Page 125 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 3273

Thread: NBA 2017 Offseason Thread

Sports Logo

Default Re: NBA 2017 Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bucks waived Spencer Hawes. Any interest there? I'd take him.

Shabazz Muhammad is likely joining the Lakers
    Our PF/C rotation will consiste of Myles/Sabonis/Leaf/AlJeff....we don't really need another Big Man in the rotation...much less Hawes.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Our PF/C rotation will consiste of Myles/Sabonis/Leaf/AlJeff....we don't really need another Big Man in the rotation...much less Hawes.
    I'll give you Myles & Sabonis, but I'm not sold on Leaf or Jefferson. You might as well have added Ike too. I think the front court (center position**) is our biggest weakness on this roster depth wise.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    I'll give you Myles & Sabonis, but I'm not sold on Leaf or Jefferson. You might as well have added Ike too. I think the front court (center position**) is our biggest weakness on this roster depth wise.
    I could care less about AlJeff.....but Leaf? That's the guy that we drafted....he's talent that we have to develop PERIOD.

I can see why you're not sold on him.....I have no clue what to expect from him as well. I have no problem with losing games with him making mistakes AT FIRST, this is expected. We're not winning anything....so if there is a time to develop and evaluate whether Leaf is going to make it or not....it's now.

So to me......our short and long term Frontcourt is Myles/Sabonis/Leaf. Add Ike to the mix as well for the very long term. It's not a good frontcourt....but it's our likely long-term Frontcourt that will hopefully develop more over time ( whether we like it or not ).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    TYoung will be our starting PF.

Hopefully Leaf won't just sit on the bench, we will at least work him in for 5-10 mpg or send him to Fort Wayne.

Sports Logo

Damn....totally forgot about Thad. Okay.......Myles/Thad/Sabonis/Leaf. I am hoping that Leaf can get a consistent run on Fort Wayne for the first couple of months then re-evaluate him by the ASB.....or ideally....consistently get 10 mpg with the rest of the Team.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    People should donate if they can! I live in Houston, and the last week has been hell. Left my place right before it got bad because we weren't sure if it would flood. Went to the in laws home, which got 5 ft of water on almost the entire 5 acre property. Went to my future brother in laws place, which ended up getting flooded after being there for only 12 hours. Then finally got to a home in Fulshear, TX that was safe for all of us (and all 5 of our combined dogs). Was able to get back to my place yesterday, and luckily there is no damage. However, despite what I went through, my situation is a thousand times better than many. The devastation is real down here.

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MUpaceSIC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MUpaceSIC View Post
    People should donate if they can! I live in Houston, and the last week has been hell. Left my place right before it got bad because we weren't sure if it would flood. Went to the in laws home, which got 5 ft of water on almost the entire 5 acre property. Went to my future brother in laws place, which ended up getting flooded after being there for only 12 hours. Then finally got to a home in Fulshear, TX that was safe for all of us (and all 5 of our combined dogs). Was able to get back to my place yesterday, and luckily there is no damage. However, despite what I went through, my situation is a thousand times better than many. The devastation is real down here.
    I'm glad to hear that your house doesn't have any damage and that you and your family was able to make it through this last week in one piece.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

The only time I have ever been able to do actual physical disaster relief work was after storm flooding in Albany GA a couple of decades ago. The losses just from water damage to perfectly intact structures were what struck me most - everything had to be stripped down to studs and joists and asid from the loss of anything plaster or gypsum board none of the hardwood floors or slats could be repurposed due to warping and pervasive mold. It was heartbreaking to strip away what in many cases was the only asset so many of these folks - mostly older and near poverty level - had.
    BillS

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    The only time I have ever been able to do actual physical disaster relief work was after storm flooding in Albany GA a couple of decades ago. The losses just from water damage to perfectly intact structures were what struck me most - everything had to be stripped down to studs and joists and asid from the loss of anything plaster or gypsum board none of the hardwood floors or slats could be repurposed due to warping and pervasive mold. It was heartbreaking to strip away what in many cases was the only asset so many of these folks - mostly older and near poverty level - had.
    Yeah, that much water destroys everything. My in laws house itself only took on a little because it sits on a hill, and will be fine. However, their 5,000 sqFT shop and second garage had 5ft of water, and they lost so much in there. The water hasn't receded yet so they still can't inspect just how bad it is. We had to cut down part of their fence in the back just to get out before the whole property was under. They broke down when went back to check it out Thursday morning. They had planned to list the property for sale in January too in order to get a smaller place that didn't take as much work. It's truly devastating, but luckily they have the attitude that it is just stuff, and are happy none of their family got physically hurt.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MUpaceSIC For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by sav View Post

Hopefully Leaf won't just sit on the bench, we will at least work him in for 5-10 mpg or send him to Fort Wayne.
    I wonder what kind of investment the Pacers have made in Fort Wayne's workout facilities and strength training staff. It seems like all the young players we send there would have a need in that area.

Mood

Huh, Cameron Payne is injured again and possibly worthless in Chicago. According to Joe Cowley of the Sun Times.
    The Bulls might be moving on from Payne, as well, and a source close to the situation explained Thursday why that might be best for the organization.

“We knew the second practice [after he was acquired] that he couldn’t play at [an NBA] level,’’ the source said. “The only reason it took two practices was because we thought maybe it was nerves in the first one."
    http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/s...n-payne-trade/

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    Huh, Cameron Payne is injured again and possibly worthless in Chicago. According to Joe Cowley of the Sun Times.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/s...n-payne-trade/
    I'd see how true this was and offer a second rounder for him

21. The Following User Says Thank You to jrwannabe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sav View Post

Sabonis will be the starting PF, that's the whole purpose of the Paul George trade. Oladipo was not the center piece, Sabonis was. Pritchard wanted toughness and in the press conference, he emphasized how Sabonis embodies that and does all the dirty works not many people are willing to do anymore.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by chungyus View Post
    Sabonis will be the starting PF, that's the whole purpose of the Paul George trade. Oladipo was not the center piece, Sabonis was. Pritchard wanted toughness and in the press conference, he emphasized how Sabonis embodies that and does all the dirty works not many people are willing to do anymore.
    I hope you're right. I think the best starting line up we could put on the floor is Joseph/Oladipo/GRIII/Sabonis and Turner.

Sabonis is not going to be starting PF. At best he will be a solid backup for Turner in the future. The guy may blossom later on but starting over Thad who when healthy averages a double double nightly? Plus close to 40% from 3 pt range?

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

Mood

Thad Young averages a double/double? When? He averaged 6 rebounds a game for the Pacers and only once in his career has he even averaged over 7 rebounds a game. Thad is a nice role player but in no way a double/double machine.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to diamonddave00 For This Useful Post:

I didn't donate money because I don't know where it goes & I want it to go to the people in need...like the poor people who are living in flooded gymnasiums on the bleachers that lost everything. So I decided to donate clothes. I'm sending about 5 pairs of shoes, couple pairs of sandals, several pairs of shorts, polo shirts & t-shirts. Houston gained some Colts & Pacers fans. If you see anyone down there rocking Pacers shorts, Pacers shirts or Colts shirts there's a decent chance it came from me lol. Hopefully everything I'm sending helps the people out.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00 View Post
    Thad Young averages a double/double? When? He averaged 6 rebounds a game for the Pacers and only once in his career has he even averaged over 7 rebounds a game. Thad is a nice role player but in no way a double/double machine.
    Sabonis still has a long way to go to make the same impact as Thad I think.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ichi For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00 View Post
    Still a better player than Sabonis will likely ever be

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Still a better player than Sabonis will likely ever be
    Not sure you can say that after just one season from Sabonis. He played on a playoff team with the ball hog of the century, but he at least showed flashes he can play.

Sabo may start some games but only see it if it's against a team where Thad can start as the 3 which probably isn't many

Mood

I was only pointing out Thad is a good role player not a double/double machine which was stated by the previous poster.

As for who is better long term Thad Young or Domantas Sabonis at this point who really knows? Thad is 29 has played 10 years on basically bad teams posting 13.6 ppg and 5.9 rpg career averages. A solid player but undersized as a pf at 6'8 221, Sabonis is 21 just completed his 1st season is a 6'11 240 pf/c with potential upside, there is room on the team for both currently. But long term Thad has this season and an option year after next season, where does he fit long term?

The Pacers are a re-tooling or rebuilding team label it as you wish, Thad's best value to the team is as a trade piece or a place holder not a long term Pacer. I'm guessing Thad will start this season as long as he is on the team, but for the long term Sabonas, Leaf and Anigbogu need to get minutes too. The Pacers are not a title contender, even most so called experts question if they are even a playoff contender, that will play-out as the season goes on. In the beginning Thad will get major minutes but as the season goes on if this team does indeed struggle mightily, the youth should be played nothing is served by missing the playoffs and playing Thad 30+ minutes a night.

Yeah, that much water destroys everything. My in laws house itself only took on a little because it sits on a hill, and will be fine. However, their 5,000 sqFT shop and second garage had 5ft of water, and they lost so much in there. The water hasn't receded yet so they still can't inspect just how bad it is. We had to cut down part of their fence in the back just to get out before the whole property was under. They broke down when went back to check it out Thursday morning. They had planned to list the property for sale in January too in order to get a smaller place that didn't take as much work. It's truly devastating, but luckily they have the attitude that it is just stuff, and are happy none of their family got physically hurt.

Spent a week in New Orleans after Katrina doing exactly what Bill described. Put on a Hazmat Suit and Respirator and gutted down to studs and ripped out all duct work. Allowed to dry after treating with bleach and then re-built the insides again. Piled trash outside each home was eventually hauled away by city.
    Gonna take years....
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

38. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jrwannabe View Post

I'd see how true this was and offer a second rounder for him

ABSOLUTELY! He can't be worse than Mighty Joe Young. Young has shown nothing since being drafted by the Pacers.