Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1711

Thread: PG TRADED TO OKC

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Default Re: PG TRADED TO OKC

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The whining is rather irritating. People are acting like Boston had real offers on the table. From what I'm reading, this sounds like a typical Ainge move. Celtics get involved in all the trade talks, then act like they had the best offer and teams were too stupid to take it.

Personally, LA had to give up the # 2 pick and/or Ingram. That didn't happen. LA was offering one rotational player who had one year left, and two development picks. KP would looked real stupid if Randle would have went back to LA.

With Boston, they had to give up some lottery picks and 2-3 players of INDIANA'S choice. Like someone said earlier, Indiana was HANDING them ECF and possible NBA Finals trips to use to convince Paul George to stay. Boston decided to hoard their assets and make Indiana wait. **** that.

In this trade, Paul George goes West which increases Indiana's chances of being in the playoffs. We get two players who can play SYSTEM basketball instead of corny *** ISO basketball. They have long contracts (as stated before), so you can build and improve the SAME core for 3-4 years then add vets later ala the Wolves.

Lastly, I like that we have players that can play inside/outside. I made this point earlier, but it got lost in all the *****ing. This is more of a Nate McMillian type team as far as the roster is concern. I'm expecting a Portland style offense with a slashing SGs and bigs working the mid-range area. Vogel was given players, and he had to make it work. Nate got players that fit how he coached in the past.
    Weellll, we ain't whining more then Paul and we all pay for Paul to Whine, so we allowed to for a few days, let us have our fun!
    Garbage players get 1st round picks, (WTF)! All of the NBA must hate the Pacers! LOL

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Guys, the new money is not the same as the old money in this league. Oladipo got a 'new money' extension last fall. What he's making now will be half of what guys like Curry and Wall make from now on, $40m a year.

Wall makes $19 now, but that won't last long. If Oladipo made $10m a year ago would you have been upset paying him that? Because that's about the difference; half of a guy like Wall.

Curry used to be on a GREAT deal at about $11m per year because at that time he wasn't MVP Curry nor was he even a healthy Curry, but otherwise he'd be making what Wall's making, too, closer to $19m or so.

Now those guys are going to fetch $40m while Oladipo makes about half that. It's a different era.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    You love Oladipo yet you hate the idea of paying him. He's making $2m more than Teague, yet $4m less than Jrue Holiday. Seems like he's about middle of the road in this new era of spending. And how long did you think Harris was going to stay cheap if he's so good? Eventually he'd be expensive too.
    Don't even hate the idea of him at $20M. in a vacuum, I'm glad we have him at that salary compared to Teague.

It's what we gave up to get him that makes it fatal. Imagine giving up Thad Young and GR3 to get DeMarcus Cousins or John Wall. That's what just happened.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Turn your outrage to Bird. He gave us this Pacers.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This is so true wow, they got #1 pick and made it into the #3 to draft a guy that was not their first choice, then they missed their chance to get Jimmy/PG might lose on Hayward and are going to end up with Milsap or somebody worse

This is going to be a brutal offseason for Boston if they don't land Hayward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

I rather pay Dipo 20 than pay diva Paul George the 35+ he was going to get.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

Apparently Harris plus a low 1st that might have turned into a 2nd later. Doesn't excite me any more than what we got, and in fact on the surface seems worse to me.
    I think ultimately, Sabonis will determine how good or how crappy this trade is

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    YES!! A resounding YES!

I would rather we have forced PG to player here to out up with all the BS and everything then to take a weak *** package like that. And why the hell didn't we make them Trade Ferguson instead of Sabonis? At least he had "upside"

Pritchard walked away like a scared clown who over estimated himself

You realize Olidapo makes more than PG per year now?

I cant say this enough, Pritchard made a deal worse than I can imagine

Hell I would respect Pritch way more, if he came back and said something like "before I take this steming pile of horse manure for the best player this franchise has known, Ill force PG to have an uncomfortable year here , and maybe trade him to someone at the deadline

He lost all patience, he didn't have ot make a deal now, PGs trade was not going lower after FA started, in fact had Pritch waited after teams lost out , he might have gotten a lot better

So yes, I'm pisssed and its not a coincidence that universally we were killed on the trade, and yes that's taking account we had little "leverage"

The only way Pritch can "redeem " himself is if he starts to make moves with what we have left

AS for now, I'm pissed disappointed, but also excited as the Pacers wont consume my free time near as much

This friggin blows big time! and I expected way more, this is a Bird trade. Yeah lets draft TJ because his dad is from Indiana, lets trade our best player for a scrub because he played at IU..pathetic
    I agree with your sentiment and frustration because Paul hurt our franchise with his lack of professionalism, but the bigger picture is that if we gave him hell all year that would do 2 negative things. First, that would be an absolute PR disaster for fans of the Pacers and negative Pacers coverage. Second, that would destroy our team chemistry and make other free agents/draft picks not want to come here where there are 29 other teams and many of them have great work environments.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

Mood

I rather pay Dipo 20 than pay diva Paul George the 35+ he was going to get.
    I get this. PG will never be worth the super max. Just look at what the LAC will be like in the next couple of years. That would've been us minus the role players.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This is going to be a brutal offseason for Boston if they don't land Hayward.

When it's said and done, Boston is running back the same team that took an *** whupping from the Cavs. They better hope Tantum is one hell of a player.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

Boston really ****ed up. They should have pulled the trigger on PG. They don't have a legitimate chance of competing with the Cavs (let alone GSW)
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

OKC, Rockets, and GSW will be fun to watch this year. Hopefully OKC can pick somebody else up and it can be really competitive.

What sucks is all of the star power CONTINUES to trickle towards the top. That is the new NBA and there is nothing I can do about it. I haven't watched for 2 years because of the balance of talent but I guess it's time for me to embrace it.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    I agree. This was scorched earth. F U Lebron, enjoy being the Warriors' ***** again, F U cheap *** Boston, enjoy striking out again while hoarding your draft picks, F U Lakers, enjoy watching Paul George play against you and go to the playoffs in your conference, F U Paul George, you wanted to play with a superstar and now you'll play with an MVP, let's see what you've got.

This was personal for sure. How many times do the Thunder play the Lakers next season?
    Also another possible factor: Pritch is setting up his reputation for the future. He just told all the other GM's that when they have a potential offer from him, he means it and will go do something else if they don't bite.

Maybe not, but I have to look for a silver lining somewhere.
    "Look, it's up to me to put a team around ... Lance right now." —Kevin Pritchard press conference

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    Don't even hate the idea of him at $20M. in a vacuum, I'm glad we have him at that salary compared to Teague.

It's what we gave up to get him that makes it fatal. Imagine giving up Thad Young and GR3 to get DeMarcus Cousins or John Wall. That's what just happened.
    If the analogy includes Wall or Cousins telling the Wizards or Kings they were definitely leaving them in a year, were going to a specific team, and had their agent telling every potential trade partner, "Don't trade for my client, they will be leaving you in a year for Team X," then sure. And they'd get crappy deals, too. It is what it is.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    I get this. PG will never be worth the super max. Just look at what the LAC will be like in the next couple of years. That would've been us minus the role players.
    Imagine paying that guy 35+ just barely make it to the playoffs every year that would have been horrible.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

"We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

27. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    Boston really ****ed up. They should have pulled the trigger on PG. They don't have a legitimate chance of competing with the Cavs (let alone GSW)
    That's the part I don't get.

From Boston's perspective, was it really a bad trade for a chance to get to the NBA Finals? I really think Indiana would have settled on two players and one lottery pick unless KP was seriously playing hardball.

Of course, I'm still assuming that PG wouldn't be stupid enough to leave that situation and still go to LA.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post

I think mostly everyone agrees with this, look if PG wants to leave Indy fine. I won't be happy but that's his choice and I can sympathize with wanting to go home... However the way he left has made me just despise him as a player.

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

If the analogy includes Wall or Cousins telling the Wizards or Kings they were definitely leaving them in a year, were going to a specific team, and had their agent telling every potential trade partner, "Don't trade for my client, they will be leaving you in a year for Team X," then sure. And they'd get crappy deals, too. It is what it is.
    Agreed, and it's mostly PG's fault. But I run with that offer for DMC or Wall, even if for one year.

We're going to be a bottom 5 team next year regardless. Why spend $18M more to do it and not get any future value as reported by other offers?

I find it incredibly difficult to believe we couldn't have squeezed more out of that deal. We did OKC a favor AND we gave them PG.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

What coulda & should be:

Lance Stephenson
    Victor Oladipo / Terrence Ferguson
    Glenn Robinson III / Caris LeVert
    Domanas Sabonis / Rakeem Christmas
    Myles Turner / Ike Aninbogu

I'd feel so much better about this.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Imagine paying that guy 35+ just barely make it to the playoffs every year that would have been horrible.
    Man! Who you telling? I was in the camp who REALLY didn't want to pay PG the DPE money. I don't think he's worth it. With this trade, actually gets more flexibility to build a better roster in future years.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    What coulda & should be:

Lance Stephenson
    Victor Oladipo / Terrence Ferguson
    Glenn Robinson III / Caris LeVert
    Domanas Sabonis / Rakeem Christmas
    Myles Turner / Ike Aninbogu

I'd feel so much better about this.
    They aren't giving that for a rental.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

A lot of people are *****ing about Oladipo, but he will be a fan favorite here. Local kid who's a hard worker and has a decent amount of talent.

40. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Impossible Is Nothing

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Romsey31 For This Useful Post:

Sabonis is a blank slate. Nobody had a chance to shine with Westbrook on his "f Durant" season
    Being unable to close out a game in which you have a comfortable lead in the 4th Q = Pulling a Frank Vogel

44. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post: