Page 27 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: PG TRADED TO OKC

Sports Logo

Default Re: PG TRADED TO OKC

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Boston if they are truly unwilling to offer us the LAL pick, the BKN pick or Tatum/Brown is not all the different of a deal.

Bradley is just Oladipo East. Crowder is fine and I like him

But valuing the LAC or MEM pick is tough. In all reality the LAC pick is probably worthless. it's lotto protected then morphs into a 2nd rounder. Maybe the MEM pick has some value but that seems like a gamble really. Then what you're really madly in love with Boston sending us one of their own picks? What would that pick be if they sign Hayward and then got PG? It's not as good of a deal when you actually break down. Calling it 3 firsts is misleading. The Clippers pick likely never pays out. The Memphis pick might be mid teens in 19 and then Boston's pick is probably like 28th.

So Crowder or Bradley, 28th pick, 18th pick

or Oladipo/Sabonis?

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Oladipo will play much better for us than he did for Orlando or OKC.

If money is out of the equation, I love the idea of Oladipo on the team.

Hate the Leaf drafting, especially now that we have Sabonis. Why didn't we go for defense or the 3?
    Well Pacers are just so CRAZYYYY for IU guys that skipped on Anunoby cause he made too much sense.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    Does make me wonder if the Pacers saw a FA opportunity and wanted to get PG deal done.
    With Teague off the books.....we have $26 to 30 mil to spend......so this may make some sense. Pacers didn't want to wait for Ainge to make up his mind. Ainge wanted his cake ( Hayward ) and eat it at the same time ( getting all the pieces in place to ensure that he got his Plan B ).

A deal could have been had if Ainge offered a deal that would at least meet halfway to what the Pacers were asking for. But he wanted to wait it out on Hayward while not parting with none of the pieces that would likely hinder their ability to sign him. Ainge's problem is that he has too many toys to play with and he doesn't know what he wants to part with. There are simply too many moving pieces and he's not able to settle on anything. My guess now is that Ainge will go after Melo for a 1 year rental and then reset again next season.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

I always felt it was extremely unlikely we went into free agency with PG On the team so that part definitely makes sense.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    *Takes a well deserved nap for 3 hours
    ** Opens Twitter: pic.twitter.com/xWNYaVfKTy

— Myles Turner (@Original_Turner) July 1, 2017

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Making the playoffs was too important for Pacers to get all the **** they could have got by the trade deadline...
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

I guess in a really odd twisted sense pg did do us a favor by letting us know he was gonna bolt. I just wish he didn't say I only want la. This is better than nothing, though.
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

that Dipo contract just sucks so bad man. my biggest concern with this whole thing was "just keep the cap clean KP."

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Boston if they are truly unwilling to offer us the LAL pick, the BKN pick or Tatum/Brown is not all the different of a deal.

Bradley is just Oladipo East. Crowder is fine and I like him

But valuing the LAC or MEM pick is tough. In all reality the LAC pick is probably worthless. it's lotto protected then morphs into a 2nd rounder. Maybe the MEM pick has some value but that seems like a gamble really. Then what you're really madly in love with Boston sending us one of their own picks? What would that pick be if they sign Hayward and then got PG? It's not as good of a deal when you actually break down. Calling it 3 firsts is misleading. The Clippers pick likely never pays out. The Memphis pick might be mid teens in 19 and then Boston's pick is probably like 28th.

So Crowder or Bradley, 28th pick, 18th pick

or Oladipo/Sabonis?
    That's what I'm saying. All of you are assuming that we can get a godfather offer from Ainge. Without any guarantee that PG13 will sign an extension ( which I SERIOUSLY doubt was ever going to happen ), this is the type of offers we were getting.

Don't look at this haul as an offer that we could with the assumption that PG13 was going to cooperate and up his trade value. He wants to go to the Lakers PERIOD...and he wasn't going to really commit to signing an extension with anyone.

We were getting 1 year rental offers....and this is the best that we could come up with. Add in that KP didn't want to wait on Ainge who was making the Pacers wait it out...and we are where we are.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

I mean, I just think the bottom line is Pritch liked Sabonis/Oladipo a lot more than Bradley or Crowder.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Looking at it like this, we're paying Oladipo $2M more/year than Teague, and I'd take that all day.

Bad news, that means we traded PG for Sabonis.

If and only if we get Hayward or something like that, this deal will not look good.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

"We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Making the playoffs was too important for Pacers to get all the **** they could have got by the trade deadline...
    You assume that any team was going to offer picks and young Players. That was never going to be on the table with PG13 not committing to an extension.

We were getting Vets and likely non-lottery 1st round pick offers....essentially 1 year rental offers.

You may not like Dipo's contract....but guess what? The Pacers got 2 young Players in return for PG13. Now, I have no clue what we will do with a Myles/Leaf/Sabonis front court rotation....but EFF ME...this is the best that we could get cuz PG13 would not commit to winning....he committed to playing in LaLaLand ( which is his right...even if we don't like it ).

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

**** it. At least these are guys I can root for. As long as we don't sign some non all star to a max contract I'm cool with it. I woulda preferred a hard tank and clean cap though.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:

I'm just not understanding why people give a crap about Victor's salary. Do you think we are going to get free agents to come here? We have some space as it is and we will fill it up just like we would if Victor was making 10 million a year, with outdated players on bargain bin contracts.

Now if you can convince me we lose out on getting Hayward or another big name to come here because of it then I will care but other than that? Nah, I just don't care.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

33. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

I haven't been following all the dealing around the NBA. What is the chance Hayward would come here at this point? Next to zero?

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    You assume that any team was going to offer picks and young Players. That was never going to be on the table with PG13 not committing to an extension.

We were getting Vets and likely non-lottery 1st round pick offers....essentially 1 year rental offers.

You may not like Dipo's contract....but guess what? The Pacers got 2 young Players in return for PG13. Now, I have no clue what we will do with a Myles/Leaf/Sabonis front court rotation....but EFF ME...this is the best that we could get cuz PG13 would not commit to winning....he committed to playing in LaLaLand ( which is his right...even if we don't like it ).
    I'm talking about the trade deadline when Bird decided not to trade him.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

According to the stats, Oladipo would have been our best perimeter defender last year. And Sabonis would have been the best post defender in terms of FG%.

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I'm just not understanding why people give a crap about Victor's salary. Do you think we are going to get free agents to come here? We have some space as it is and we will fill it up just like we would if Victor was making 10 million a year, with outdated players on bargain bin contracts.

Now if you can convince me we lose out on getting Hayward or another big name to come here because of it then I will care but other than that? Nah, I just don't care.
    In reality he is only overpaid by 3/4mil

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    I haven't been following all the dealing around the NBA. What is the chance Hayward would come here at this point? Next to zero?
    somehow it's less than zero

41. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bradley will be a free agent after next season and probably want more that Oladipo's contract. Bradley also is 3 1/2 years older than Victor. So Victor signed for 4 years was probably seen as a better deal than being able to re-sign Bradley.

43. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to diamonddave00 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    In reality he is only overpaid by 3/4mil
    Which isn't ideal, but is very manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post

Exactly. This deal is fine.

The media for 2 weeks: Pacers can't get anything for PG, he wants out to LA.

Same media today: OMGZ Pacers got nothing for PG!!!!!

This deal is fine and could look great if Vic can improve after his first year on a playoff team and/or Sabonis is a gem...

Just not sure why everyone hates this move.

46. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post: