Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ladies and Gentlemen... your Indiana Fever

Default Ladies and Gentlemen... your Indiana Fever

So, I just got back from the Fever/Detroit Shock game tonight. Incredible basketball game. The Fever won in overtime and I got to see Bill Laimbeer throw a fit (surprise surprise). Stephen Jackson was at the game as well.

Does anyone here follow the WNBA, even casually? The Fever are actually very good this year - Tan White is looking like a ROY candidate, Tamika Catchings is as good as ever (two assists shy of a triple-double tonight), and the team is 6-3 and sitting one game out of the best record in the Eastern Conference.

Funny how on a forum full of die-hard Indiana basketball fans that no one ever seems to talk about the Fever.

ImCrazyB

Default Re: Ladies and Gentlemen... your Indiana Fever

Yeah, I stopped watching the WNBA when I saw a close up of the girls on the court.

Sweet-Jesus.

From 400 feet away, I can actually sit and watch the game..But when It's in high def on my TV, I cringe when I watch the girls run down the court. I've come to the conclusion that their isn't a single WNBA player who is in even the slightest way attractive.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I watched the game on NBA TV.

We'll get you *******s at the Palace. Hopefully our frontcourt will decide to show up.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by ImCrazyB
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've come to the conclusion that their isn't a single WNBA player who is in even the slightest way attractive.
    Uh, who cares? It's basketball. Reggie Miller wasn't the world's most attractive guy but nobody seemed to care. Why should this be any different?

And "(not) even in the slightest way attractive" is a but harsh IMO. Becky Hammon, for instance:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    I watched the game on NBA TV.

We'll get you *******s at the Palace. Hopefully our frontcourt will decide to show up.
    Well when the Fever beat you guys AGAIN in Detroit, Catchings will have to watch out for a mother and her two kids pelting her with cups and coins.

Okay poor joke attempt.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

I think Sue Bird doesn't look bad at all .

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

If I'm not mistaken Swin Cash is still out for Detroit. The Shock are a good team.

I love going to the games when I get a chance.

It seems like the girls play with more intensity than the guys a lot of times. And you defiitely don't see near as much *****ing to the refs as you do in the NBA.

Would be cool if at least one of the Indy Teams have a chance at bringing home the trophy this year

If you think about it, Indy is really lukcy in the fact that most of their major sports franchises are pretty darn good. The Pacers have consistently been near the top of the league for several years, the Colts have been near the top for the last few years, and the fever are doing very well this season too. And the last I looked the Indians are sitting pretty good right now too!

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Gyron
    I love going to the games when I get a chance.

It seems like the girls play with more intensity than the guys a lot of times. And you defiitely don't see near as much *****ing to the refs as you do in the NBA.

Would be cool if at least one of the Indy Teams have a chance at bringing home the trophy this year

If you think about it, Indy is really lukcy in the fact that most of their major sports franchises are pretty darn good. The Pacers have consistently been near the top of the league for several years, the Colts have been near the top for the last few years, and the fever are doing very well this season too. And the last I looked the Indians are sitting pretty good right now too!
    Being good in the regular season doesn't matter to me much, anymore. Except, maybe for the Colts.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning
    I think Sue Bird doesn't look bad at all .

Regards,

Mourning
    I second this. I also have a big-time crush on Stephanie White going back to high school and college.

I definitely follow the Fever. I loved going to the first game this year and I'm sure that I'll probably take two or three more in this summer.
    "If I have the ball, I will shoot it, you have to believe that," - Stephen Jackson

woman without a team

Kegboy and I went to the game last Friday against New York. If you look really hard at the replay of Kelly Miller's game winning shot you can see us in the crowd.

As for you, ImCrazyB, I'm sure you're just a Greek god running up and down the court sweating like a pig.

What the hell. Yes, it was immature of me to , but I feel much better now.

Fever (and women's) basketball is a much better product for those of us Hoosiers because there is more teamwork, passing, hustle, etc.

They aren't geting paid millions. Ticket prices are reasonable. And now that they're winning, it's fun to watch. They are a good team. They are an Indiana team. I don't care if it's a frisbee golf game, if they're an Indiana team, I'm rooting for them!

And did I mention that the game the Fever play is basketball? FEEEVERRRRRRRRRR BASKETBALL!

ImCrazyB

Quote Originally Posted by rabidpacersfan
    Uh, who cares? It's basketball. Reggie Miller wasn't the world's most attractive guy but nobody seemed to care. Why should this be any different?

And "(not) even in the slightest way attractive" is a but harsh IMO. Becky Hammon, for instance:

What's fun about watching the WNBA?

Nothing really happens at all. It's pretty much all shots and layups. Maybe if I go and see the game live at the actual arena it will be alright, But until that time..I'll just go down the road and watch a local HS game instead.

And the NBA doesn't apply here because I don't really give a damn what any of the guys who are playing look like.

Then the bottom line appears to be you don't care about basketball above sitting back and criticising the players' looks. That's a lame reason to talk down to the game.

woman without a team

Nothing really happens at all. It's pretty much all shots and layups.
    All shots and layups. Isn't that what is supposed to happen?

If you're trying to say there isn't any hard play I was there when Ruth Riley "accidentally" tried to shove Tamika Catchings' nose out the other side of her head.

ImCrazyB

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    All shots and layups. Isn't that what is supposed to happen?

If you're trying to say there isn't any hard play I was there when Ruth Riley "accidentally" tried to shove Tamika Catchings' nose out the other side of her head.
    I don't know. I just don't find it appealing in anyway at all...It's just boring..I realize girls actually play with more intensity then guys do..But thats about it. They play harder..But it's not as fun to watch. Of course, When you live in Atlanta and your womans basketball team is better than your mens, I guess I should learn to cope with it for the next 15 years until the Hawks are actually good again.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rabidpacersfan
    So, I just got back from the Fever/Detroit Shock game tonight. Incredible basketball game. The Fever won in overtime and I got to see Bill Laimbeer throw a fit (surprise surprise). Stephen Jackson was at the game as well.

Does anyone here follow the WNBA, even casually? The Fever are actually very good this year - Tan White is looking like a ROY candidate, Tamika Catchings is as good as ever (two assists shy of a triple-double tonight), and the team is 6-3 and sitting one game out of the best record in the Eastern Conference.

Funny how on a forum full of die-hard Indiana basketball fans that no one ever seems to talk about the Fever.
    That was a great game. I was definitely wishing I would have gone after watching it on TV. When Kelly Miller hit that 3 with 3 seconds left in regulation, I was thinking "It's STILL Miller time in Indiana."

And for the record, I'm a Fever fan, even though I don't follow the WNBA that much.

Didn't the NBA start out kinda like this? Nothing but shots and lay-ups? Only thing is there is a 3 point line starting for the girls. Sooner or later, I think, the WNBA's game will evolve.

But as of right now, it's hard for me to watch.
    AKA Sactolover05

Talking Re: Ladies and Gentlemen... your Indiana Fever

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie4Three
    I second this. I also have a big-time crush on Stephanie White going back to high school and college.
    ME TOO!!!!!!!! She never looked like much in her uni and pics, but I saw her in person at Purdue and she was stunning! She was in jeans and a ball cap and looked good enough to eat.

Nothing really happens at all. It's pretty much all shots and layups. Maybe if I go and see the game live at the actual arena it will be alright, But until that time..I'll just go down the road and watch a local HS game instead.

And the NBA doesn't apply here because I don't really give a damn what any of the guys who are playing look like.
    Yeh, all they do is play team ball, defense and concentrate on fundamentals.
    What a drag.
    (sarcasm)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

granted, they TRY to play with fundamentals, but they occasionally suck horribly at it.

Its a complete misconception that the WNBA is very fundamentally sound. Not that its unwatchable, but damn, its not an art form, either.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

And this is our center??

To be a totally sexiest pig, why have I not seen her in the media before?

Personally, I have no use for WNBA. It bores me. I admire their skill level, but I keep comparing their athleticism to the men's. Their speed, spin moves, etc, just don't compare at all. I just can't get into it. (Sames goes for high school basketball, either gender.)

ImCrazyB

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech
    And this is our center??

To be a totally sexiest pig, why have I not seen her in the media before?

Personally, I have no use for WNBA. It bores me. I admire their skill level, but I keep comparing their athleticism to the men's. Their speed, spin moves, etc, just don't compare at all. I just can't get into it. (Sames goes for high school basketball, either gender.)
    Well, When they are in uniforms they don't look that way. They look pretty damn ferocious. You guys are over-rating the WNBA big time. If they truly played with such great Fundamentals and team-ball, Then there would be more people watching it. As it is right now, More people watch NCAA womans basketball then they do the WNBA. But Skaut pointed out that they aren't even close to as athletic as the men who play in the NBA. Only like 3 or 4 girls in the WNBA can even dunk the ball..Not saying I need to see Tamika Cummings do a 360 reverse windmill..But It definitely makes the game more exciting to watch when I see a lob thrown up and watch it get slammed down by JO or anybody. (Except DD, he can't quite make it up to the rim anymore)

Sports Logo

My only real question about the Fever is why is'nt Cheryl the coach?

She has coaching experience and she is Cheryl.