its one thing...i dont thinnk they do....if we suddenly have to get rid of either ron or jo then i think u have to look at it....

    if minny wouldve hired carlesimo then who knows....but they didnt...so odds are very low that kg is leaving minny for any reason....

    but if either were to be traded...the other is one of the few players a trade could be discussed for.....that would be somewhat equitable...

  15. #15
    reggieonly
    Guest

    Default Re: Not that anyone cares, but I think the Pacers should do this...

    Quote Originally Posted by pacerfan2425
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm getting sick of all these trade JO threads. Why? Why trade him? He has something called HEART, he was out there in the playoffs with one arm basically. Something the great Jonathan Bender would not do.

    Before you say the JO isn't a leader. He can BECOME one, lead by example. JO is a class act and is a great player.

    And, he gets better almost every year. But lets trade him and keep Bender....
    GOOD CALL

  16. #16
    Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,889
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Not that anyone cares, but I think the Pacers should do this...

    If J.O. doesn't bring his A+ game this next year , mark him traded.

    You heard it here first

    But seriously J.O is paid a leaders salary if he can't get the job done , let's get someone who can. Yes we did win 61 games but how far did we get ? Did we get a championship with those 61 wins ? which was what the best record in the league that year ? Facts are facts , we can win 61 games every year for the next 10 years but if we don't win a championship it all seems pretty worthless to me. I dunno if J.O will ever be a leader in this league or he will be one of those guys that people say yeah he's good but he's not GREAT !!!! That was Reggie's whole problem , he was a great player but not the kinda guy that could get his team over the hump to a championship.

    I honestly believe that Larry is giving this team 1 more year to perform or he will blow up the team and start over.

  17. #17
    PacersFan43
    Guest

    Default Re: Not that anyone cares, but I think the Pacers should do this...

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersandIU
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I personally don't see the LA deal going through, I mean, getting Slava and George doesn't really help unless Bird and Walsh are planning on throwing the season??
    To tell you the truth- the deal has been done for quite some time. Pacers aren't doing this to throw the season next year there trying to un-load benders contract and they think the expireing contracts can become handy.

    It's a equal trade for both teams to tell you the truth.

  18. #18
    PacerSoul
    Guest

    Default Re: Not that anyone cares, but I think the Pacers should do this...

    Wow this thread made me head hurt.

    People, realize J.O. played with one arm in the post season. He was a true warrior as Ron Artest would say.

    We don't need to get rid of Tinsley, he is a great point guard already and can be an Elite point guard (top 3) by the end of next season.

    I am up for all the trade talk that makes sense, but some of the ones I have heard have really been nonsense.

  19. #19
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,753

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Not that anyone cares, but I think the Pacers should do this...

    Quote Originally Posted by rommie
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have only saw Mark in his days in Utah or Chicago, i've only started to follow basketball for a few years now.

    As for Artest, I realize that I sound dumb now when saying tough defense. But I can't say I think of Tinsley as a tough defender. And again, it may or may not be best for the team to get someone like I am describing, it is just what I would like to see from a fan standpoint.

    When was Mark Jackson ever in Chicago?

  20. #20

    Default Re: Not that anyone cares, but I think the Pacers should do this...

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerFanAdam
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When was Mark Jackson ever in Chicago?
    I meant Houston.

  21. #21
    Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,889
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Not that anyone cares, but I think the Pacers should do this...

    Well if you people moaning about all these trade talk threads are annoyed now , it's going to get worse as the summer drags on. Big reason why I take the summer off from here is because there is going to be so many wild trade threads it will make you want to puke. Seriously think about all the Ron Atrest trade threads last year and I am sure it will be a heavy topic here again this year. I honestly wish next month was October

  22. #22
    PacerSoul
    Guest

    Default Re: Not that anyone cares, but I think the Pacers should do this...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSauceMaster
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well if you people moaning about all these trade talk threads are annoyed now , it's going to get worse as the summer drags on. Big reason why I take the summer off from here is because there is going to be so many wild trade threads it will make you want to puke. Seriously think about all the Ron Atrest trade threads last year and I am sure it will be a heavy topic here again this year. I honestly wish next month was October
    Who is that in your avatar?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •