View Poll Results: Are you sick of talking or reading about Ron Artest?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 64.41%
  • No

21 35.59%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you sick of it?

Question Are you sick of it?

I think I've had enough of Ron Artest talk for this season. Wake me in October.

Anyone else feel that way? It could be Ron, his on court actions, off court actions, the "he's a problem" vs "no he isn't" debate, which also usually includes the "he'll never learn" vs the "yes he will" or "I think he just did" debate.

Default Re: Are you sick of it?

Wait until it gets closer to the draft, then we'll hear trade rumors which will spark new (well actually old) debates about Ron.

Yeah, pretty much. I've gotten sucked into it some, but it's the offseason, y'know...
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

ImCrazyB

I don't bother commenting on any of the Artest debates. I want him back after seeing this team without him...We got abused by all-star guards all season long. Jack is a great defender..But he can't hold Pierce or Lebron the way Artest did.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

May I suggest: RonArtestdigest.com
    "He's a strong physical presence out there on both ends of the court. He's a man. There's a reason he was an All-Star." -- Vogel on David West

We have nothing eles to talk about. I think its fun.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

Well, I'm a little sick of the Reggie Miller talk. I think we should continue to talk about Ron after all he is on our team and probably our best player. I'm just tired of the trade talks.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

Oh any by your standards, you should move this thread to the Shout Box...after all it is just a rant...

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Shuttlesworth
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh any by your standards, you should move this thread to the Shout Box...after all it is just a rant...
    hmmmm....that actually might warrant a touche'

Going back two years the thing I disliked about Ron the most was how much he took and still takes attention away from the game of basketball and franchise.

Were it not for the Brad Miller experiece I would have said it would be worth trading him just to stop the threads about him.

Smile Re: Are you sick of it?

I don't feel sorry for any of you guys that's sick of it. Why? Because you don't have to read the thread and participate when Ron's name comes up.

If you can't stay out of it, especially when you know there's nothing new going to be said, what's that make you?

slave (sl≥v) n. 1. One bound in servitude as the property of a person or household. 2. One who is abjectly subservient to a specified person or influence:

Yes, I admit it, I am Ron's B*tch.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What else is there to talk about? Colts' jailhouse blues?
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    I don't feel sorry for any of you guys that's sick of it. Why? Because you don't have to read the thread and participate when Ron's name comes up.

If you can't stay out of it, especially when you know there's nothing new going to be said, what's that make you?

slave (sl≥v) n. 1. One bound in servitude as the property of a person or household. 2. One who is abjectly subservient to a specified person or influence:
    That's funny. I consider those who continue to tirelessly debate and re-debate two year old issues to be the ones that are enslaved to Ron.

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    That's funny. I consider those who continue to tirelessly debate and re-debate two year old issues to be the ones that are enslaved to Ron.
    hmmm...interesting....that discussing a member of the pacers...a key member....is a problem....lets see...controversial key member of the team...seems somewhat reasonable that he would be discussed...

however, i do understand how it can be tiring....its my passion for the pacers that probably motivates me....and as said...hes a key member with a cloud around him....hes definitely a lightning rod when it comes to discussion...and since this is a forum for discussion about the pacers, well.....

but since u feel that way...how would u categorize the constant mention of other former pacers....such as maybe....a Sacramento King...for instance....

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    hmmm...interesting....that discussing a member of the pacers...a key member....is a problem....lets see...controversial key member of the team...seems somewhat reasonable that he would be discussed...

[Ron cracking his whip can be heard in the background]

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Shuttlesworth
    No need to be a smartass about it; if I made a thread saying I'M SICK OF IT AND YOU SHOULD BE TOO! that would be a rant. I'm asking a question and I want to poll for results.

PacerSoul

I'm sick of it, but only because all the talk about him is so negative and not enough good things are said about him on here. Some of the things such as comparing him to Mike Tyson have been shameful and utterly sad that such people can have such hate for this man who will help bring us a championship for the first time. We can't let that opportunity slip. Pacers will win over 65 games next season.

I am sick of it, not the discussing Ron or the brawl, if those discussion could be restricted to facts, outcome and moving on, but the personal hatred for a player on this team.

I nay care either way, I will see when the season starts where he starts, if it is with the Pacers, great, if not then I hope we at least get equal value, if not then we go back to mediocraty, either way we will see, nothing we can do about it anyway and all people are so stuck into their positions that it now really resembles beating a very dead horse.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Hicks, obviously you have never actually beaten a dead horse! I mean, it's really good excercise and a great way to relieve the stress of the offseason. Plus, the horse is already dead so there's no real harm to the horse. It's a win-win situation! So c'mon.... grab a stick and get to beatin'!

Well a lot of the recent talk is because of the new guy.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    I think I've had enough of Ron Artest talk for this season. Wake me in October.

Anyone else feel that way? It could be Ron, his on court actions, off court actions, the "he's a problem" vs "no he isn't" debate, which also usually includes the "he'll never learn" vs the "yes he will" or "I think he just did" debate.

Okay, I'll save all of my good Ron Artest discussion for the forum party, then.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    Okay, I'll save all of my good Ron Artest discussion for the forum party, then.
    And that would be why I'm not going.

As for the pole: "yes" and "hell yes" aren't strong enough. I actually said "Jesus Christ, hell yes!" when I went to vote.

Hicks, you might as well face it - any time a new poster joins the topic's gonna show up.

The key would be for the veterans to not respond.

But the problem is, summers always involve talking about trades. And for better or worse, whenever trading Artest comes up, the brawl/his mental state/PR company/Allure CD/ etc., will come up along with it.

IOW, might as well learn to live with it.

What I'm REALLY sick of is all of these year-old threads that have suddenly been reincarnated. That's more a waste of my time than Ron Artest re-hashes.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    Hicks, you might as well face it - any time a new poster joins the topic's gonna show up.

The key would be for the veterans to not respond.

But the problem is, summers always involve talking about trades. And for better or worse, whenever trading Artest comes up, the brawl/his mental state/PR company/Allure CD/ etc., will come up along with it.

IOW, might as well learn to live with it.

What I'm REALLY sick of is all of these year-old threads that have suddenly been reincarnated. That's more a waste of my time than Ron Artest re-hashes.

Hmm actually a very good point....so let's talk hockey trades...
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..