Thread: RealGM goof makes up Pacers trades

Default RealGM goof makes up Pacers trades

http://pacers.realgm.com/articles/36...possibilities/

In the coming weeks the Pacers will be gearing up for the NBA draft. Along with drafting young talent the Pacers should be looking to make a few trades this off season. Using RealGM.com’s very own Trade Checker, I came up with a few deals Indiana can make to improve their chances at winning the NBA title in 2006.

Deal #1: Atlanta Hawks
    F Jonathan Bender, C David Harrison and #17 Pick (’05) for F Al Harrington

The Hawks have never been a team that likes to hold on to talent, and Al Harrington has learned what the NBA is all about. Harrington wanted to play on a team that he could start for. Unfortunately, now he must realize in Atlanta he doesn’t have a shot at even making the playoffs – let alone winning an NBA championship. Pacers’ GM Donnie Walsh can pull a Danny Ainge and hit the undo button and bring former fan favorite Harrington back to Indiana where he was one of the NBA’s best sixth men. In the process Walsh gets rid of Bender, one of the biggest disappointments over the last five years.

Deal #2: New Orleans
    F Jonathan Bender, C David Harrison and PG Anthony Johnson for C Jamaal Magloire and F Maciej Lampe

This trade strengthens Indiana frontline and takes care of Bender’s hefty contract. The Hornets realize that they are going nowhere in the mighty west and have already unloaded all-star Baron Davis, Magloire is likely on his way out as well. The fallback for Indiana is losing Anthony Johnson, but something of value would need to be included to get New Orleans to bite. Johnson would without a doubt become the Hornets’ starting point guard.

Deal #3: Orlando
    C Scot Pollard and G Eddie Gill for F Hedo Turkoglu and G Jameer Nelson

This deal adds some outside shooting to Indiana’s roster, while helping Orlando improve their center position. Turkoglu, who was involved in the trade that brought Pollard to Indiana and sent Brad Miller to Sacramento, would be a nice addition to Indiana’s already deep bench. Sending Gill to Orlando might give him more playing time, while getting Nelson from Orlando will allow him to grow under veterans like Jamaal Tinsley and Anthony Johnson.

Deal #4: Cleveland
    C Scot Pollard, G Eddie Gill and #17 Pick (’05) for G Eric Snow and F Luke Jackson

With this deal Indiana can further strengthen their point guard position and gives them the flexibility of being able to move either Tinsley or Johnson in another trade. Meanwhile, Cleveland gets the first round pick they desperately need as well as a nice back-up for injury prone Zydrunas Ilgauskas. Another possibility in the deal would be Jiri Welsch from Cleveland because of his pure shooting. In Indiana, forward Luke Jackson would be a good combination off the bench with former Oregon teammate Fred Jones, and he has the potential to become a very good player.

As you can see from the names mentioned in these mock trades, I don’t feel Indiana needs to make any major moves. A few minor adjustments at certain positions might help the team, but in the long run I feel they have one of the most talented and promising rosters in the NBA. We’ll see if Mr.Walsh and Mr. Bird agree…

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: RealGM goof makes up Pacers trades

I'd love to do either deals 3 or 4. I wouldn't do the first two, though #2 is not too bad (but we need a back-up PG). Deal #1 is pointless, but take Harrison out and, with an Al willing to come off the bench, and I'd consider it.

I wouldn't mind any of those deals although I don't like trading Harrison in deal number 1.

I can't imagine why the other team in deals 2, 3 and 4 would even consider any of these trades. Number 1 is the only one even remotely plausible.

IndyToad
    I thought I paid that back

ImCrazyB

Number 2 definitely looks the most appealing. Imagine having a center who is actually an offensive threat accompanied along with JO. I guess some of you don't pay attention to the Hornets, But Magloire is an all-star calibre center.

Deal #3 is also good..Jameer Nelson looks like he's going to be a future star.

sweabs

To be honest, I don't see why the other team would do any of those trades. They're beyond ridiculous. The Magloire trade is especially humouring. An all-star centre for Bender, Harrison, and Johnson. Give me a break.

I'm with Toad here. Aside from #1, they all seem a bit too lopsided in the Pacer's favor for the other team to bite. Especially #3.

ImCrazyB

Quote Originally Posted by Netweeny
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm with Toad here. Aside from #1, they all seem a bit too lopsided in the Pacer's favor for the other team to bite. Especially #3.
    Well, #2 is actually realistic considering the Hornets are in melt-down mode and trying to get rid of every single large salary on the team to rebuild. They traded Baron Davis for Speedy Claxton and a can of pringles..So I wouldn't be to surprised.

Bender, Harrison & the # 17 for Harrington??????

What kind of crack is this guy smoking? Bender? Yes.

But no way do you give up Harrison for him unless the Pacers are absolutely convinced he is damaged goods.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    Bender, Harrison & the # 17 for Harrington??????

What kind of crack is this guy smoking? Bender? Yes.

But no way do you give up Harrison for him unless the Pacers are absolutely convinced he is damaged goods.
    same crap as always....almost every trade ever posted on the internet....u take one look and immediately go...now why would one of the teams even dream of doing that...

however, i do wonder if there are any players that mike brown thinks might be helpful to the cavs and the pacers might be willing to part with...i know cleveland wants a draft pick....and i truly think the pacers want to get rid of theirs.....

so i wonder if their might be any deal that could be concocted besides cleveland buying our pick for 3 million....which with our payroll might not be the worst idea....

I think #1 is bad for us... #4 is good for us but probably unlikely... #3 and #4 would never happen as they are beyond bad for the other team...

I would probably lose my mind if we traded David for Shaq, let alone AL HARRINGTON!

[cue dramatic slo-mo voice]DON'T TRADE DAVID, DONNIE! DON'T DO IT! DON'T EFFING DO IIIIIIT![end slow mo voice]
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

How about Bender for Garnett? Austin Croshere for LeBron James? Anthony Johnson for Carmelo Anthony/Nene?
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!

Quote Originally Posted by TruWarier
    How about Bender for Garnett? Austin Croshere for LeBron James? Anthony Johnson for Carmelo Anthony/Nene?
    We don't need head cases like Carmelo Anthony on this team.

Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Fig Newton
    http://pacers.realgm.com/articles/36...possibilities/

Deal #2: New Orleans
    F Jonathan Bender, C David Harrison and PG Anthony Johnson for C Jamaal Magloire and F Maciej Lampe

This trade strengthens Indiana frontline and takes care of Bender’s hefty contract. The Hornets realize that they are going nowhere in the mighty west and have already unloaded all-star Baron Davis, Magloire is likely on his way out as well. The fallback for Indiana is losing Anthony Johnson, but something of value would need to be included to get New Orleans to bite. Johnson would without a doubt become the Hornets’ starting point guard.
    I would be all over this deal in a heartbeat. Ironically, the biggest downfall that I would see with this one is the loss of Anthony Johnson. I know that sounds nuts, but decent PGs, even backup PGs are very hard to come by. But for a chance to get a CF like Magloire - who do I have to bribe in NO to get this deal to happen?
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

Quote Originally Posted by BostonConnection
    I would be all over this deal in a heartbeat. Ironically, the biggest downfall that I would see with this one is the loss of Anthony Johnson. I know that sounds nuts, but decent PGs, even backup PGs are very hard to come by. But for a chance to get a CF like Magloire - who do I have to bribe in NO to get this deal to happen?
    Difference a year makes, huh?

How old is Magloire, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    Difference a year makes, huh?

How old is Magloire, anyway?
    He's 27, just reaching his prime now. He was injured much of last season but it was kind of a freak thing - broke his right ring finger, then got back spasms late in the season when he tried to come back, most likely due to not being in game condition. I seriously think the Hornets would consider such a deal if the Pacers offered it. BTW - getting the 19 year old, 6-11 Lampe in the deal could be a real steal.

Another plus in this deal is that unlike the others, it sends our guys to a Western conference team, always preferable if you can do it.

He's 27, just reaching his prime now. He was injured much of last season but it was kind of a freak thing - broke his right ring finger, then got back spasms late in the season when he tried to come back, most likely due to not being in game condition. I seriously think the Hornets would consider such a deal if the Pacers offered it. BTW - getting the 19 year old, 6-11 Lampe in the deal could be a real steal.
    I thought he was injured a lot last year, but wasn't sure.

Of course, that just means he would have fit right in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    I thought he was injured a lot last year, but wasn't sure.

Of course, that just means he would have fit right in here.
    All things considered, I'm not too worried about a broken finger after all those seasons wondering whether Harrington's knee was going to blow again for good. It was the broken finger that caused him to miss the majority of the games last season.

foretaz

the backup pg situation could be addressed with saras.....

now...that being said....someone really needs to explain to me why any team would even entertain for a second taking bender.....until hes proven to be something other than damaged goods, i cant see many teams being interested in him for anything other than cap relief...and considering he has 2 moe years left, it seems a bit early for that....

This deal adds some outside shooting to Indiana’s roster, while helping Orlando improve their center position. Turkoglu, who was involved in the trade that brought Pollard to Indiana and sent Brad Miller to Sacramento, would be a nice addition to Indiana’s already deep bench. Sending Gill to Orlando might give him more playing time, while getting Nelson from Orlando will allow him to grow under veterans like Jamaal Tinsley and Anthony Johnson.

are you insane? Declerque is better than pollard. And eddie gill is not even in the ball park of Jameer Nelson. That will never happen. Just throwing things out there?
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Another plus in this deal is that unlike the others, it sends our guys to a Western conference team, always preferable if you can do it.
    Just curious why you think the Hornets would want to do this. None of those guys have expiring contracts. Harrison has a lot of potential but I seriously doubt he'll be as good as Magloire. Bender will never be healthy and AJ is a career backup. Dunno much about Lampe other than that he's young and tall, which is pretty a pretty valuable commodity by itself.

If the Hornets want to get rid of Magloire though, I really hope we go after him - I've been coveting him for a while. I'd give up Artest for him in a second.

IndyToad
    Tossing and turning on an old-fashioned matress

Jesus Shuttlesworth

This is my favorite from this silly Cavs fans:

It seems to me that Cleveland is positioning itself to bail out a team with luxury tax issues on a bad contract. I expect the Cavs to get a pick somewhere in the middle of the first round in exchange for taking on a bad (but probably an expiring) contract. Indiana is a really obvious trade partner:

#17 overall pick and Scot Pollard's expiring contract to Cleveland;
    non-essential piece (Pavlovic?) to Indiana

Another possibility is Cleveland getting that #17 overall pick from Indy with Jonathan Bender (way overpaid, two years left on his deal) for Ira Newble (three years left on his deal, makes quite a bit less than Bender).

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?topic=381813

You can tell the guy is a homer because he offers more than Al Harrington (A former Pacer) is worth, and robs anyone who isn't offering a former Pacer to us.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Deal #3: Orlando

If only this trade was true... WOW. I love Jameer Nelson, hes going to be a stud. Id trade both of those guys plus AJ for Nelson straight up.