Page 62 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1711

Thread: PG TRADED TO OKC

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: PG TRADED TO OKC

I have a hard time seeing OKC pull that offer, what other NBA superstar were they going to get for a year to convince Westbrook to stay for a bag of chips?

Quote Originally Posted by SkipperZ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OKC could not have done more unless they traded Dipo to someone else. And trust me, no one was giving them anything close to PG for Dipo. OKC wasn't swimming in cap space.
    Whose to say Utah wouldn't have traded Favors and a first for Oladipo and Sabonis? That's just off top of my head. But after the Hayward other teams could have become interested in a young package we got. I'm not saying that would have prevented OKC from making a trade with us, but they could have leveraged competing deals and offered less.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

They may have preferred to make a deal sooner rather than later so they know which off-season plan to move forward with. If they waited too long they might not be able to inact the preferred plan. Maybe they wanted to re-sign Teague if they got the Celtics trade they wanted, and Teague wasn't willing to wait. Combine that with similar pressures on OKC, and you have plenty of motivation to get the trade done sooner rather than later. It is rarely a good thing as a franchise to be stuck in a holding pattern for marginal different trade prospects.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    Whose to say Utah wouldn't have traded Favors and a first for Oladipo and Sabonis? That's just off top of my head. But after the Hayward other teams could have become interested in a young package we got. I'm not saying that would have prevented OKC from making a trade with us, but they could have leveraged competing deals and offered less.
    I don't see how Favors would convince Westbrook to re-sign in OKC. Trading for Paul George probably doesn't either, but it's at least a serious move to show him the Thunder are serious about winning. I don't see the Thunder making such a move just for Favors.

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    I don't see how Favors would convince Westbrook to re-sign in OKC. Trading for Paul George probably doesn't either, but it's at least a serious move to show him the Thunder are serious about winning. I don't see the Thunder making such a move just for Favors.
    Well, he's better than Sabonis now and a pick for the future. So they would be preparing for the future if Russ departs while getting better now. It's just one example. You never know who offers what.

Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    Well, he's better than Sabonis now and a pick for the future. So they would be preparing for the future if Russ departs while getting better now. It's just one example. You never know who offers what.
    He has one year on his deal though. I don't know, I just don't think it's a great comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    He has one year on his deal though. I don't know, I just don't think it's a great comparison.
    I'm not comparing anything. I'm not saying the deal makes them as competitive in convincing Russ to say. I'm saying you get the right to Favors and a draft pick. Therefore you're better now and in the summer if Russ leaves you can look to extend Favors and have a pick (currently don't have one).

I would expect a press conference either tomorrow or Friday discussing this trade, and also signing of Collison

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Derrick Favors is one of those PD guys.

There is something I do not understand. All I have read for 24 hours is how the Celtics have to clear salary in order to sign Heyward. Kelly, O and now they are looking for some team to take Smart, Crowder and Bradley. OK, then how were the Celtics going to trade for PG? If they have to clear space just to sign Heyward, then how could they also acquire PG's $19M salary. What am I missing? Makes me believe all the rumors of Celtics trying to acquire PG as not only false but impossible.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    There is something I do not understand. All I have read for 24 hours is how the Celtics have to clear salary in order to sign Heyward. Kelly, O and now they are looking for some team to take Smart, Crowder and Bradley. OK, then how were the Celtics going to trade for PG? If they have to clear space just to sign Heyward, then how could they also acquire PG's $19M salary. What am I missing? Makes me believe all the rumors of Celtics trying to acquire PG as not only false but impossible.

They were going to trade Bradley and Crowder to us with the picks I believe. Maybe send Smart somewhere else. Either way, in order to afford Paul Crowder, Bradley and Smart were going to get dealt. Olynyk then released into free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    Derrick Favors is one of those PD guys.
    Derrick Favors is injury prone, and when he's not injured, he's not especially good. I think it would benefit him to play the 5 more often too.

I'm not sure, but Woj never makes false reports. It sounds like we were awfully close on a Celtics deal.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Derrick Favors is injury prone, and when he's not injured, he's not especially good. I think it would benefit him to play the 5 more often too.
    I'm with ya. I'm just saying this guy's name has been brought up here for a long time by a lot of different people. Like Ramon Sessions & Magnum Rolle + others.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:

As Grimp said, Bradley and Crowder by themselves is enough to make the deal, as are a few other combinations. That would add 4 million or so to the Celtics cap, but it's close enough to be considered salary matching in the NBA's eyes. Whoever they weren't planning to put in the PG deal of Bradley/Crowder/Smart they would have already dumped to make room for Hayward.

That's why any PG trade had to come after Hayward signed. The Celtics couldn't add 4 million in salary before Hayward because you have to have every dollar available to sign a player. But the rules for trades and the cap are looser, and so the Celtics could have pulled off a PG trade after signing Hayward with cap space.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm with ya. I'm just saying this guy's name has been brought up here for a long time by a lot of different people. Like Ramon Sessions & Magnum Rolle + others.
    WOW! Magnum Rolle.....what could have been......

22. The Following User Says Thank You to LA_Confidential For This Useful Post:

I would expect a press conference either tomorrow or Friday discussing this trade, and also signing of Collison
    I'm excited to see Oladipo's first interview as a Pacer. I think he will be excited to be here from what I've seen in previous interviews

24. The Following User Says Thank You to ZepZach For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ZepZach View Post
    I'm excited to see Oladipo's first interview as a Pacer. I think he will be excited to be here from what I've seen in previous interviews
    long as they don't ask him to sing I'm good

Mood

My only assumption is that they would have cleared their salary by moving contracts towards us, and perhaps in doing so that's where the trade snag hit. I'm sure Ainge saw them as positive trade assets where as Pritchard trading in the East wanted entirely pick compensation and/or validated talent to keep us competetive.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ZepZach View Post
    I applaud the positivity although I'm still pretty bleh about the whole thing.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Gremz For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    long as they don't ask him to sing I'm good
    Although we've had our fair share of laughable instances this offseason, one more couldn't hurt.

Mood

Yeah, I'm still really not sure why. Favors seems like a very good complimentary piece to a dynamic offensive Center. And no, I don't mean Myles, I mean the more physical kind.

Mood

For the majority who are down on Sabonis, I will ask you guys give him some time. He's probably not going to set the NBA on fire, but his overall talent and Basketball IQ are pretty impressive and I'm pretty sure a guy named Marc Gasol has similarities at a comparative age. Let's see how he goes before holding out the noose.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Trading PG so fast made me think they had other things aligned so it made sense if that was the plan but nothing so far.
    Could just be getting the circus act over with....

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Gremz For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Gremz View Post
    Could just be getting the circus act over with....
    I'm sure that had at least a little bit to do with it, but PG's a rental for anybody but the Lakers. it's a two team league, Golden State was obviously a non-starter, Cleveland for Love if that was real coulda been interesting in regards to potentially flipping him in-season, but bird in the hand and all. I just really don't think there was a market for the dude that people seem to think there was. I really do wish KP demanded a pick swap in 2019/beyond. who knows, maybe he did try for that, not like Presti's an idiot. for Presti I think it was as much about making them better for one last run with Russ, who's gone just like PG while also dumping a ton of long term money. Russ and PG head for the coast it's hey, I BROUGHT YOU PAUL GEORGE, what more ya want?

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post: