Thread: With regards to the proposed Bender deal...

foretaz

Default With regards to the proposed Bender deal...

am i the only one that cant help but wonder if this is not the whole deal, just part of the deal????

that maybe it has to do with bender and artest for odom???

hell, maybe thats why bird says artest isnt available....cause hes already on his way to LA....

and i think ive stated before that LA is only one of 2 teams i could really see him going to....

he would seem to be a pretty good fit for phil.....artest and kobe would look eerily similar to pippen and jordan....and yes, im aware of phils comments regarding odom....

yet i just cant help but wonder..... would it not make a bit more sense in some ways?....to think that bender, our 17th pick, and some of the mentioned lakers are only part of the deal....with the two main players-odom and artest conveniently left out....a great smokescreen....

PacerNthaDesert

Default Re: With regards to the proposed Bender deal...

I just pray Jamaal isn't involved in the deal, or Artest.

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    am i the only one that cant help but wonder if this is not the whole deal, just part of the deal????

that maybe it has to do with bender and artest for odom???

hell, maybe thats why bird says artest isnt available....cause hes already on his way to LA....

and i think ive stated before that LA is only one of 2 teams i could really see him going to....

he would seem to be a pretty good fit for phil.....artest and kobe would look eerily similar to pippen and jordan....and yes, im aware of phils comments regarding odom....

yet i just cant help but wonder..... would it not make a bit more sense in some ways?....to think that bender, our 17th pick, and some of the mentioned lakers are only part of the deal....with the two main players-odom and artest conveniently left out....a great smokescreen....

These Bender trade rumors predate Phil's hiring so Artest being a good fit for Phil wouldn't have been part of the equation. That's not the case now though and Phil would have some influence on trades.

However, Bird hates the Laker's, he's said so many times, consequently the last team he would help would be the Laker's. Hence, I don't think there's any way he sends Artest to LA.

There may be other players involved but I firmly think Artest would not be one of them!

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    These Bender trade rumors predate Phil's hiring so Artest being a good fit for Phil wouldn't have been part of the equation. That's not the case now though and Phil would have some influence on trades.

However, Bird hates the Laker's, he's said so many times, consequently the last team he would help would be the Laker's. Hence, I don't think there's any way he sends Artest to LA.

There may be other players involved but I firmly think Artest would not be one of them!
    true...but for the most part they had a pretty good idea who there next coach was gonna be....and with phils girlfriend being management with the lakers its not like they wouldnt have been able to communicate on things if they so desired....

what would be really sweet is this....the lakers have said they are clearing caproom for 2 years from now.....hence benders contract is of use...big chunk coming off 2 years from now and they dont have to resign the guys theyd be trading to long term deals that go past that....

well....guess who elses contract expires in 2 years???? thats right austin croshere....can u say mega capspace available in 2 years lol...
    we can dream cant we??? odom has a long term deal....work out some kinda trade for odom and the other fodder that has been discussed for bender....plus they get our pick...in 2 years the lakers have basically kobe and nobody else, then they can go after stoudamire or whoever else they choose that might be available...and theyd owe it all to us....

meanwhile, larry gets his revenge on the lakers by getting them to take austin and benders contracts....then who cares as much if bender becomes a star....at least they took austins deal...

of course im not really sure what we do with odom...maybe trade him to the knicks....they seem to have the market cornered on overpaid guys making the max...... just the thought of getting austin back home to so. cal is so sweet...especially if it means we get rid of his contract

yes...i do realize theres no chance of this happening....but god it feels good to just have the thought....

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    am i the only one that cant help but wonder if this is not the whole deal,
    For us Taz probably so. For Bender maybe not? The Bendmeister stay in LA maybe rather short as his plane is diverted south. Rumor has it New Orleans could be seing a new 7 footer in town. Has more to do with local flavor and giving back to the community than basketball. Of course this is just a rumor like everything else out there but I did hear this from a person rather than reading it on the net. Which means it's just as likely to be BS.

I have concerns on if Rick could coach Odom effectively, on or off the court.

That said, I still think Donnie loves the guy and would love to have him.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

PacerSoul

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    I have concerns on if Rick could coach Odom effectively, on or off the court.

That said, I still think Donnie loves the guy and would love to have him.
    Having Odom would sure make Ron happy. Odom is one of his best friends off the Pacer team and Odom stuck up for Ron after the brawl. Maybe it would be something that could help benefit Ron if we got Odom.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerSoul
    Having Odom would sure make Ron happy. Odom is one of his best friends off the Pacer team and Odom stuck up for Ron after the brawl. Maybe it would be something that could help benefit Ron if we got Odom.
    I take it you missed the part where we would be trading Ron for Odom.

PacerSoul

I take it you missed the part where we would be trading Ron for Odom.
    That part wouldn't happen. Donnie and Larry are not idiots to trade a potential MVP player that can help us win a ring.

Now, we could trade Bender, Fred Jones, and #17 pick for Lamar Odom.

That part wouldn't happen. Donnie and Larry are not idiots to trade a potential MVP player that can help us win a ring.

Now, we could trade Bender, Fred Jones, and #17 pick for Lamar Odom.
    Yes, because the Lakers would surely make that deal.

PacerSoul

Yes, because the Lakers would surely make that deal.

Why not?

Bender, F. Jones, Pollard, and #17 pick for Odom and Slavo.

Good trade for both teams. Lakers get the player Kobe needs in Bender. The Lakers get a potential star on their hands in Bender while Odom doesn't fit in their offensive scheme.

They get Fred Jones a solid player who can be a starter (he is better than Devean George)

They also get a solid big-man center which is rare in this league along with the #17 pick. Good trade for both teams.

Can someone check this trade on RealGM? Would it go through?

The best player we give up is Fred and the best they give up is Odom and you say "Good trade for both teams"?

Pacers aren't going to get anything out of this other than cap space and two marginal players. Oh at least we get that wonderful 2nd rounder.

I suspect LA will take a shot at getting Magloire by using Bender in part of the deal. This is only a guess on my part because the person I've talked to is not a basketball fan but aware of 5.1.

With most of these guys alot of good things they do will not make the papers. Seems Johnny B. has a good reputation in supporting a college (kinda of funny since he never went) and would fit in with creating a positive image for a pro team that plays in the same town. I guess sometimes talent is not the only thing an owner looks at. Though I suspect with Shinn it's not just because he loves a community.

I really don't think Odom would be a good fit here. If he could defend SF's, though, he'd be great. He's one heck of a passer, and we need more of those.

I don't think he's quick enough to hang with most SF's, is he?
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Why not?

Lakers get the player Kobe needs in Bender.
    A guy who never plays?

I thought LA wanted Yao Ming in like 2 years or something. That's why they wanted Bender. IF thats the case the Croshere thing may not be so far fetched. I think LA knows they have a dismal chance of doing anything next year. I could see them tanking and trying to rebuild. Thats why they need to do realistically. And if Crosh could start he might actually contribute. But I doubt it, were gonna be stuck with bend or crosh. Next season w/o both of them if wayyyy too good to be true.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I could see them tanking and trying to rebuild.
    It will be a cold day in hell before Kobe allows that team to tank.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Please NO!!!

I do NOT want Odom on this team.