Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: J Oneal Trade....

  1. #1
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default J Oneal Trade....

    pacers receive:
    KG (from minny)
    Weatherspoon (from houston)
    M. Norris (from houston)
    V. Baker (from houston)

    pacers trade:
    JO (to minny)
    Pollard (to minny)
    Johnson (to houston)
    Croshere (to houston)

    David Wesley goes from houston to minnesota

    latrell spreewell goes from minnesota (S&T) to houston

  2. #2
    Jesus Shuttlesworth
    Guest

    Default Re: J Oneal Trade....

    Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    pacers receive:
    KG (from minny)
    Weatherspoon (from houston)
    M. Norris (from houston)
    V. Baker (from houston)

    pacers trade:
    JO (to minny)
    Pollard (to minny)
    Johnson (to houston)
    Croshere (to houston)

    David Wesley goes from houston to minnesota

    latrell spreewell goes from minnesota (S&T) to houston
    NO NO NO NO NO

  3. #3
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    26,371

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: J Oneal Trade....

    I don't understand why Minnesota or Houston does this.

    2013 Pacers Digest NBA 2K13 Champion (Xbox 360)

  4. #4
    Jesus Shuttlesworth
    Guest

    Default Re: J Oneal Trade....

    or why Indiana would do this

  5. #5
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    26,371

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: J Oneal Trade....

    ....KG and junk for JO and junk?

    That would be highway robbery. Donnie would get his own statue.

    KG's passing ability would fit so much better in Rick's offense, I don't know where to begin. Nevermind the fact you get better overall production for roughly the same price.

    I like JO as much as the next guy, but KG is KG.

    2013 Pacers Digest NBA 2K13 Champion (Xbox 360)

  6. #6
    Member Isaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,140

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: J Oneal Trade....

    It would never happen, but yeah I'd do it. Any time we have the opportunity to get the best player in the NBA without giving up Ron, Id love it. Look at what our lineup would look like!!! (Including that Laker trade)

    PG- JTins
    SG- SJax
    SF- Artest
    PF- Garnett
    C- Dale
    6.) Freddy
    7.) Moochie
    8.) Weatherspoon
    9.) JJ
    10.) Deavan George
    11.) Slava
    12.) Baker

  7. #7
    Jesus Shuttlesworth
    Guest

    Default Re: J Oneal Trade....

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyPacers67
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It would never happen, but yeah I'd do it. Any time we have the opportunity to get the best player in the NBA without giving up Ron, Id love it. Look at what our lineup would look like!!! (Including that Laker trade)

    PG- JTins
    SG- SJax
    SF- Artest
    PF- Garnett
    C- Dale
    6.) Freddy
    7.) Moochie
    8.) Weatherspoon
    9.) JJ
    10.) Deavan George
    11.) Slava
    12.) Baker
    We'd be like the Pistons with all those losers on our bench. Plus no trade is worth having to have Vin Baker on your team.

  8. #8
    Member Isaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,140

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: J Oneal Trade....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Shuttlesworth
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We'd be like the Pistons with all those losers on our bench. Plus no trade is worth having to have Vin Baker on your team.
    Oh ****!! I forgot to include Foster in our bench!!! And David Harrison!!! We could just wave Baker and Slava!

    How could you not want to do this trade, even though I know its total BS.

    And um... Whats wrong with being like the Pistons? Last time I checked they are 2 wins away from being back to back champs.

  9. #9
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,563

    Default Re: J Oneal Trade....

    Yeah, I'd actually decline the trade until they took Vin Baker out of the deal.

    Actually, On second thought..we could always Package Slava and Vin and trade them to the Hornets for Magloire or the Hawks for Harrington. Yes, I was being sarcastic.

  10. #10
    Jesus Shuttlesworth
    Guest

    Default Re: J Oneal Trade....

    Quote Originally Posted by Moses
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, I'd actually decline the trade until they took Vin Baker out of the deal.

    Actually, On second thought..we could always Package Slava and Vin and trade them to the Hornets for Magloire or the Hawks for Harrington. Yes, I was being sarcastic.
    Hey Moses, I've noticed me and you both have biblical names.....

  11. #11
    Member Isaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,140

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: J Oneal Trade....

    This thread is in the sh*tter

  12. #12
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    26,371

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: J Oneal Trade....

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyPacers67
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This thread is in the sh*tter
    more or less.

    It was an unrealistic deal to begin with, but I have to give credit....it takes creativity to work out those 3-team deals.....

    2013 Pacers Digest NBA 2K13 Champion (Xbox 360)

  13. #13
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: J Oneal Trade....

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't understand why Minnesota or Houston does this.

    Houston trades 4 players they have very little use for nor do they really want....for spreewell and an a. johnson-two players that fit their system very well....and we know for a fact how much JVG likes spreewell....plus a player they have expressed some interest in the past (croshere)and who would probably be more productive than baker, spoon combined....and only one additional year on his contract...

    If Minnesota has any desire whatsoever to move kg(im not saying they do, though its rumored)....they get one of the few players they would probably entertain in a deal plus they get something for spreewell who they obviously are not bringing back....there arent many places for spreewell to go and there arent many players u consider trading kg for....

    theyve indicated their desire to spend less after trying the experiment of spending a lot, with the expiring contracts they are laying the groundwork for such as both pollard and wesleys contracts expire as well as jo is a couple million cheaper than kg...

    im not saying its a perfect deal...but then the ones that happen never are...the pacers take quite a bit of deadweight to get kg....

  14. #14
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    26,371

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: J Oneal Trade....

    Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Minnesota has any desire whatsoever to move kg(im not saying they do, though its rumored)....they get one of the few players they would probably entertain in a deal plus they get something for spreewell who they obviously are not bringing back....there arent many places for spreewell to go and there arent many players u consider trading kg for....

    Well, first of all, they can drastically cut payroll simply by letting Sam and Spree walk.

    Secondly, they'd be trading one disgruntled star for a lesser star who would be equally disgruntled in that place. And he's on the books for almost as much cash. The TWolves would want prospects in return, I'd think, along with an established all star.

    2013 Pacers Digest NBA 2K13 Champion (Xbox 360)

  15. #15
    Jesus Shuttlesworth
    Guest

    Default Re: J Oneal Trade....

    Hey maybe the Pistons could trade for KG! Oh wait they would have to trade their entire team

  16. #16
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: J Oneal Trade....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Shuttlesworth
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We'd be like the Pistons with all those losers on our bench. Plus no trade is worth having to have Vin Baker on your team.
    u dont get it...whether its vin baker in the IR or scott pollard or whoever....it doesnt matter....those guys contracts all expire this season anyway....

    there are no clear cut winners or losers....u can argue both sides from every teams standpoint....

    actually houston probably does this deal the quickest....but then they dont have a star involved either....

    anytime u r trading allstars like kg and jo....ur gonna think long and hard....

    the biggest stretch either way is probably minny....which only stands to reason because they have the best player involved....it might very well come down to involving cassell and jt as well as possibly harrison....which i thought about....but i know this isnt the most farfetched thing ive seen by any stretch...minny is getting two starters and a backup big man...for kg and a player they are ready to let go for nothing....its not the craziest thing in the world

  17. #17
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    26,371

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: J Oneal Trade....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Shuttlesworth
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey maybe the Pistons could trade for KG! Oh wait they would have to trade their entire team
    I have no idea what your point is......

    .....so here's a bunny with a pancake on its head


    ...and if KG is worth our entire team, then he must be able to win a championship 1 on 12.

    2013 Pacers Digest NBA 2K13 Champion (Xbox 360)

  18. #18
    Jesus Shuttlesworth
    Guest

    Default Re: J Oneal Trade....

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have no idea what your point is......

    .....so here's a bunny with a pancake on its head
    I have no idea what your point is



    Tough times never last. Only tough people do.
    --Chauncey Billups

    Oh, that's just poetic right there. I wonder if he thought that up himself.

  19. #19
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: J Oneal Trade....

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyPacers67
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It would never happen, but yeah I'd do it. Any time we have the opportunity to get the best player in the NBA without giving up Ron, Id love it. Look at what our lineup would look like!!! (Including that Laker trade)

    PG- JTins
    SG- SJax
    SF- Artest
    PF- Garnett
    C- Dale
    6.) Freddy
    7.) Moochie
    8.) Weatherspoon
    9.) JJ
    10.) Deavan George
    11.) Slava
    12.) Baker

    i think ur forgetting a key ingredient or 2...jeff foster....david harrison... also...if u do this deal u dont necessarily have to do the laker deal...but u certainly can...

    you also might try to rework the deal with the lakers to include cook, whereby u could send him to minny....which might make it a bit more attractive , who knows

  20. #20
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: J Oneal Trade....

    Well, while we're on the topic of JO proposals:
    Indiana Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Jermaine O'Neal
    6-11 PF from Eau Claire HS (SC)
    24.3 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 1.9 apg in 34.8 minutes
    Incoming
    Chris Bosh
    6-10 PF from Ga. Tech
    16.8 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 1.9 apg in 37.2 minutes
    Lamond Murray
    6-7 SF from California
    6.0 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.8 apg in 14.8 minutes
    Alvin Williams
    6-5 from Villanova
    No games yet played in 2004/05
    Change in team outlook: -1.5 ppg, +2.7 rpg, and +0.8 apg.
    Toronto Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Chris Bosh
    6-10 PF from Ga. Tech
    16.8 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 1.9 apg in 37.2 minutes
    Lamond Murray
    6-7 SF from California
    6.0 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.8 apg in 14.8 minutes
    Alvin Williams
    6-5 from Villanova
    No games yet played in 2004/05
    Incoming
    Jermaine O'Neal
    6-11 PF from Eau Claire HS (SC)
    24.3 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 1.9 apg in 34.8 minutes
    Change in team outlook: +1.5 ppg, -2.7 rpg, and -0.8 apg.

  21. #21
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: J Oneal Trade....

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While were at it lets trade J.O. for Shaq, D.Wade, Timmy.D, Kobe, AI, Lebron, and Bosh.........
    ...and Bosh? Are you implying that you don't think it would be plausible? You put his name within some nice company there, so I assume you think as much of him as I do.

  22. #22
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    23
    Posts
    15,310

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: J Oneal Trade....

    Let's not trade Jermaine!
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  23. #23
    Member Ultimate Frisbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,374

    Default Re: J Oneal Trade....

    I'd do either of the trades! me=not a big JO fan

  24. #24
    Member OnlyPacersLeft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    94
    Posts
    3,098

    Default Re: J Oneal Trade....

    JO Sucks. KG is the Man, why the hell would he do that?
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

  25. #25

    Default Re: J Oneal Trade....

    Quote Originally Posted by J33J
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    JO Sucks. KG is the Man, why the hell would he do that?
    Honestly? It's a decent trade for Minnesota. KG's salary in Minny has put them in luxury tax hell for forever, and he's not getting any younger. If they can move him for someone who is almost as good, but making half the salary, they could afford to keep some draft picks in the future, and essentially rebuild on the fly, a la the Pacers of 2000, with a veteran who's been further than KG, and is also younger, giving them a larger "window" to make another run.

    For the Pacers, it's as simple as KG being bringing more to the table than any combination of JO and expiring contracts, and would give us a more uptempo presence at PF. On a side note, Artest is much more likely to play 2nd banana to a guy like KG than JO. If you're a long term theorist, this would also make sense alongside the Lakers trade. Not only does it give us more trade fodder for KG, it also gets rid of Bender, who is not only a similar player to KG (only broken and less talented), but also gets into a brouhaha with KG every time they play against each other.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •