Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pacers Training Staff Revamped...

Default Re: Pacers Training Staff Revamped...

Points I have no argument with:

The Pacers have been a mess of injuries the past few years.

Change for the sake of change is not always bad and can be downright positive in getting a new look/new angle/new mindset etc.

What do the Pacers have to lose?
    -

As long as you make a good hire then what's to argue? "Loyal to a fault" hasn't won chit so I am all for a different mindset and an aggressive front office posture.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't believe people actually get angry over this.
    My mother, who rarely makes a comment about stuff like this, says she thinks what happened to David Craig is age discrimination.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

We should take a good luck at the Suns training staff and study there habits before and after training and matches. There system is pretty new and not without pain for the players, but damn it really seems to have payed of for them, just a year after their season was FULL of injuries aswell.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually, as I recall, pretty much all of this forum did.

Hold your horses there. The Pistons not being injured this year is because the players kept themselves in good shape. I disagree that it has a lot to do with athletic trainers, so much so that we can argue as to whose training staff is better.

I guess Mike Abdenour was not looking when Grant Hill was playing on a bad ankle. It is the players who make the decisons and the training staff just aids them.

I give credit to the Pistons players for keeping themselves in shape through a gruelling season but to use that and prove a point that the Piston's staff is better than the Pacers or Knicks staff is not correct.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

IIRC, I was greatly chastized by one particular poster on here for being the first to question the Training staff for what seemed to be a mess of mis-diagnosis or slow to respond problems. I feel vindicated now, but I feel for Davey becasue it APPEARS he's being held accountable when it may or may not be his responsibility. But just like a coach...they're the first to go when things go sour. I know the players go to their respect homes and work out or they go to that training facility in Florida, but I wonder if the Pacer's wouldn't much rather they stayed here to train so they can keep a check on their methods and conditioning.
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..