Thread: Anyone have a clue....

Default Anyone have a clue....

As to whome Indiana is looking at in the draft? I don't mean, Rashad McCants just because Chad Ford thinks it's cute. I mean, an actual factual target? I know Indiana has worked some people out and I'm just wondering which way the Pacers will go. I'm still having a hard time figuring it out. I see alot of players that would be nice here, but none of them knock my socks off. I'm just curious to what ya'll think.

Sports Logo

Default Re: Anyone have a clue....

No one can ever figure out who Donnie wants to take. Its pointless if you get a good idea from people in the know you will still not be finding out. Remember everyone thought we were taking Rush but we took Jones.

I secretly still want Rush.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

To be honest, I'm not putting much stock into the draft, because I fully expect us to move the pick.
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

But where's the fun in that?

I just hope wherever we send the pick, it doesn't end up with the Lakers.

I think we will take a European. Bird spent a lot of time over there scouting so he knows the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Fig Newton
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As to whome Indiana is looking at in the draft? I don't mean, Rashad McCants just because Chad Ford thinks it's cute. I mean, an actual factual target? I know Indiana has worked some people out and I'm just wondering which way the Pacers will go. I'm still having a hard time figuring it out. I see alot of players that would be nice here, but none of them knock my socks off. I'm just curious to what ya'll think.
    DW and LB keep the smoke screen up whenever the draft rolls around...always have, always will. Experts can't decide who the Pacers are going to take, and in their offices LB and DW and saying "good...that's how we want it"

I for our sake hope we don't trade our pick this year, because I have the feeling that whoever we get with 17 will be an impact player down the road....just a gut feeling based on the competitiveness of this year's draft class. I think that LB and DW know who they really really want, and if he falls off the board before we pick, they'll try to move the pick before it is chosen. There are several players we could get at 17 that could fill a role with the Pacers (especially of we move Pollard and someone else over the summer).

The only fuel for picking up McCants would be to fill more seats...he's a bit undersized for my liking, and I really don't see him ever in his career matching up even in the same league against Rip or DWade, the 2 shooting guards in our way of getting to the finals. He may surprise me, because he has potential, but based on his play last year (which doesn't mean all that much) I don't see him being an impact player for us with our current cast.

As far as the international guys go, I keep hearing that Fernandez and others are going to pull out of the draft, rather than be drafted and play overseas for another year or two before coming over.

I could see Bird really liking Danny Granger, so I could see a trade possibly being made with someone to move up and try to pick him. But, his stock is skyrocketing, so it may not be feasible.

Feasible picks at 17:
    Wayne Simien, Charlie Villanueva, Jarrett Jack, Francisco Garcia, Julius Hodge, or Eric Williams (7'4 wingspan...)
    Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team. -- Scottie Pippen

As I said earlier, the only draft picks we've made in the last 10 years that anybody came close to guessing were Cro and Travis.

I guess you could throw Damon Bailey in there, too.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    As I said earlier, the only draft picks we've made in the last 10 years that anybody came close to guessing were Cro and Travis.

I guess you could throw Damon Bailey in there, too.
    What about Hulk? I distincly remember an ESPN mock that had Indy taking Harrison.

Mood

I have these....

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by jcouts
    DW and LB keep the smoke screen up whenever the draft rolls around...always have, always will. Experts can't decide who the Pacers are going to take, and in their offices LB and DW and saying "good...that's how we want it"

I for our sake hope we don't trade our pick this year, because I have the feeling that whoever we get with 17 will be an impact player down the road....just a gut feeling based on the competitiveness of this year's draft class. I think that LB and DW know who they really really want, and if he falls off the board before we pick, they'll try to move the pick before it is chosen. There are several players we could get at 17 that could fill a role with the Pacers (especially of we move Pollard and someone else over the summer).

The only fuel for picking up McCants would be to fill more seats...he's a bit undersized for my liking, and I really don't see him ever in his career matching up even in the same league against Rip or DWade, the 2 shooting guards in our way of getting to the finals. He may surprise me, because he has potential, but based on his play last year (which doesn't mean all that much) I don't see him being an impact player for us with our current cast.

As far as the international guys go, I keep hearing that Fernandez and others are going to pull out of the draft, rather than be drafted and play overseas for another year or two before coming over.

I could see Bird really liking Danny Granger, so I could see a trade possibly being made with someone to move up and try to pick him. But, his stock is skyrocketing, so it may not be feasible.

Feasible picks at 17:
    Wayne Simien, Charlie Villanueva, Jarrett Jack, Francisco Garcia, Julius Hodge, or Eric Williams (7'4 wingspan...)

After last years shenanigans I'm totally convinced that LB DW have either found another gemn they will try to move up to get, or they have decided there ain't nobody worth trying for and will move the pick. Either way...they will use draft day to try to make us significantly better, because they know we can;t do it thru free agency.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

It's easy to pick who the Pacers will pick with their first pick. Look at the mock draft's, find the ones that make the most sense, and it won't be any of them.

Not bashing, it's just that the Pacers brass seems to have their own ideas of what is a good player for their pick when their turn comes. I'm happy with Freddie, Hulk, Tinsley, Foster, and even Primos to name a few. None of them I had figured for the Pacers pick.

I think Danny Granger would be a great pick for us, we are a little thin at the SF, you can make the arguement for Austin Croshere, but he is just NOT GOOD. Granger probably the best all around player in this year's draft, and IF we trade Artest (PLEASE, IN THE NAME OF GOD NO!!!) He could step right up into the starting lineup. But i do think we have to move up to get this dude. I don't no we have to Reach up to the 17th to get Fransico Garcia, that's way too high. Taft is a good talent, i wouldn't mind him at the 17th, again, I don't no if he will last this long. I would take May over Simien, but Simien got a better mid range game. Charlie Villanueva, I hate him, i wouldn't pick him unless Pacers are trying to get the ugliest player on the other side of Sam Cassell. Heres just my 2 cents.

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by wooolus
    I think Danny Granger would be a great pick for us, we are a little thin at the SF, you can make the arguement for Austin Croshere, but he is just NOT GOOD. Granger probably the best all around player in this year's draft, and IF we trade Artest (PLEASE, IN THE NAME OF GOD NO!!!) He could step right up into the starting lineup. But i do think we have to move up to get this dude. I don't no we have to Reach up to the 17th to get Fransico Garcia, that's way too high. Taft is a good talent, i wouldn't mind him at the 17th, again, I don't no if he will last this long. I would take May over Simien, but Simien got a better mid range game. Charlie Villanueva, I hate him, i wouldn't pick him unless Pacers are trying to get the ugliest player on the other side of Sam Cassell. Heres just my 2 cents.

i think james jones might have a little something to say about all this talk about the sf slot...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't think Danny Granger is going to be there when we pick.

I will say that we are going to get
    1.Joey Grahm
    2.Luther Head

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

im just really hoping we trade up to get martell webster

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    I will say that we are going to get
    1.Joey Grahm
    2.Luther Head
    I'd be shocked if Graham's still there at 17.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Trade for that #3 with Portland... say how about sign and trade with DD?

Quote Originally Posted by wooolus
    Trade for that #3 with Portland... say how about sign and trade with DD?
    :/