Page 109 of 109 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109
Results 2,701 to 2,713 of 2713

Thread: NBA 2017 Offseason Thread

Default Re: NBA 2017 Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The fact that a big name like Kyrie has put Minnesota as one of the teams at the top of his list of destinations shows that any city can become a destination if you take risks.
    No, it shows he might be open to playing with KAT and Wiggins, both young stars. It's not so much the city. Cleveland was desirable because of LeBron. He's balding and aging and Kyrie is looking for his next contender in Minnesota.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    No, it shows he might be open to playing with KAT and Wiggins, both young stars. It's not so much the city. Cleveland was desirable because of LeBron. He's balding and aging and Kyrie is looking for his next contender in Minnesota.
    Yea, because I was saying they improved the city...

Yea, because I was saying they improved the city...
    The city or the franchise? Yes, the Minnesota Timberwolves have some good assets. The team is a relatively desirable location on those terms. I doubt he goes there. He may actually have other reasons we don't know about for picking Minnesota and it may have nothing to do with KAT.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Oh, I'm not saying they've been a crafty organization for years, but they sure went for it this year.
    True. I'm just not envious of them because to finally get here they had to be bad for over a decade, get lucky with KAT being KAT, lucky that the Bulls front office lost their minds and gave Jimmy Butler away relatively cheap IMO, and lucky that LeBron went back to CLE while pushing them to acquire Kevin Love, landing them Wiggins. But credit to them to taking advantage this summer.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    True. I'm just not envious of them because to finally get here they had to be bad for over a decade, get lucky with KAT being KAT, the Bulls front office losing their minds and giving Jimmy Butler away relatively cheap IMO, and LeBron going back to CLE while pushing them to acquire Kevin Love, landing them Wiggins. But credit to them to taking advantage this summer.
    I think all this is valid. I just still have this feeling that we got lucky with Myles and PG, so that part was already in place. We just didn't get creative and go the extra mile while we had our Wiggins and KAT so to speak.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ations-clinics

Kevin Durant to make trip to India in effort to boost NBA footprint

Golden State Warriors All-Star Kevin Durant will visit India next Thursday to further fortify the growing popularity of basketball in the country and serve as a coach to some of its top players.

The first order of business for the NBA champ and 2017 Finals MVP will be stopping in New Delhi to donate two new basketball courts to the Ramjas School as part of the Kevin Durant Charity Foundation.

The eight-time All-Star will then travel to the NBA Academy India in Noida. That's where he'll instruct prospects in a series of basketball drills, in addition to conducting a massive youth clinic with approximately 5,000 male and female participants from the Reliance Foundation Jr. NBA program.

The Warriors are introducing personal seat licenses for fans to buy season tickets when the team moves to its new arena in San Francisco in 2019.

Kerr compares KD to Duncan for taking pay cut
    Warriors coach Steve Kerr seems extremely grateful for Kevin Durant's willingness to take less than a max contract, comparing the move to those Tim Duncan made during his 19-year career.

GM credits KD for keeping Warriors' core intact
    Warriors general manager Bob Myers said Friday that Kevin Durant's willingness to take a pay cut and sign a team-friendly two-year deal enabled the organization to keep the core of its championship team together.
    Durant, who last month led the Warriors to their second championship in three years by defeating the Cleveland Cavaliers in five games while averaging 35.2 points, 8.2 rebounds and 5.4 assists, will be the first active NBA player to visit the academy.

"I'm excited to travel to India to help promote the game of basketball and meet the prospects at the NBA Academy India," Durant said. "I've wanted to visit India for a long time, and I can't wait to experience the country's unique culture and share my knowledge with the kids there."

NBA India managing director Yannick Colaco offered his thoughts on the superstar's upcoming visit.

"We are thrilled to host 2017 Finals MVP Kevin Durant in India," Colaco said. "Kevin is coming off an historic season with the Golden State Warriors. Having one of the very best players in our league interact with the basketball-playing youth of India will serve as great inspiration to the next generation of players here, especially the high-performing prospects at the NBA Academy India."

The NBA Academy India, which opened in May, "employs a holistic, 360-degree approach to player development with focuses on education, leadership, character development and life skills," according to an official release. "As part of the program, the students compete against top competition throughout the year and have an opportunity to be selected for travel teams that play in international tournaments and exhibition games."

The Reliance Foundation Jr. NBA program has reached upward of 6 million youth and trained more than 5,000 physical education instructors nationwide since launching in 2013.

John Wall is signing his new contract

https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/sta...77637261561856
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

https://twitter.com/urbodo/status/888140677216968704

I find this curious. Sabonis was slated to play summer league but didn't becuase of the trade. He is a reserve on this roster as currently constructed. Why not get some more high level experience?
    "He's a strong physical presence out there on both ends of the court. He's a man. There's a reason he was an All-Star." -- Vogel on David West

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Willbo View Post

I find this curious. Sabonis was slated to play summer league but didn't becuase of the trade. He is a reserve on this roster as currently constructed. Why not get some more high level experience?
    I would imagine that they want him to spend time learning the offense and defense, so he can be ready for training camp.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    John Wall is signing his new contract

https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/sta...77637261561856
    Definitely incentivized to stay, but it's still nice to see some loyalty from star players.

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    Definitely incentivized to stay, but it's still nice to see some loyalty from star players.
    Well for now a lot can change in 4 years(at this rate 4 months)

But I'm sure those millions helped. Plus with LeBron aging and the Cavs possibly not being a threat the Wizards chances of contending slightly improved.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Willbo View Post

High level experience isn't an issue for Sabonis. He's already played heavy minutes as a rookie in OKC.

What the Pacers want presumably is to get him acclimated to his new team and his role in the upcoming season. There is also the risk of injury which is always a point of contention between NBA teams and international players. Sabonis backing out sucks for the Lithuanian NT but is probably a good thing for the Pacers.

FWIW, the Pacers can't actually bar any player from playing with their national team, but they can certainly persuade and it appears that they were successful in this case.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    High level experience isn't an issue for Sabonis. He's already played heavy minutes as a rookie in OKC.

What the Pacers want presumably is to get him acclimated to his new team and his role in the upcoming season. There is also the risk of injury which is always a point of contention between NBA teams and international players. Sabonis backing out sucks for the Lithuanian NT but is probably a good thing for the Pacers.

FWIW, the Pacers can't actually bar any player from playing with their national team, but they can certainly persuade and it appears that they were successful in this case.
    Im not a fan of coercing people who want to represent their country into dropping out of international tournaments. In the big picture not a massive issue, but its something he has mentioned is important to him in the past so I would hope this is a 'oncer' given the perculiar circumstances of the offseason and not a matter of course under Pritchard.

Personally think he just needs to play, not convinced he has maxed out his ability to benefit from experience after one season in the league.
    "He's a strong physical presence out there on both ends of the court. He's a man. There's a reason he was an All-Star." -- Vogel on David West