Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 58

Thread: PG wants to play with Gordon Hayward ?

  1. #1
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    8,114

    Default PG wants to play with Gordon Hayward ?

    Paul George-Gordon Hayward-Celtics rumor doesn’t add up

    Paul George reportedly wants to play with Gordon Hayward. George is also reportedly willing to join his desired team (universally accepted to be the Lakers) by means that don’t guarantee the highest salary.

    Could the Celtics – who are pursuing Hayward in free agency – leverage those conditions into getting George?

    Adam Kauffman of 98.5 The Sports Hub:

    Adam Kaufman ✔ @AdamMKaufman
    Take this FWIW: Hearing #Celtics in position to deal 4 George with 3-yr ext in place, but will depend on signing Hayward 1st. Lotsa dominos.
    7:32 AM - 23 Jun 2017
    1,787 1,787 Retweets 1,930 1,930 likes

    I don’t what George would do, but it’d be a MAJOR financial disadvantage to go this route.

    There a couple ways it could happen – George getting extended-and-trade or George getting traded then signing an extension six months later. The latter would allow George to earn more than the former, but even if he pledged to sign an extension, would the Celtics trade for him knowing he’d have six months to change his mind if he doesn’t like Boston as much as anticipated?

    There’s a bigger issue, anyway. Both extension routes would leave George earning far less than simply letting his contract expire then signing a new deal, either with his incumbent team or a new one.

    Here’s a representation of how much George could earn by:

    Letting his contract expire and re-signing (green)
    Letting his contract expire and signing elsewhere (purple)
    Getting traded and signing an extension six months later (gray)
    Signing an extend-and-trade (yellow)


    Expire & re-sign Expire & leave Trade, extend later Extend-and-trade
    2018-19 $30.6 million $30.6 million $23,410,750 $23,410,750
    2019-20 $33.0 million $32.1 million $25,283,610 $24,581,287
    2020-21 $35.5 million $33.7 million $27,156,470 $25,751,825
    2021-22 $37.9 million $35.2 million $29,029,330
    2022-23 $40.4 million
    Total $177.5 million $131.6 million $104,880,158 $73,743,861
    Firm numbers are used when it’s just a calculation based on George’s current contract. When necessary to project the 2018-19 salary cap, I rounded.

    The Celtics could theoretically renegotiate-and-extend, but that would require cap room that almost certainly wouldn’t exist after signing Hayward.

    Simply, it’s next to impossible to see this happening. It’d be too costly to George.
    Wow...WTF why cant we bring Gordon here ? Wow


    https://sports.yahoo.com/paul-george...185024671.html
    Sittin on top of the world!

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    DONCIC 2018 PacersHomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8,937

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: PG wants to play with Gordon Hayward ?

    Because Gordon wants to win and play for Brad Stevens.

  4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    8,114

    Default Re: PG wants to play with Gordon Hayward ?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because Gordon wants to win and play for Brad Stevens.
    I feel ya,

    but I never knew (assuming this is real) that PG wanted to play with Gordon H

    It sounds like that's why he would forgo the Fakers to play with GH and why there talking 3 year deal


    This, potentially could open more doors....GH is FA, we don't know if its he wants Boston or not, but man this could be big
    Sittin on top of the world!

  6. #4
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    17,400

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: PG wants to play with Gordon Hayward ?

    He probably doesn't want to come here.

    If he did, I'd assume we would have heard it by now. I could be wrong though

  7. #5
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35,161

    Default Re: PG wants to play with Gordon Hayward ?

    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    17,400

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: PG wants to play with Gordon Hayward ?

    This is all kinda crazy lol

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  11. #7
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    8,114

    Default Re: PG wants to play with Gordon Hayward ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He probably doesn't want to come here.

    If he did, I'd assume we would have heard it by now. I could be wrong though
    Probably not, but if that's the reason PG is considering signing an extension with Boston, good info no?
    Sittin on top of the world!

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:


  13. #8
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    8,114

    Default Re: PG wants to play with Gordon Hayward ?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whats your point of that gif?

    That's its laughable that PG wants to play with GH , or that GH would ever consider playing here?

    Please enlighten me
    Sittin on top of the world!

  14. #9
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,956

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: PG wants to play with Gordon Hayward ?

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whats your point of that gif?

    That's its laughable that PG wants to play with GH , or that GH would ever consider playing here?

    Please enlighten me
    Laughable he'd want to play in Indy.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:


  16. #10
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,573
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: PG wants to play with Gordon Hayward ?

    He didn't get traded last night and today he's open to playing in Boston. IMPO the longer this takes and the closer we get to camp, the more teams he will consider acceptable.
    Ever notice how friendly folks are at a shootin' range??.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to indygeezer For This Useful Post:


  18. #11
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    36
    Posts
    35,161

    Default Re: PG wants to play with Gordon Hayward ?

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whats your point of that gif?

    That's its laughable that PG wants to play with GH , or that GH would ever consider playing here?

    Please enlighten me
    The whole PG thing is just a big joke
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:


  20. #12
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    17,400

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: PG wants to play with Gordon Hayward ?

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Probably not, but if that's the reason PG is considering signing an extension with Boston, good info no?
    Great info. Would also make it all the more disappointing that Hayward doesn't want to play in Indy (assuming thats the case)

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  22. #13
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    8,114

    Default Re: PG wants to play with Gordon Hayward ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great info. Would also make it all the more disappointing that Hayward doesn't want to play in Indy (assuming thats the case)
    It might be, but I don't think its "Indy" more likely Boston got a better squad and better coach
    Sittin on top of the world!

  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:


  24. #14
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,243

    Default Re: PG wants to play with Gordon Hayward ?

    PG could sign here if Hayward came here and get supermax money. Of course he won't but its a thought.
    I hope Hayward turns down Boston and PG goes to San Antonio or Portland
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  25. #15
    Pacer fan since 1993 Ragnar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Age
    45
    Posts
    7,092

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: PG wants to play with Gordon Hayward ?

    OK Kevin you really want to make Pacer nation happy go out sign Hayward then trade PG to whoever will probably have the worst record next year just NOT the Lakers

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ragnar For This Useful Post:


  27. #16

    Default Re: PG wants to play with Gordon Hayward ?

    I dont give a **** what PG wants anymore. I want to send him to the Mad Ants.

  28. #17
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,243

    Default Re: PG wants to play with Gordon Hayward ?

    If Hayward signs then the Pacers better milk that for all its worth because they are cooking their own goose by sending him to Boston.

    That means a high first, young player to develope and a player
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  29. #18
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    17,400

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: PG wants to play with Gordon Hayward ?

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It might be, but I don't think its "Indy" more likely Boston got a better squad and better coach
    Of course. Thats actually what I was saying.

    Gordon doesn't strike me as a guy that doesn't want to play in a specific location. He just wants to play for a winner and be competitive. The pacers dont give him the best options to do that right now

  30. #19

    Default Re: PG wants to play with Gordon Hayward ?

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow...WTF why cant we bring Gordon here ? Wow


    https://sports.yahoo.com/paul-george...185024671.html
    Because despite actually being from the area even he knows the Pacers settle for mediocrity.

    That being said I'll believe this when I see it about PG actually signing long term with Boston. Saying he's considering it doesn't really mean much at this point in time.

    It would be the only way Boston would take him though I think they don't want a "rental"

  31. #20
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    4,325
    Mood

    Default Re: PG wants to play with Gordon Hayward ?

    What if KP finds a trade for Ellis and does a buy out on Al. Then signs Hayward, trades Thad + picks for Aldridge, resigns Teague... do you think Paul would stay and sign an extension?

    Turner
    Aldridge
    Hayward
    PG
    Teague
    Garbage players get 1st round picks, (WTF)! All of the NBA must hate the Pacers! LOL

  32. #21
    Member RWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,899

    Default Re: PG wants to play with Gordon Hayward ?

    Do you ever listen to your spouse, partner, family, or friend? Do they ever have an influence (not final decision) on your thought process? This idea that Hayward would not look at the Pacers defies common sense. Having said that, of course you do have your George Hill's of the world.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  33. #22

    Default Re: PG wants to play with Gordon Hayward ?

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you ever listen to your spouse, partner, family, or friend? Do they ever have an influence (not final decision) on your thought process? This idea that Hayward would not look at the Pacers defies common sense. Having said that, of course you do have your George Hill's of the world.
    Listen is one thing maybe even have some influence but some people think that alone would pull Gordon Hayward here and I don't buy it.

    He's already on a playoff team if he's going elsewhere besides for $$$ it would be a better shot at a title.

    The Eastern Conference is a much easier path than the Western Conference for him. And as much as I dislike all things Boston they are much closer to a title than we are plus they have his former college coach he appears close to(people seem to ignore this connection around here when talking about bringing him home)

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:


  35. #23
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    5,169
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: PG wants to play with Gordon Hayward ?

    Honestly, I really don't want PG in a pacers uniform anymore, whether Gordon is here or not.

    So wish we would have traded him at the last trade deadline, oh well.
    Why so SERIOUS

  36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:


  37. #24
    Member sav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North Central Indiana
    Posts
    3,628

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: PG wants to play with Gordon Hayward ?

    Hayward and PG with the Pacers would be at least an ECF team. Depending on how much Turner improves and who else we have, we could make the Finals. If PG would have stayed, I don't know why Hayward would not have considered coming to the Pacers.
    Last edited by sav; 06-23-2017 at 08:46 PM.

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to sav For This Useful Post:


  39. #25

    Default Re: PG wants to play with Gordon Hayward ?

    Smh, some of you guys still want PG to stay? I get that he is quite possibly the best player the Pacers have had, but HE DOES NOT WANT TO BE HERE and has ACTIVELY tried to hurt the franchise's leverage and potential returns on the way out. He has to go.

  40. The Following User Says Thank You to 3rdStrike For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •