Thread: Venue for 200-300 people in Indy??

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Venue for 200-300 people in Indy??

Quick background: I'm part of a haunted house in Kokomo that operates for charity, and earlier this month we had the opportunity to attend a convention in Ohio for the industry. At the convention, we attended a class and met makeup artist Bloody Mary, who has worked on many major productions (Titanic, Walking Dead, etc), and sells her own line of costume makeup, and makes the camo makeup for the actual US Military.

Important part: Bloody Mary offered to come out to Indy and hold a seminar/class teaching people her tricks of the trade, and proceeds from ticket sales will be donated to our charity haunted house. She told us she drew a crowd between 200-300 at a similar event in Fort Wayne, so we're hoping for similar numbers. We're looking at mid-August, which of course means everything must happen quickly. We've reached out to a handful of hotels for their conference rooms and haven't had much luck yet (search is just getting started).

SO, I figured the Digest might be the most diverse group of Indy-area folks that I have access to, and it couldn't hurt to ask y'all if you have any suggestions, leads, options, or thoughts about places we might be able to reserve on short notice, and a relatively small budget (again, charity operation).

Thanks!
    It's a new day for Pacers Basketball.

Sports Logo

Default Re: Venue for 200-300 people in Indy??

it HAS to be in Indy?

Mood

We're planning on Indy to draw the best crowd we can get. Most of our staff is in Kokomo, but there are a handful here in Indy also, so we coordinate between the two areas. Also, Bloody Mary is flying in from Texas, so having it in Indy makes it easy for us to pick her up and keep things local.

Since I don't live in Indy I haven't a clue. Just had to post seeing there is another person in the Digest that's into Halloween.
    http://www.hauntforum.com/album.php?...ictureid=19719
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Conner Prairie has a ton of outdoor space you can rent, if this is during warm-weather months. Seating would maybe be an issue, though. So YMMV there (but they have a lot of company picnics, renfairs etc there).

Otherwise I guess you might just look into some non-churchy wedding venues? I'm pretty sure you can rent out the Fountain Square Theatre. Also, Clowes Auditorium (no context for pricing here): http://events.indypl.org/spaces/clowes-auditorium/

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

there's the Community Life Center in Greenwood but 2-300 is probably pushing it attendance wise

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Maybe look for something in the Carmel / Westfield area. Closer to Kokomo, convenient enough for Indy folks.

There's lots of spaces. Are you looking for donated/free/discounted space or planning to pay market rates?
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Have you thought about seeking out a school that might host the event? Maybe if you offered them a split of the revenue?

Mood

Thanks for the replies all! TPTB in our little group got a place, just had to change weekends. More $$ than I anticipated them paying, too. But, I guess we're covered now. Thanks again!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:

Mood

Here's the event info, if anyone is interested!

https://www.facebook.com/events/5106...A%22null%22%7D

16. The Following User Says Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post: