Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Anyone else thinking what i'm thinking...

  1. #1

    Default Anyone else thinking what i'm thinking...

    I'm thinkng that the Pacer's have something up there sleve.

    How many times has a trade leaked out like this Bender to L.A. trade and actually happened?

    Anyone remember last year how the reports said Bird wanted Luke Jackson from the draft when all along he wanted Ben Gordon?

    And we all know that Donnie Walsh likes to give out suprises.

    So I'm thinking they are planning a move on draft day, just not what is being rumor or reported.

  2. #2
    PacersFan
    Guest

    Default Re: Anyone else thinking what i'm thinking...

    Well, not to sink your boat or anything, but the long rumored Stephen Jackson trade happened last year.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Anyone else thinking what i'm thinking...

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersFan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, not to sink your boat or anything, but the long rumored Stephen Jackson trade happened last year.
    Yeah but we were going to add him once Carlise was hired. Only we didn't have the roster space. Damn I hate thinking about that, what if we had Stephen then. Anyways I see your point though.

  4. #4
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Anyone else thinking what i'm thinking...

    Not to mention this rumor is mostly strongly coming from LA, not IND.

  5. #5
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,049

    Default Re: Anyone else thinking what i'm thinking...

    Quote Originally Posted by rommie
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm thinkng that the Pacer's have something up there sleve.

    How many times has a trade leaked out like this Bender to L.A. trade and actually happened?

    Anyone remember last year how the reports said Bird wanted Luke Jackson from the draft when all along he wanted Ben Gordon?

    And we all know that Donnie Walsh likes to give out suprises.

    So I'm thinking they are planning a move on draft day, just not what is being rumor or reported.
    I'm thinking it could be true. Why? Because the flexibility it gives us could make us a major player in the free agent market.

    For instant, Phoenix has to sign Joe Johnson this year, but if they pay him to much it could cause them to lose Amare Stoudemire next year.

    For example say we offer them Jackson and Pollard in a sign an trade for Joe Johnson. It's something that might appeal to them. They would get Pollards expiring contract and Jackson who's a good player in his own right.

    Pollard played for the Kings who are a running team and he did well. They could use him at center and move Amare to his natural position of power forward. Then move Shawn Marion to his natural position of small forward.

    We might have to sweeten the pot with another expiring contract or maybe a draft choice, but something like that will be doable if we trade Bender to LA like is rumored.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Anyone else thinking what i'm thinking...

    ^ I think we would have to wait to trade someone we get in a trade for 3 mounth, unless we would only trade that player.

    I see you point overall though. I guess i'm just uncomfortable believing this a week or two before it actually is likely to happen. Usually Pacers don't have stuff leaked out.

  7. #7
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,258

    Default Re: Anyone else thinking what i'm thinking...

    I think the Bender trade rumor could be true... Good riddance. Thank God. Please let it be true!

    Now, as for all the flexibility it nets us in salary... I think you guys are dreaming there. It simply gets rid of the albatross (Bender) and makes the bottom line potentially better in the longrun.

    What do the Pacers typically do with salary flexibility? They (re)sign their own. Our FA pickups are usually vet minimum types.

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  8. #8

    Default Re: Anyone else thinking what i'm thinking...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not to mention this rumor is mostly strongly coming from LA, not IND.
    Since when do rumors ever come from Indy? The IndyStar is a Pacer puppet. If it came from the IndyStar first, it should be labeled as hogwash.

  9. #9
    Member OnlyPacersLeft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    94
    Posts
    3,098

    Default Re: Anyone else thinking what i'm thinking...

    that would be a terrible deal! just keep the flippin 17 pick man. Bender blows...and to think who else was in that draft? Terry? Hamilton?
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

  10. #10
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,049

    Default Re: Anyone else thinking what i'm thinking...

    Quote Originally Posted by rommie
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ^ I think we would have to wait to trade someone we get in a trade for 3 mounth, unless we would only trade that player.
    Two months for the LA pair, it would be three months if it was a sign and trade to us.

  11. #11
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Anyone else thinking what i'm thinking...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kraft
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Since when do rumors ever come from Indy? The IndyStar is a Pacer puppet. If it came from the IndyStar first, it should be labeled as hogwash.
    It didn't come from IndyStar.

  12. #12
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Anyone else thinking what i'm thinking...

    he does make a solid point, though. The Indystar never seems very p to speed on underground trade rumors.....

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  13. #13

    Default Re: Anyone else thinking what i'm thinking...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It didn't come from IndyStar.
    Not quite what I was saying there, slick. Oh well.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Anyone else thinking what i'm thinking...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    he does make a solid point, though. The Indystar never seems very p to speed on underground trade rumors.....
    And it never has been. They get all the friendly interviews they want, cooperation from the organization, etc ... and the Pacers ... they get a local paper that's basically hands-off.

    Well, unless you count Kravitz's columns ... which I don't.

  15. #15
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Anyone else thinking what i'm thinking...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kraft
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not quite what I was saying there, slick. Oh well.
    I fail to see the point of mentioning it, then. I think we all know no rumor ever starts here; it always comes from the outside.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Anyone else thinking what i'm thinking...

    as a response to the original question...I can see it, Bird has been known to throw out some pretty resonable trades and then turn the tables on everyone. Although I don't see them trading Bender unless they can secure a star in the deal, but as everyone will agree is not very likely.... Bender could be a vital part of a championship run, but not on the IL.

    Not to get totally off subject, but if the Pacers did anything this off-season I would like to see them bring in a better PG, not that Tins isn't good, but he's not good enough to win a championship as a starter. I wish we could pull a trade to bring in someone like the Franchise or a scoring point guard, but as long as we are heart-set on keeping Tins and others...it's not going to happen.

  17. #17
    PacerSoul
    Guest

    Default Re: Anyone else thinking what i'm thinking...

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersandIU
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    as a response to the original question...I can see it, Bird has been known to throw out some pretty resonable trades and then turn the tables on everyone. Although I don't see them trading Bender unless they can secure a star in the deal, but as everyone will agree is not very likely.... Bender could be a vital part of a championship run, but not on the IL.

    Not to get totally off subject, but if the Pacers did anything this off-season I would like to see them bring in a better PG, not that Tins isn't good, but he's not good enough to win a championship as a starter. I wish we could pull a trade to bring in someone like the Franchise or a scoring point guard, but as long as we are heart-set on keeping Tins and others...it's not going to happen.
    Tinsley is a top 5 point guard. He is exactly what our team needs to win a championship.

    Once we win the championship next season, I bet some people would still come up with "let's get rid of this and that" when it really doesn't make sense.

  18. #18
    PacersFan43
    Guest

    Default Re: Anyone else thinking what i'm thinking...

    I've spoken to one of the guys who has connections with the Pacer organization.

    This Trade is going through.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •