Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nets @ Pistons Game 2 Thread

Default Re: Nets @ Pistons Game 2 Thread

.........excuse me? 175 posts and you call ME a troll? lol
    Don't be childish, man. Post count means nothing in terms of trolling. And it doesn't give you "rank" over someone with less than you. If you really believed that, then you would gladly STFU whenever I asked because I have about 10,000 more than you. But I won't, because that's stupid.

And you're right, after over TWO YEARS on Indystar/PD I'm going to leave and never come back if my team loses to Indy. .
    Well, you were the one who liked to brag on how we were gonna be your next "victim" back when you were on your 13 win streak, and it's funny how you did a 180 soon after we beat you, as you later gave up on your team entirely. That's kind of pathetic.

Its not like I have to justify myself anyhow. You know what, Charles, I think YOU'RE a troll.....
    No, he's not.

More importantly, Kstat, is that it's time you realized that many on here have grown tired of you lately because just about any post you've made for a while has either been a homer-Pistons post (they're better than you at this, or that, or they don't foul, or they don't get calls ever, or if they did it was because of some excuse, blah blah blah), something to shoot down any pro-Pacers posts (this is where you've become Mr. Discrediter whenever someone tries to say something really positive about our team that might "threaten" Detroit), or you've in some cases responded to a poor taste post with equally poor taste in response as if that's OK.

So until this changes, don't expect a lot of friendly chat around here.

I'm apologizing now for the above post, but I think you're not realising it's going on that way, and someone needed to point it out.

I think although you guys won't admit it, you really, REALLY don't like the idea of facing Detroit in the ECF, and you guys are rooting HEAVILY for the Nets..
    Oh, I'll admit it. There's no question about Pacers v. Nets... we'd win. Pacers v. Detroit could honestly go either way.

I honestly think that the Pistons will be the hardest team we play this year. It would be far easier for us to defeat the Kings and Wolves, and a little easier for us to defeat the Spurs.

For the first time in a long time, the NBA Finals are really the Eastern Conference Finals.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

PistonsDynasty

I think it was a VERY telling sign that this thread was busy as hell in the first half, and in the second half all of a sudden everyone lost interest, until Indytoad gave you guys some inspiration.....I think although you guys won't admit it, you really, REALLY don't like the idea of facing Detroit in the ECF, and you guys are rooting HEAVILY for the Nets..
    when the pacers upset the pistons in the eastern conference finals I doubt you'll be seen trolling over here on a 24/7 basis like you are now...
    Hello, I don't post that much but huh I've been on this site since it started (I think). Is it possible to post on another teams board and not be a troll? Is it a crime to talk with other basketball fans that aren't fans of your team??

How about you calm down and chill-out.

P.S. The Pacers are going to upset the Pistons?? Aren't the Pacers the #1 team in the NBA?? Don't the Pacers have homecourt advantage??

P.S. The Pacers are going to upset the Pistons?? Aren't the Pacers the #1 team in the NBA?? Don't the Pacers have homecourt advantage??
    So you think if your team wins it will be called an upset?

I don't think it would be an upset either way. It's a toss up in my opinion.

sweabs

More importantly, Kstat, is that it's time you realized that many on here have grown tired of you lately because just about any post you've made for a while has either been a homer-Pistons post (they're better than you at this, or that, or they don't foul, or they don't get calls ever, or if they did it was because of some excuse, blah blah blah), something to shoot down any pro-Pacers posts (this is where you've become Mr. Discrediter whenever someone tries to say something really positive about our team that might "threaten" Detroit), or you've in some cases responded to a poor taste post with equally poor taste in response as if that's OK.

Thank you - my thoughts exactly .

Thank you - my thoughts exactly .
    I'm shocked.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hey, you want to become psoter child for the homers here Hicks, fine with me. Name ONE thread that i've unfairly "shot down" that wasnt a ridiculous idea to begin with. I think you very obviously overlook everyone else and point me out, because i'm a different fan than everyone else here. But mind you, in all your homerism, you don't realize that you are JUST as guilty of what you are accusing me of, along with %80 of the pacer fans on this board. But hey, I don't expect you guys to sell each other out, its just the way things are. Obviously, whe a ridiculous homer-pacers thread starts, im going to be the ONLY one to disagree with it, so i'm going to be pointed out as the "hater." Oh well, thats life.

Guess what, I have my own opinion, and I resent being called a troll by people who do nothing but whine like little children because I have the NERVE to root for my own team....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

I remember a lot of the posts made when Detroit had a 13 game winning streak going over December/January.
    We would not stand a chance, we would be #14 and so on.

Fact? we trashed Detroit, annihilated them, goodbye streak.

Pacers are simply the better team, JO has no problem whatsoever with Rasheed, he has put up at least his average against him every time he played him, except the one game against Detroit where he was limping.
    SO let me get this straight: Your win over us, which came when we were winding up out toughest stretch of the season, and were VISIBLY tired, counts, but our win over you, when JO (i might add he looked fine BEFORE and AFTER the game, doesnt? If I'm going to be called out for homerism, this is pure hypocracy.

As NJ is playing now, Pacers would trash them to.
    And im sure this has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with Detroit...... .

Don't think for a second that the 1 -2 -3 JO - Artest - Harrington (or whoever, plays the 3d person) can not beat Detroit, they can have them for breakfast and still take on a nifty lunch.
    Yeah, JO and Harrington sure had us for dinner last game.....oh, i forgot, that game doesn't count, but your three wins vs us are gospel..I see how it is.

I see you gleefully overlooked this post too Hicks. Oh, I'm sorry, am I being a homer again?

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Do you enjoy calling people homers just after they accuse you of the same thing? Because you've done that before, not to mention just now. You are a Pistons homer. That's fine. The problem is you deny this.

You call me a homer, fine. But don't think for one second your any less of one for the Pistons. You act like you are the voice of reason some times, that you are always 'fair and balanced', but you are not. You do know that just because someone disagrees with your opinion doesn't make them a homer, right? Yet you seem to.

Everyone step back from their computer, take a deep breath and relax.

Now repeat after me: It's just an internet message board...it's just an internet message board...

I see you gleefully overlooked this post too Hicks. Oh, I'm sorry, am I being a homer again?
    When did I say the other side was always right?

Everyone step back from their computer, take a deep breath and relax.

Now repeat after me: It's just an internet message board...it's just an internet message board...

Do you enjoy calling people homers just after they accuse you of the same thing? Because you've done that before, not to mention just now. You are a Pistons homer. That's fine. The problem is you deny this.

You call me a homer, fine. But don't think for one second your any less of one for the Pistons. You act like you are the voice of reason some times, that you are always 'fair and balanced', but you are not. You do know that just because someone disagrees with your opinion doesn't make them a homer, right? Yet you seem to.
    Oh, I never denied being a Pistons fan. I would bet good money that I have said more positive things about the pacers here, than ANYONE here has said about the Pistons, except maybe UB. And IndyToad doesn't count, he's just insane.

And yes, when someone unfairly accuses me of something i will gladly do the same in return.

And yes, when someone unfairly accuses me of something i will gladly do the same in return.
    What specifically do you think was unfairly said of you? And why does that make it OK to return the favor? Two wrongs don't make a right.

I NEVER see you correcting anyone else Hicks..its always me. I don't see you getting on NewYawk's case, except when he's annoying you with something, and he is by FAR the biggest homer here. Able is a close second, dont get me wrong i like the guy, and i usually take his stuff with a grain of salt, but i am definately offended that I get pointed out here.

I NEVER see you correcting anyone else Hicks..its always me. I don't see you getting on NewYawk's case, except when he's annoying you with something, and he is by FAR the biggest homer here. Able is a close second, dont get me wrong i like the guy, and i usually take his stuff with a grain of salt, but i am definately offended that I get pointed out here.
    Yawk has been warned, and able is a Pacers homer (and that's fine). You seemed to go over board lately, and it stood out. I wasn't the only one to notice it. Bottom line is I'm not picking on you, but I know it feels that way to you.

Oh, go look in the pub on the movie thread. Hicks is on the warpath today. Either that, or he's PMSing.

Either that, or he's PMSing.
    Enough of that, por favor.

What? Lighten up, man.

What? Lighten up, man.
    I'm plently light; it just not always funny.

What? Lighten up, man.
    I'm plently light; it just not always funny.
    That was funny. And I was just demonstrating to Kstat in a cheeky way that he isn't being singled out.