Page 124 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 3280

Thread: NBA 2017 Offseason Thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: NBA 2017 Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ouch.

Probably out of shape again during the off season.

But more serious, what goes on in NO? I have never seen a team with so many injuries

Quote Originally Posted by jrwannabe View Post

But more serious, what goes on in NO? I have never seen a team with so many injuries
    Didn't they recently fire their team doctor?

Offer what we could for a 2 year deal with player option second year. If he thinks he can get more he opts out. Should have atleast tried
    Mavs would match that as well, of course. He can and will get quite a lot more than that.

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports...222723332.html

“That trade from the Lakers basically ended my career and purpose,” Odom told The Vertical. “I was never really myself ever again. Being in L.A., the structure, the people I knew, it hurt leaving. I had great memories with the Lakers, with Kobe and Pau. That was a special time in my life.

“I got traded the season after we lost to Dallas in the playoffs, and I had won Sixth Man of the Year for the team. To trade me after winning Sixth Man of the Year … what else do I got to do? Why?

“I think about it all the time, about how much I had left in the tank. I had issues going on. But barring injury, could I play in the NBA today? I could play. I should still be playing.”

Odom has been public about his issues with drug use, and he makes it clear that he’s blessed to still be living. He had a life-threatening drug overdose in a Las Vegas brothel in October 2015, when he suffered multiple strokes, kidney failure and was in a coma and on life support. Odom recently sat inside Sista Mary’s Soul Food, a restaurant he co-owns with his longtime friend, business partner and confidant Greg Nunn, and made it clear his priorities are his son and daughter now.

At some point, Odom will come full circle in Los Angeles, with plans being discussed for him to sign a contract to retire as a Laker in training camp.

“My family looks forward to me retiring as a Laker more than me,” Odom told The Vertical. “I’m not really emotional about being praised, about signing for a day. I’m shy at the end of the day. For my son, for my family, for my fans, they may enjoy that day. It’s for them.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    I've never liked the guy, but I do hope he's got his life put back together. Especially for his kids. And also so the media stops doing stories about him.
    It's a new day for Pacers Basketball.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So it is the Laker's fault?? It is not like he got traded to Minnesota, Dallas was a good situation.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    That $36M that LAL has is not going to get them LeBron and a Vet's Min player. No way they fit two guys in with that money.

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    That $36M that LAL has is not going to get them LeBron and a Vet's Min player. No way they fit two guys in with that money.
    He's not going there anyways. I wouldn't be surprised to see LBJ on the Clippers or Knicks. Clippers have Blake after all. Who's better than anything LAL has right now.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    And that is why Magic should have given up their 2017 1st round pick to get PG13.

Some Team is going to be stupid enough to take on Deng or Clarkson's contract ( both have 2 more years beyond this season ) and the Lakers 1st round pick.

EDIT - I could be wrong, but the Lakers don't have theri 2018 1st round pick unless it's the #1 or #6 to 30. Ehh....I hope that they are screwed and that no Team will take on Deng or Clarkson.
    Last edited by CableKC; 08-30-2017 at 12:12 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Sports Logo

He's not going there anyways. I wouldn't be surprised to see LBJ on the Clippers or Knicks. Clippers have Blake after all. Who's better than anything LAL has right now.
    I don't think that the Clippers nor the Knicks will have the Cap Space. They spent big this offseason ( Clips - Gallo and Knicks - Hardaway JR ) and/or are saddled with big immoveable contracts ( Knicks - Joakim ).
    Last edited by CableKC; 08-30-2017 at 12:13 AM.

Sports Logo

Keep in mind that we have to re-sign Cory Joseph and also dump Thad.....so some of that $47 mil in Cap space will be used up.

Re-signing CoJo will eat into that.....but my hope is that we trade Thad ( who I think is still a solid asset and can add some solid depth to any Team ) for some smaller but somewhat valuable long-term asset.

But don't think that the Pacers are going to go shopping.....my guess is that KP will continue to use the Cap Space to absorb some Contracts that won't stretch beyond the Summer of 2019 and then go spending then.

On a related topic of the Pacers Cap Space.....it wouldn't surprise me if the Blazers reach out to the Pacers to trade Ed Davis ( Expiring Contract ) + future 1st for a 2nd round pick + Cap Space so that they can help reduce the LT that they owe this season.
    Last edited by CableKC; 08-29-2017 at 11:18 PM.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That is a lot of cap space. Maybe we can get a max player. I heard Paul George is opting out...

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NapTonius Monk For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Portland eats a contract.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Keep in mind that we have to re-sign Cory Joseph and also dump Thad.....so some of that $47 mil in Cap space will be used up.

Re-signing CoJo will eat into that.....but my hope is that we trade Thad ( who I think is still a solid asset and can add some solid depth to any Team ) for some smaller but somewhat valuable long-term asset.

But don't think that the Pacers are going to go shopping.....my guess is that KP will continue to use the Cap Space to absorb some Contracts that won't stretch beyond the Summer of 2019 and then go spending then.

On a related topic of the Pacers Cap Space.....it wouldn't surprise me if the Blazers reach out to the Pacers to trade Ed Davis ( Expiring Contract ) + future 1st for a 2nd round pick + Cap Space so that they can help reduce the LT that they owe this season.

We don't HAVE to re-sign Cory. If there's a better point guard option out there KP is gonna go get it. Joseph is not even a top 15 PG in this league. As for Thad, if he has a great season he's opting out. If he doesn't moving his final year after a strong season shouldn't be hard at all.

Sports Logo

We don't HAVE to re-sign Cory. If there's a better point guard option out there KP is gonna go get it. Joseph is not even a top 15 PG in this league. As for Thad, if he has a great season he's opting out. If he doesn't moving his final year after a strong season shouldn't be hard at all.
    I wasn't suggesting that we should sign him as a Starting PG....but as a high quality Backup PG who would become the 1st or 2nd Guard off the bench.

As for Thad....I hope he does opt out.....or at the very least hope that we trade him before the February trade deadline so that we can get some assets for him in return.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I wasn't suggesting that we should sign him as a Starting PG....but as a high quality Backup PG who would become the 1st or 2nd Guard off the bench.

As for Thad....I hope he does opt out.....or at the very least hope that we trade him before the February trade deadline so that we can get some assets for him in return.

That's always a tough negotiation though. Lots of guys in this league feel they're starter material unless a HIGHLY superior guy is ahead of them. Right now, we don't have a HIGHLY superior point guard to Cory so convincing him to re-sign for backup money might be a tough sell.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/08/30/...-flood-relief/

NBA, NBPA pledge to donate $1 million to Houston flood relief

Hurricane Harvey — now just a tropical storm but no less of a problem — continues to dump rain in southeast Texas, plus is starting to do real damage in parts of Louisiana.

The NBA family continues to find ways to help. Rockets owner Leslie Alexander is donating $10 million to relief, players such as Chris Paul are making donations, and guys such as Gerald Green and Clint Capela who live in Houston are finding ways to help.

The NBA and the players’ union are joining together to help the cause.

View image on Twitter
    View image on Twitter
    Follow
    NBPA ✔ @TheNBPA
    #HoustonStrong
    4:35 PM - Aug 29, 2017 · New York, NY
    9 9 Replies 298 298 Retweets 876 876 likes
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    Good on the two sides for pitching in. It’s going to be a long road for recovery in Houston and the region, and every dollar will help. If you want to pitch in, with any amount you can, follow this link to J.J. Watt’s fundraising efforts, this one to Mayor Sylvester Turner’s relief fund, and there are other worthy organizations on the ground in Houston. Or you can donate to the American Red Cross, which currently has more than 30 shelters open in the region. Every little bit helps.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/08/29/...ugh-hurricane/

Clint Capela talks living in downtown Houston, trying to help people through hurricane

Few of us can imagine what it would be like to be living in Houston right now. The city has been battered by Hurricane Henry with more flooding and problems on the way — lives have been lost, but people have also shown tremendous fortitude and a willingness to help others in need. Houston has seen the gamut of emotions. And the roller coaster is not yet over.

Houston Rockets’ center Clint Capella doesn’t have to imagine life in Houston, he’s been living in his downtown Houston condo through the experience. He’s also tried to help people through social media. He talked about it to Michael C. Wright of ESPN.

“First off, I was just trying to help the people,” Capela told ESPN.com…

“I’ve never seen anything like this,” Capela said. “I’m from Switzerland, and I’ve never seen this before. So I was just trying to help the people, and I saw that it was working pretty good; my help was really effective. So, this is why I started doing this. I’m just showing some love for the city by doing this, by trying to spread the word out, and doing whatever I can to help. Just by spreading the word by Twitter that people need to be rescued, that they’re trapped in their houses, stuff like that. A lot of people have been helped in the streets because of that. I just felt that I could have an impact there, and I was really happy to do that. I’m just happy to see how effective it is….

As the catastrophe has unfolded, Capela said he ventures out every day “to see how much better it gets,” but can’t walk too far because “it’s still flooded.” Near Capela’s building downtown, the water has receded somewhat. But just a couple of blocks away, “it’s still pretty bad.”

Capela asked for people to Tweet at him with their emergency situations, and he would tweet out where people were stranded and – because of his social media reach as an NBA player — he was able to help.

He’s helped, he has done what he can, like so many others in Houston have done.

If you want to help, in any amount you can, follow this link to J.J. Watt’s fundraising efforts, there are other worthy organizations on the ground in Houston, or you can donate to the American Red Cross, which currently has more than 30 shelters open in the region. Every little bit helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    Portland eats a contract.

How did he get that big of a contract? His numbers are worst than LaVoy's

Sports Logo

2016/17 average NBA pace was faster than D'Antoni's SSOL Suns. like it or not the game's a track meet now.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Chicago helps New Orleans dump some salary for a 2nd round pick.

Would anyone be interested in Shabazz Muhammad on the Pacers?

Bucks waived Spencer Hawes. Any interest there? I'd take him.

Shabazz Muhammad is likely joining the Lakers