1 2.33%
  • Jarrett Jack

2 4.65%
  • Roko Leni Ukic

0 0%

Thread: The NBA Draft - Pacer Digest Style - The Toronto Raptors

Default The NBA Draft - Pacer Digest Style - The Toronto Raptors

This is how this works.

1. Each night, around the same time, I'll post a poll question. It will be the next team in the draft order. Tonight it's Toronto, tomorrow New York & so on. We'll stop with the Pacers pick at #17 just a few days before the draft.

2. I'll list the current team "on the clock" and put a poll together with a group of players that could be selected by that team. Your choices will be two players at each position; center, power forward, small forward, shooting guard & point guard.

3. Which ever player gets the most votes will be the player selected by that team.

4. Once a player has been selected he will not be eligible to be selected by another team.

5. Even though there will be trades that impact (thanks Jay) the draft, they will not have a bearing on our draft. A player most be choosen, we can not simply decide that the pick will be traded.

So, here's the NBA Draft - Pacer Digest Style

You're the one making the call on draft night. Tonight you are the Raptors. Who do you select with the #7 pick.

Here is how the draft looks so far.

1. Milwaukee --------- Andrew Bogut --- 50 of 64 votes --- 78.13%
    2. Atlanta ------------ Marvin Williams -- 29 of 56 votes --- 51.79%
    3. Portland ----------- Gerald Green ---- 23 of 41 votes --- 56.10%
    4. New Orleans ------- Chris Paul ------- 23 of 30 votes --- 76.67%
    5. Charlotte ---------- Deron Williams --- 23 of 40 votes --- 57.50%
    6. Utah -------------- Raymond Felton --- 9 of 18 votes --- 50.00%
    7. Toronto
    8. New York
    9. Golden State
    10 LA Lakers
    11 Orlando
    12 LA Clippers
    13 Charlotte
    14 Minnesota
    15 New Jersey
    16 Toronto
    17 Indiana

Here is a look at the top players at each position that New Orleans will be choosing from.

Center
    Channing Frye --- 6-11, 250
    Johan Petro ----- 7-1, 250

Power Forward
    Fran Vazquez --- 6-10, 229
    Ike Diogu ------- 6-9, 255

Small Forward
    Danny Granger --- 6-8, 215
    Joey Graham ----- 6-7, 217

Shooting Guard
    Antoine Wright --- 6-7, 205
    Martell Webster -- 6-7, 235

Point Guard
    Jarrett Jack ----- 6-3, 200
    Roko Leni Ukic --- 6-5, 185

Default Re: The NBA Draft - Pacer Digest Style - The Toronto Raptors

They love Antonie Wright.

Toronto needs a center or point guard. Jack is susposingly the best point left but this is to high for him. It's between Channing Frye and Fran Vazquez who some sites list as a center. I think they will take Frye.

martell webster!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Raptors need a center or a PG. Either one would do the trick.

Jarrett Jack would be ideal, but I doubt he's available.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

jack will definitely be available....dont think the raptors take him this high....and how would u like to be a rookie point guard playing with jalen rose on ur team.....that would kinda suck....just imagine jalen pullin him aside and saying 'rook, u got to get me the ball' ill make u look great just get me the ball-ill get u those assist numbers....

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Raptors are going to take the best player available, and that's Granger.

The PG and C prospects are weak for this pick and they actually have a void at SF that could be filled with Granger.

There's a better chance of the Raps trading down than picking a prospect at either position.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat

Jack will be available at #7. Chris Paul, Williams, and Felton are all better PG prospects, and Bogut, Marvin Williams and Gerald Green will be picked before Jack as well.

If he's not picked by the Raps at 7, Jack would fall to at least the Lakers at 10.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

sweabs

You guys are all mentioning the Raptors needs.

They learned about drafting based on needs the hard way from last year (Araujo). I just heard an interview with Sam Mitchell yesterday, where he was emphatically saying they are going to take the best players available with their 2 first round picks...NO MATTER WHAT position they play.

He also said that their first pick (this one) will be a major impact player for the starting line-up.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    You guys are all mentioning the Raptors needs.

They learned about drafting based on needs the hard way from last year (Araujo). I just heard an interview with Sam Mitchell yesterday, where he was emphatically saying they are going to take the best players available with their 2 first round picks...NO MATTER WHAT position they play.

He also said that their first pick (this one) will be a major impact player for the starting line-up.
    Yup. IMO Wright's a level above the rest of the players on that list. They pick again where - 16? They can get a C there if they decide they have to.

I suppose they could get Jack - he's a lot better than a lot of folks give him credit for but I'd stick with Wright and they can resume trying to move Mo-Pete after the draft.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Well, one thing I can see for sure, not all of us agree with how the PD draft is going. So what we have to do is finish this out to see the consensus, and then make our own picks, and see who does the best.

It will be interesting to see who can read the Newspapers and Internet the best. (smile)

Well, some of us probably know talent and won't have to sort though truth and lies to make their picks, but that's no guarantee of success.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    Well, one thing I can see for sure, not all of us agree with how the PD draft is going. So what we have to do is finish this out to see the consensus, and then make our own picks, and see who does the best.

It will be interesting to see who can read the Newspapers and Internet the best. (smile)

Well, some of us probably know talent and won't have to sort though truth and lies to make their picks, but that's no guarantee of success.
    The actual draft will be very interesting as well. The teams at the top can go in any number of directions.

What I thought the order so far should be(or at least feel now) is:

1) Bogut
    2) Paul
    3) M. Williams
    4) D. Williams
    5) Gerald Green
    6) Felton
    7) Granger

I'd think it'll be either Granger or Wright. They're not gonna reach on another big after last year.

Out of the two, I guess I'll go with Granger, cause they're stuck with MoPete.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    I'd think it'll be either Granger or Wright. They're not gonna reach on another big after last year.

Out of the two, I guess I'll go with Granger, cause they're stuck with MoPete.
    Here is the thing with Mo Pete. I wouldn't be surprised if he was gone by the end of the summer. The Raptors have 2, very nice picks in this years draft. If they follow through on what they're saying (drafting on pure talent), they will likely go with one of the guards/swingmen. If that's the case, I can forsee them trading Mo Pete, to allow the rookie to develop his game.

Mo Pete, on the other hand, has never had such a high trade-value as of right now. He just came off his best season, and really ended the season strong (I forget the stats in the last month, but they were great). Also, his contract is nothing unmanageable. It wouldn't surprise me.

I'll scream when it happens but I foresee a Jalen and Mo-Pete for Penny and filler deal this summer.

Will the madness never end?

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    I'll scream when it happens but I foresee a Jalen and Mo-Pete for Penny and filler deal this summer.

Will the madness never end?
    I really wouldn't mind having a guy like Mo Pete on my team. Jalen is a different story...but Mo Pete is a great guy to have (so long as he stays aggressive like he did this year, and doesn't just settle for corner 3's).

I like Mo-Pete. It's Jalen I shudder at. And unless Jim Dolan tells him different, you know Isiah won't let Penny's and TT's ending contracts just expire.

Howdy Jalen! Who knows - Isiah may not even insist on getting Mo with him.