Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: If Ron were inevitably going to be traded...

Hybrid View

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default If Ron were inevitably going to be traded...

Who would you want in return for him?

Please make all trade scenarios legal and plausible.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: If Ron were inevitably going to be traded...

Uh......Paul Pierce or Peja, can't think of anyone else at this time. But, really, I don't want to trade him.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who would you want in return for him?

Please make all trade scenarios legal and plausible.
    sorry, but this is self contradictory....

anyone we would want for him...we wouldnt get....there is no plausible trade for him that anyone would want

i went over a few plausible trades the other day....they went over like a lead balloon for the most part....

Two names that come to mind are: Prince, Andre Iguodala

That is not equal value, but I want a unique player

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    Two names that come to mind are: Prince, Andre Iguodala

That is not equal value, but I want a unique player
    LOL, let's send Ron and Jack to the Pistons for Prince and Rip.

BWallace
    RWallace
    Artest
    SJackson
    Billups

BWallace
    RWallace
    Artest
    SJackson
    Billups

Well I had not really thought this through.

Talking Re: If Ron were inevitably going to be traded...

BWallace
    RWallace
    Artest
    SJackson
    Billups

DD
    Jermaine
    Prince
    Rip
    Jamaal

I like it

foretaz

BWallace
    RWallace
    Artest
    SJackson
    Billups

i thought u were the one who said these trades have to be plausible....

if so...please tell me why the pistons do this trade...

Artest to NY for Kurt Thomas & their #1

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter
    Yes.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

I like it just send our team another step back and wait for some player to develop for 3 years.

I just had a vision. Filled with what-ifs and who does its.

It involved moving Johnson in said trade as well. And then doing the Bender deal. And then moving all those expiring deals (+ Pollard) and the pick to Seattle for Ray Allen. And signing some European point guard. And re-signing James Jones. And extending Fred Jones. And just for the helluva it, giving Dale Davis a new deal.

And then I woke up. And realized that I do kinda like Ron Artest.

foretaz

though i realize some dont like him, ive thought for some time that kurt would be a great addition to this team.....

isiah would make this trade in a second i have a feeling....he might squawk about the pick....might want it to be next years or something.....

however....this is a trade u simply cant make if ur the pacers....

Really, draft pick? Wow it is worse than I thought

If Bird really wants to play a faster pace than Shawn Marion would be perfect. I also would love to have Peja, get a world class shooter is fitting in Indiana.

I would like Shawn Marion, but our defense would suffer so much... I don't think we would be any better.

If only we had just picked The Matrix instead of Bender from the start

I would take Paul Pierce

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    I would take Paul Pierce

with all due respect....i dont want paul pierce near this team....i dont like his attitude..at all....and i know theres a trust issue with ron....but i would much prefer to deal with the issues regarding ron and why he does what he does....

paul pierce is nothing but a selfish,spoiled rotten whiny little brat as far as im concerned...and no...i dont think ron is remotely the same....more importantly his issues arent the same....i dont want a player that just kinda quits or seems not to care openly when hes not happy.....

i know ron will bust his *** no matter what the situation is.....i have zero reason to believe paul pierce would....

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    with all due respect....i dont want paul pierce near this team....i dont like his attitude..at all....and i know theres a trust issue with ron....but i would much prefer to deal with the issues regarding ron and why he does what he does....

paul pierce is nothing but a selfish,spoiled rotten whiny little brat as far as im concerned...and no...i dont think ron is remotely the same....more importantly his issues arent the same....i dont want a player that just kinda quits or seems not to care openly when hes not happy.....

i know ron will bust his *** no matter what the situation is.....i have zero reason to believe paul pierce would....

On this we agree.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Last year, the story was that Ron was more interested in busting his *** to promote that album than bust his *** to help the Pacers.

First, he promised the album would be done by the time the season started. It was reported that he came into camp out of shape and the album wasn't done. Alledgedly, he wanted time off to finish that, or at least that was the "public story" but many of us also know that he just plain volunteered to quit on the team.

Perhaps he will bust his *** no matter what the situation is. Maybe he won't. That's anything but a certainty, however. The more important question is, will Ron be busting his *** while he looks out for #1, as he's known to do? Or will he ever learn to channel his efforts toward the team (and willingly submit his individual talents for the good of the team)?

I've always said, if we were picking players for the NBA 1-on-1 tourney that Ron would be my guy. But in a team setting, he's not very useful and he's borderline expendable.

If he were to be traded, I'd be happy with a box of warm Krispy Kreme's. I'd like the Pacers to come up with *any* other legit starting SF, because the lack of a contingency plan last season cost Reggie and the rest of the team a shot at a title. They could do that via the draft, free agency, or trade. Its not like these guys totally sucked without him, his presence is significantly overstated.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    Last year, the story was that Ron was more interested in busting his *** to promote that album than bust his *** to help the Pacers.

First, he promised the album would be done by the time the season started. It was reported that he came into camp out of shape and the album wasn't done. Alledgedly, he wanted time off to finish that, or at least that was the "public story" but many of us also know that he just plain volunteered to quit on the team.

Perhaps he will bust his *** no matter what the situation is. Maybe he won't. That's anything but a certainty, however. The more important question is, will Ron be busting his *** while he looks out for #1, as he's known to do? Or will he ever learn to channel his efforts toward the team (and willingly submit his individual talents for the good of the team)?

I've always said, if we were picking players for the NBA 1-on-1 tourney that Ron would be my guy. But in a team setting, he's not very useful and he's borderline expendable.

If he were to be traded, I'd be happy with a box of warm Krispy Kreme's. I'd like the Pacers to come up with *any* other legit starting SF, because the lack of a contingency plan last season cost Reggie and the rest of the team a shot at a title. They could do that via the draft, free agency, or trade. Its not like these guys totally sucked without him, his presence is significantly overstated.
    I just got a box of Krispy Kreme's. They're way overrated.

I'm gonna go ponder what NBA players I could get with them.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    I just got a box of Krispy Kreme's. They're way overrated.

I'm gonna go ponder what NBA players I could get with them.

Those are way overrated

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    Those are way overrated
    I never got them either. A warm glazed is kind of nice, but overall nothing special. But some people act like they're gourmet or something. Prices are anyway.

foretaz

i like ur avatar, BTW

Jay...last year is over...while i realize its important to learn from the past i also know we cant continue to live in the past....most importantly we cant continue to punish people for things theyve already been punished for...that shows a sign of deepseated resentment and the unwillingness to forgive...yes...he made mistakes...people make mistakes...they learn from their mistakes-more often, it would seem, when the punishments are so severe....its a bit unfair to bring up only the negative things that hve happened, especially when it happened last year, or 2 years ago or whenever....if ur looking for a pattern regarding his behavioral issues it would be inaccurate to say hes not improving...and thats quite key in a situation such as this....

given every thing that has happened to u really question what type of shape hes gonna be in? we both know better....and do u really believe there are times when he wont bust his *** when hes on the floor....his work ethic and effort are almost unmatched-i know u have to know this....management and coaching staff basically have said this very thing many times...

ron has gone thru a life changing situation....it remains to be seen how he comes out of it....but if a persons heart is in the right place, and hes gotten the proper help, then it certainly would seem he could come out of it with a much deeper appreciation for his team, his organization and himself....and as a pacer fan, the prospect of witnessing how that unfolds is one that i look forward to with much anticipation...

im not sure how having the premier defender in the league isnt useful....especially given this teams inability to stop the very good perimeter players....nevermind a multiple threat offensive player....having a threat such as him on the floor makes everyone automatically better...hes a tough matchup for anyone on the offensive end....and considering he changes the game on the defensive end i really dont know how he could be borderline expendable....

as far as ur contingency plan statements i totally disagree....in fact i believe u couldnt be further from the truth....bender played very well at the end of the season and playoffs....jack was brought in to back up the 2 and 3...james jones was there, though noone could see how they might have been able to use him much....freddie jones could play the backup 2 if for some reason jack had to spend most of the minutes at the 3....bottom line for the wing positions going into the season we had the following....artest, miller, jack, bender, f. jones, and jj....i would hardly say that there was a poor contingency plan....the fact that two of the top guys missed basically the whole season simply cant be considered as anything that would happen under normal circumstances, no matter what the situation....

as far as the kripy kremes goes....its hard to take one too serious when they equate such little value to a 3rd team all nba selection, allstar, and DPOY....you have to see how ridiculous this seems....you appear much more rational when discussing this teams weaknesses being perimeter shooti and inside posts presence, and maturity versus telling us ron has no value....

for someone who uses the grading scale u use i find it a bit hypocritical to entertain such thoughts as this team being competitive without him or they would be very good with another legit sf.....if this team doesnt have artest it doesnt have one of the top 2 sfs in the league...and if doesnt have that it wont reach the finals-which in ur eyes is all that really matters....

so based on that presumption, i would think u really need ron to find a way to really be a value to this team and coexist....cause thats almost assuredly the only way theyre gonna make the finals.....

Good post.

Yes, his presence is EXTREMELY overrated.

A Pacers team with a hobbled O'Neal and Tinsley, but with a basically healthy Artest(physically that is) lost to Detroit in 6 games in 2004.(Fact)

A Pacers team with a hobbled O'Neal and Tinsley, with no Ron Artest at all, lost to Detroit in 6 games in 2005.(Fact)

We all know the guy is an amazing talent. Like Jay mentioned, he would dominate 1 on 1 play. But is antics are clearly "detrimental" to the team.

I don't think his postseason history is anything to brag about at all. Paul Pierce lit this team up in 2003. It was one of the worst spectacles I have seen in Pacers playoff history. In 2004, the Celts were just total garbage. Ron didn't even play in one of those games because he was suspended(suprise, suprise). In crunch time in game 6 of 04 against Det, Ron lost his cool. In 2005, the Artest-less Pacers eliminated the Celtics.

With a sane Artest, I believe that the Pacers could eliminate any team in the east except the Heat and the Pistons.

Without Artest, I believe that the Pacers could eliminate any team in the east except the Heat and the Pistons.

I don't think it's worth the risk to see if he can "mature" in the future. What in Ron's past makes you believe he will "mature"

I just don't see how one player can be more important than the entire franchise. A player who was more concerned about his rap album last year than the team. A player who was ready to quit on the team. A player that claimed that he was the "number 1". Any team that put their franchise on Ron Artest's shoulders would be sunk. The guy can play, but he has no leadership whatsoever, and has caused trouble with his teammates.

Again, I must emphazise that I know that Ron Artest has amazing basketball skills. But this isn't streetball in Rutgers Park(which I'm sure Ron could dominate in). This is a TEAM game, and Ron Artest's negatives clearly outweigh the positives, IMO.

The Pacers would be fine if they could just get SOMETHING for him. If the Pacers hopes hinge on Artest, then something is terribly wrong.