View Poll Results: The biggest reason I think the ratings have been so low for this series is

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • The lack of any 'glamour' superstars like Shaq or Kobe

    6 27.27%
  • Because the games have been blowouts so far

    0 0%
  • The style of the two teams involved is considered to be "boring"

    8 36.36%
  • The absence of "big city" teams from LA, NY, or Chicago

    3 13.64%
  • General lack of interest in the NBA by the casual fan

    3 13.64%
  • Other (please specify)

    2 9.09%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 151

Thread: Pistons/Spurs Game 3 Thread

  1. #51
    3ptmiller
    Guest

    Default Re: Pistons/Spurs Game 3 Thread

    So... how are the pistons doing?

  2. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,161

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pistons/Spurs Game 3 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ptmiller
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So... how are the pistons doing?
    Other than the first 6 minutes of Game 1, it's by far their best showing thus far.

  3. #53
    Pacers fan in FL Deadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    1,936

    Default Re: Pistons/Spurs Game 3 Thread

    Wow, I was wondering how long they were going to leave the French announcers on there...

  4. #54
    Member BostonConnection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)
    Posts
    4,694

    Default Re: Pistons/Spurs Game 3 Thread

    Hamilton takes off the mask, got poked in the eye by Bowen?
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

  5. #55
    3ptmiller
    Guest

    Default Re: Pistons/Spurs Game 3 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by shags
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Other than the first 6 minutes of Game 1, it's by far their best showing thus far.
    Woohoo... go pistons!

  6. #56
    Member BostonConnection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)
    Posts
    4,694

    Default Re: Pistons/Spurs Game 3 Thread

    Pistons doing a lot of overplaying of the pass when defending the post, surprised the Spurs haven't gone back door on them
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

  7. #57
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Pistons/Spurs Game 3 Thread

    Bowen for 3!!!

    Game tied at 36.

  8. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,161

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pistons/Spurs Game 3 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 3ptmiller
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Woohoo... go pistons!
    I knew you'd come around

  9. #59
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Pistons/Spurs Game 3 Thread

    Horry time!!! - A huge block on the defensive end...then comes down the floor and nails the 3.

  10. #60
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Pistons/Spurs Game 3 Thread

    Hard foul on Parker.

    Roaring cheer by the Pistons crowd.

  11. #61
    Member BostonConnection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)
    Posts
    4,694

    Exclamation Re: Pistons/Spurs Game 3 Thread

    Ouch, that elbow to Parker's eye looked painful!
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

  12. #62
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,699

    Default Re: Pistons/Spurs Game 3 Thread

    nice elbow to the head there from Billups
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  13. #63
    Member BostonConnection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)
    Posts
    4,694

    Default Re: Pistons/Spurs Game 3 Thread

    Halftime:
    42
    :thepiston 41
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

  14. #64
    3ptmiller
    Guest

    Default Re: Pistons/Spurs Game 3 Thread

    Ok before i go and take a nap im gona say -----> SPURS WIN

  15. #65
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,996

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pistons/Spurs Game 3 Thread

    I can't believe fans cheer for players being injured. I'm really not into overgeneralizing, but that really does say a lot about their crowd.

  16. #66
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,161

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pistons/Spurs Game 3 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't believe fans cheer for players being injured. I'm really not into overgeneralizing, but that really does say a lot about their crowd.
    I think they were cheering more because for the first time in 10 quarters somebody put Parker on his ***.

  17. #67
    Member OnlyPacersLeft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    94
    Posts
    3,098

    Default Re: Pistons/Spurs Game 3 Thread

    Come on. Only 2 quarters left! Then we can all stop talking about "The Defending Champs" and start mentioning who will knock off the new champs!
    Pacers over spurs in 7 Next season! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

  18. #68
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,932

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pistons/Spurs Game 3 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by shags
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think they were cheering more because for the first time in 10 quarters somebody put Parker on his ***.

    Amen to that.

    I'm sick of watching Parker and Manu stroll through the lane like little children without getting a HARD foul.

    Our guards get knocked around by their big men all the time. Its about damn time we started DELIVERING some punishment.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  19. #69
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,161

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pistons/Spurs Game 3 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by J33J
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Come on. Only 2 quarters left! Then we can all stop talking about "The Defending Champs" and start mentioning who will knock off the new champs!
    Pacers over spurs in 7 Next season! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    This series is over now. Shoot, talk about Pacers over Spurs now if you want. Pistons can't beat the Spurs 4 out of 5.

    It's not a matter of IF the Spurs will win the championship, but WHEN. The networks just can't talk about that until the clincher for ratings purposes.

  20. #70
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,932

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pistons/Spurs Game 3 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by shags
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This series is over now. Shoot, talk about Pacers over Spurs now if you want. Pistons can't beat the Spurs 4 out of 5.

    It's not a matter of IF the Spurs will win the championship, but WHEN. The networks just can't talk about that until the clincher for ratings purposes.

    Indytoad for shags, straight up. I'll even throw in a future 1st rounder.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  21. #71
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Pistons/Spurs Game 3 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Amen to that.

    I'm sick of watching Parker and Manu stroll through the lane like little children without getting a HARD foul.

    Our guards get knocked around by their big men all the time. Its about damn time we started DELIVERING some punishment.
    It's funny you say that.

    One of our stations had homegrown Jamaal Magloire on it, and when asked "How would you stop Ginobili?", he said "Give him a hard foul or two".

    Trust me, that went over well with the hockey-deprived boys

  22. #72
    Member BostonConnection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)
    Posts
    4,694

    Default Re: Pistons/Spurs Game 3 Thread

    FG Shooting:
    :thepiston 17-39 (.436)
    16-36 (.444)


    3 Pt Shooting:
    :thepiston 0-3 (.000)
    5-8 (.625)


    FT Shooting:
    :thepiston 7-8 (.875)
    5-7 (.714)


    Rebounding:
    :thepiston 18 (6 OFR)
    22 (6 OFR)


    Assists:
    :thepiston 10
    9
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

  23. #73
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,996

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pistons/Spurs Game 3 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by shags
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think they were cheering more because for the first time in 10 quarters somebody put Parker on his ***.
    I thought it was an awfully late cheer, if that's the case. It seemed like it was after they noticed he wasn't getting up.

    (Really not trying to be arguementative.)

  24. #74
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,932

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pistons/Spurs Game 3 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's funny you say that.

    One of our stations had homegrown Jamaal Magloire on it, and when asked "How would you stop Ginobili?", he said "Give him a hard foul or two".

    Trust me, that went over well with the hockey-deprived boys
    Manu is one thing, but Parker CLEARLY gets bothered by physical play. Knock him to the ground a few times, and he'll think twice about his next drive opportunity.....

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  25. #75
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,161

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pistons/Spurs Game 3 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Indytoad for shags, straight up. I'll even throw in a future 1st rounder.
    It's the flat-out truth. If you think the Pistons can beat this team 4 out of 5, without a series-ending injury to Duncan or Manu, you're nuts. I have to question anyone's NBA knowledge who believes that. The Spurs are really exposing the Pistons right now, whether you want to admit it or not.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •