Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 461

Thread: Pacers sign big free agent Darren Collison for 2/20

  1. #101
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,923

    Default Re: Pacers sign big free agent Darren Collison for 2/20

    Not a big DC fan. Bad court vision. Mediocre to bad defender.

    But he'd be okay coming off the bench. We need a scorer off the bench. He can score. And he can create his own shot. I don't love it, but I don't totally hate it if he's in the second unit.
    "Look, it's up to me to put a team around ... Lance right now." —Kevin Pritchard press conference


  2. #102
    Member Grimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,769

    Default Re: Pacers sign big free agent Darren Collison for 2/20

    Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Welcome back DC. He's a solid point guard who will be able to play good basketball off the bench and in spot duty in case of injury. The money isn't bad for a player like him.

    Lance is our starting point guard IMO until I see a no brainer move that proves he isn't. Adding DC changes nothing except the fact that we may have gotten lucky enough to dump Monta on someone.

    Wouldn't be surprised if Monta got traded to the Knicks or Lakers. Teams trying to land Derrick Rose or George Hill are gonna come up short and go looking for cheap stop gappers.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:


  4. #103
    Member jrwannabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    1,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign big free agent Darren Collison for 2/20

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadshot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also on the Pacers radar right now:

    Britton Johnsen
    Luther Head
    Magnum Rolle
    Rawle Marshall
    Loved Rawle. Too bad he couldn't put the pot down.

  5. #104
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,652

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign big free agent Darren Collison for 2/20

    Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Welcome back DC. He's a solid point guard who will be able to play good basketball off the bench and in spot duty in case of injury. The money isn't bad for a player like him.

    Lance is our starting point guard IMO until I see a no brainer move that proves he isn't. Adding DC changes nothing except the fact that we may have gotten lucky enough to dump Monta on someone.
    I think DC starts over Lance.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  7. #105
    Member Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    26,877

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign big free agent Darren Collison for 2/20

    Quote Originally Posted by iogyhufi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, if this means Monta's on the way out, I'll be much happier. Free up the young guys this year and see what we have. I trust DC to take a back seat more than I trust Monta to do so.
    If we don't trade Monta then I have no idea what we're doing.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Empty vessels make the most noise.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  9. #106
    Long time fan diamonddave00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Castle de Verde (Greencastle)
    Posts
    1,903
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign big free agent Darren Collison for 2/20

    Prob with getting Corey Joseph is he has an opt out on his 2nd year and the Raptors wanted a 1st rounder for him

  10. #107

    Default Re: Pacers sign big free agent Darren Collison for 2/20

    20th pick for Thad might be Larry's worst trade he made here. That trade did not work out at all. Now we're trying to deal him. What a great deal by Brooklyn.

    DC @ $10 million is a good deal. He's going to contribute & give you $10 million worth of play. Unlike Monta & Jefferson...those guys got $10 million a year & give you nothing. DC will at least live up to his deal...and probably end up being underpaid tbh.

    Link: DC's 26 pts @ Hickory Pacers back in January
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TLN_imygCEU

  11. #108
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,810

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign big free agent Darren Collison for 2/20

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think DC starts over Lance.
    Then we're certainly screwed and are heading for the full blown tank like most of PD is wishing for.

  12. #109
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,652

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign big free agent Darren Collison for 2/20

    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...indiana-pacers

    From Woj's story:

    In the aftermath of the Paul George trade to the Oklahoma City Thunder, Collison represents a dependable, stopgap point guard as the organization transitions to a youth movement, centered upon new center Myles Turner, Glenn Robinson Jr., and new Pacers Victor Oladipo and Domantas Sabonis.

    The Pacers are still pondering whether veteran point guard Monta Ellis will be a part of next season's team, league sources said.

  13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  14. #110

    Default Re: Pacers sign big free agent Darren Collison for 2/20

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    DC doesn't really fit that but I guess that he can be a good veteran influence to have in the locker room.
    Again I think about KP's review of his team in Portland and the need for mentors to teach the young up-and-comers "how to win." DC may be better than Cory Joseph for that role. Unless Dip got AlJeff to join him in his summer six-pack workouts, I wouldn't be surprised to see us sign one more sage veteran.


    "I think if he is and we pass on Leaf we'd be some dumb mother ****ers."

    - Larry Bird to Kevin Pritchard before their pick on Draft Day

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to DrFife For This Useful Post:


  16. #111

    Default Re: Pacers sign big free agent Darren Collison for 2/20

    I'm nowhere near a KP believer yet but I'll inch closer if he can find a way to trade Monta.

  17. #112
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,652

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign big free agent Darren Collison for 2/20

    Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then we're certainly screwed and are heading for the full blown tank like most of PD is wishing for.
    Why? I know Lance is a folk hero around here, but playing him starter minutes and putting the ball in his hands is a better tanking recipe than solid, steady DC.

  18. #113
    Member Slick Pinkham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    53
    Posts
    10,510
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers sign big free agent Darren Collison for 2/20

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This team is starting to lose me. It really is. I already didnt think their was any hope of competing in the NBA, but then this signing? I just cant do this.
    Just wait for the Tyler Hansbrough acquisition!
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!).

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  20. #114
    Member crunk-juice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Purdue
    Posts
    1,690
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign big free agent Darren Collison for 2/20

    Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    20th pick for Thad might be Larry's worst trade he made here. That trade did not work out at all. Now we're trying to deal him. What a great deal by Brooklyn.

    DC @ $10 million is a good deal. He's going to contribute & give you $10 million worth of play. Unlike Monta & Jefferson...those guys got $10 million a year & give you nothing. DC will at least live up to his deal...and probably end up being underpaid tbh.

    Link: DC's 26 pts @ Hickory Pacers back in January
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TLN_imygCEU
    There was nothing wrong with that trade and there's nothing wrong with Thad. The only reason to trade him now is because we clearly need to start building for the future. That wasn't the idea a year ago.

  21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to crunk-juice For This Useful Post:


  22. #115
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,810

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign big free agent Darren Collison for 2/20

    Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    20th pick for Thad might be Larry's worst trade he made here. That trade did not work out at all. Now we're trying to deal him. What a great deal by Brooklyn.

    DC @ $10 million is a good deal. He's going to contribute & give you $10 million worth of play. Unlike Monta & Jefferson...those guys got $10 million a year & give you nothing. DC will at least live up to his deal...and probably end up being underpaid tbh.

    Link: DC's 26 pts @ Hickory Pacers back in January
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TLN_imygCEU
    Stop it. You wouldn't be able to name the 20th pick of I gave you 5 tries without Google. Thad is a good role player and getting him was far from Larry's worst move.

  23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LA_Confidential For This Useful Post:


  24. #116

    Default Re: Pacers sign big free agent Darren Collison for 2/20

    Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Prob with getting Corey Joseph is he has an opt out on his 2nd year and the Raptors wanted a 1st rounder for him
    If the options were sign DC for 1 year + 1 unguaranteed year OR trade a first rounder for Corey Joseph, I'll pick DC any day of the week. Neither player figures into our long term plans, but DC didnt' cost us anything

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to SkipperZ For This Useful Post:


  26. #117
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35,161

    Default Re: Pacers sign big free agent Darren Collison for 2/20

    Glad is for one year so next year with the money saved they can get another one year point guard.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  27. #118
    Member Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    26,877

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign big free agent Darren Collison for 2/20

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think DC starts over Lance.
    Personally, I don't really care about who starts. I care about who gets more minutes. If the plan is to build for the future then we should give more minutes to the younger players. Of course, that's just my opinion. The FO and the coaching staff could very well disagree.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Empty vessels make the most noise.

  28. #119
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    10,285

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign big free agent Darren Collison for 2/20

    Not who I had in mind when I said its good to bring in a vet or two. Could be worse though. Will most likely be our starter this year. Hopefully we find a replacement by the following season.

  29. #120
    Member Grimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,769

    Default Re: Pacers sign big free agent Darren Collison for 2/20

    Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Prob with getting Corey Joseph is he has an opt out on his 2nd year and the Raptors wanted a 1st rounder for him
    While also wanting us to take on Demarre (often injured) Carroll in the process. This kind of retardism might be why the East is the weaker conference. Too many dumb GM's and owners.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:


  31. #121
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,810

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign big free agent Darren Collison for 2/20

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why? I know Lance is a folk hero around here, but playing him starter minutes and putting the ball in his hands is a better tanking recipe than solid, steady DC.
    I disagree. I think Lance and VO is a really good starting combo. Especially on defense.

  32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LA_Confidential For This Useful Post:


  33. #122
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35,161

    Default Re: Pacers sign big free agent Darren Collison for 2/20

    Quote Originally Posted by crunk-juice View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There was nothing wrong with that trade and there's nothing wrong with Thad. The only reason to trade him now is because we clearly need to start building for the future. That wasn't the idea a year ago.
    Pacers are not building for the future, DC is not the future, I don't even know what they doing.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:


  35. #123
    Member Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    26,877

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign big free agent Darren Collison for 2/20

    Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Again I think about KP's review of his team in Portland and the need for mentors to teach the young up-and-comers "how to win." DC may be better than Cory Joseph for that role. Unless Dip got AlJeff to join him in his summer six-pack workouts, I wouldn't be surprised to see us sign one more sage veteran.
    I'm fine with having mentors as long as they're on the cheap like DC is. I'd also like it if they didn't get a ton of minutes but we'll see how the minutes will be allocated when the season starts.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Empty vessels make the most noise.

  36. #124
    Member Grimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,769

    Default Re: Pacers sign big free agent Darren Collison for 2/20

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not who I had in mind when I said its good to bring in a vet or two. Could be worse though. Will most likely be our starter this year. Hopefully we find a replacement by the following season.
    I doubt he's a starter for the same reason Lance won't start. Both are expiring contracts going into next season. Our future point guard will be a long term answer. That could always be Oladipo. If you watched some of his OKC highlights you'll see he handled the PG duties quite well while Russ was on the bench. A Lance/Collison bench backcourt means we're gonna push the ball in the open court. Shooters would be Sabonis, GR3, and maybe someone at backup PF. We don't even know if Sabonis will be a bench player or 3rd stringer. OKC used him as a starter but doesn't mean we will.

  37. #125
    Member Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    26,877

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers sign big free agent Darren Collison for 2/20

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pacers are not building for the future, DC is not the future, I don't even know what they doing.
    No one's saying that DC is the future. It's just 20 million. That's bench player money under the current CBA.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Empty vessels make the most noise.

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •