Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: 2017 Summer League

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2017 Summer League

I can't believe Ike Diogu is still trying to get back in the league.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's a fun event for the fans. That's all it is. None of this carries over.
    I would venture to say that while playing well in SL is pretty much a useless indicator, playing BADLY should be a legitimate source of concern.
    BillS

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't buy into Summer League stats being much of a harbinger of things to come, but you can glean some good stuff from Summer League. It's grown a lot over the years.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I watch guys moves and motions and tendencies, find the guys with advanced skill sets. You can see that in summer league or anywhere.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Woodslanger in action any minute now...

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    Ball's gonna be really really good. Bron and PG are gonna love playing with him. Then add in Kuzman and Thomas Bryant and I'm really liking what they did in the draft.
    Lonzo is showing a high talent level. I am pretty impressed. I kind of wanted him to bust wide open so the Lakers wouldn't be as attractive to Paul George. But Lonzo is the real deal IMO.

However, part of his effectiveness is that he's outworking guys too. He's both talented and a hard working player. I'm not sure all of that will translate. I don't believe he will dominate like he has in part of the summer league. He will not be able to go in and take the ball away like he has at times. NBA vets will not allow some of that. But he has the chance to be a special Jason Kidd type of a player who can also shoot.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

This summer league thing is pretty good.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Lonzo is showing a high talent level. I am pretty impressed. I kind of wanted him to bust wide open so the Lakers wouldn't be as attractive to Paul George. But Lonzo is the real deal IMO.

However, part of his effectiveness is that he's outworking guys too. He's both talented and a hard working player. I'm not sure all of that will translate. I don't believe he will dominate like he has in part of the summer league. He will not be able to go in and take the ball away like he has at times. NBA vets will not allow some of that. But he has the chance to be a special Jason Kidd type of a player who can also shoot.
    So people just now learning how good Lonzo is? I've known for months this board is low on him but didn't think summer league would change that. Best player in this class, should've gone #1. Franchise player, safest pick since LeBron. - as mentioned on here several times. Majority of this board would have picked Josh jackson over Lonzo had we had the chance. Smh

Orlando Summer League is so bad though. At least Utah & Vegas are game atmospheres. They need to open the Orlando SL up to the public or something. Or Pacers need to get out of it.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    So people just now learning how good Lonzo is? I've known for months this board is low on him but didn't think summer league would change that. Best player in this class, should've gone #1. Franchise player, safest pick since LeBron. - as mentioned on here several times. Majority of this board would have picked Josh jackson over Lonzo had we had the chance. Smh
    Not really. I had not seen much of him until now so I am no bellwether. Also, this is summer league so you might take a chill pill. I thought he had some nice games, great awareness, etc. I'm not saying he will not be a great player, but he's not the safest pick since LeBron. Not even close.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Slowly removing LA Lakers twitter writers from twitter as I can't stand their Lonzo ball BJ every hour and every second of the day
    Doing the same for those that are telling us what kind of shoes he is wearing every f***** game.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Mood

Orlando Summer League is so bad though. At least Utah & Vegas are game atmospheres. They need to open the Orlando SL up to the public or something. Or Pacers need to get out of it.
    Yes, you can't get a good feel for the games or the players in Orlando.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, I mean I'm cool with the Pacers playing the Orlando Summer League, but I really wish they would also jump in the Vegas SL as well. Miami does that; I know Utah plays in their SL and Vegas. With as big as Vegas SL is getting, I'd really like to see the Pacers involved.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

I'm pretty sure I've read before that the Pacers prefer the Orlando summer league precisely because there's no hoopla around it. It's just barebones basketball and scouting.

Mood

All the teams should play in Vegas.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've read before that the Pacers prefer the Orlando summer league precisely because there's no hoopla around it. It's just barebones basketball and scouting.
    maybe, but not a whole lotta scouting to get done when the Orlando league's dead and everybody's going to Vegas.

besides. it's the damn Summer League. nobody's actually scouting that **** like they're gonna learn something new.

Stokes and Swaningan (Summer League twin towers at about 6'7") on the way to the finals...

edit: on another note, with Orlando summer league at least you know the number of games you are getting ahead of time...lots of injuries and deep bench players as the LV league goes on...seems like a waste of time at a certain point...
    Last edited by dal9; 07-16-2017 at 08:05 PM.

Sports Logo

As much as I hate the guy's dad, Lonzo Ball is going to be an incredible basketball player in the NBA.

Watch Whit stick with the Spurs and be a solid backup. LOL

Being a Spartan, I'm impressed with the numbers Forbes is putting up

Lonzo hiding from Jorge Gutierrez now...