Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nets @ Pistons Game 2 Thread

Default Re: Nets @ Pistons Game 2 Thread

What got NJ in trouble is their horrible passing out of double teams. Their passes seemed to be right to a Piston player every time. Everything escalated from there.

I just want to see if anyone can show me how you guys are going into this series with any shred of hope, especially after how badly NJ -who's at least Indy's equal- is getting spanked this badly.
    Jersey is at least Indy's equal? Jersey was lucky to be the #3 team in the conference.

Sure, the Pistons are a better team now than they were early in the season. But so are the Pacers. I can't see the EC Finals going to any less than 6 games, although I can't predict a winner right now.

I'll tell you this: we have a much better chance of beating the Pistons than the Nets do.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hmmm, so the Pacers are the only the third team to beat their playoff opponets five straight times by double digits to start the playoffs and we're not worthy anymore. ed:

I hope people don't say "Well the Celtics are the worst playoff team in years, and Miami is young, and they're not going to have the legs to compete in this series."

We earned the right to play crappier teams, ie Boston, to start the playoffs due to our regular season.

We have two all stars, the deepest bench in the playoffs, and are very well coached. It'll be a great series, and we've got homecourt.
    You certainly have earned the right to have a nice little cakewalk to the ECF...just don't expect anyone to get real excited over you beating Boston and Miami. Detroit/NJ is the only east series that gets any real pub right now, and rightfully so.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Southside_Pacer

Hmmm, so the Pacers are the only the third team to beat their playoff opponets five straight times by double digits to start the playoffs and we're not worthy anymore. ed:

I hope people don't say "Well the Celtics are the worst playoff team in years, and Miami is young, and they're not going to have the legs to compete in this series."

We earned the right to play crappier teams, ie Boston, to start the playoffs due to our regular season.

We have two all stars, the deepest bench in the playoffs, and are very well coached. It'll be a great series, and we've got homecourt.
    You certainly have earned the right to have a nice little cakewalk to the ECF...just don't expect anyone to get real excited over you beating Boston and Miami. Detroit/NJ is the only east series that gets any real pub right now, and rightfully so.
    I said that before the second round began that NJ/Det would get more interest on a national level than Ind/Miami. Although the press that NJ/Det is getting right now is claiming that it's the most boring playoff series ever. Not that it's a bad thing, cause defense is a good thing. But to the outsiders, they're hating it.

In return, beating Milwaukee wasn't all that exciting just like beating Boston wasn't.

If the Pistons had had Rasheed all season, they'd be the ones playing Miami right now, and I have no doubt they would have the same streak we do. And I'm also pretty sure we wouldn't have blown out NJ twice in a row.

You may not want to hear it, but it's true. These series' won't mean anything unless the P's lose.

I'll agree on two counts, but the Pacers' bench is highly overrated. Detroit's is our equal, at the least.

IndyToad
    It's an outbreak

Southside_Pacer

If the Pistons had had Rasheed all season, they'd be the ones playing Miami right now, and I have no doubt they would have the same streak we do. And I'm also pretty sure we wouldn't have blown out NJ twice in a row.

You may not want to hear it, but it's true. These series' won't mean anything unless the P's lose.

I'll agree on two counts, but the Pacers' bench is highly overrated. Detroit's is our equal, at the least.

IndyToad
    It's an outbreak
    I don't care if the Pistons had Sheed all season long. The Pacers still never lost more than two games in a row all season long. I guess that feat of consistant play means nothing to you.

You probably feel the Pacers will lose by 50+ tomorrow night, since you feel that they're going to lose by 50+ points every game. There's a reason not very many people agree with anything you have to say since to you the sky is falling. If only I had that sign to use.....

And the bench is highly overrated? Ugh, I don't think so. There's a reason why JB can fill in nicely, as can Al, and Freddie, even Croshere from time to time. Having a quality bench who can keep momentum going, or increase it is an essential thing to have in the postseason.

Miami doesn't go all that deep, and they're tired anyways right now. You think they'd enjoy having some quality players to come off the bench right now and give their starters some rest?

IndyToad has perhaps the most apt sig on this board....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

I don't care if the Pistons had Sheed all season long. The Pacers still never lost more than two games in a row all season long. I guess that feat of consistant play means nothing to you.
    You can play consistently all season and still not be the best team going into the playoffs, which is what really matters. San Antonio wasn't particularly consistent throughout the season, yet they're still favorites to win the West, and the whole enchilada.

You probably feel the Pacers will lose by 50+ tomorrow night, since you feel that they're going to lose by 50+ points every game. There's a reason not very many people agree with anything you have to say since to you the sky is falling. If only I had that sign to use.....

And the bench is highly overrated? Ugh, I don't think so. There's a reason why JB can fill in nicely, as can Al, and Freddie, even Croshere from time to time. Having a quality bench who can keep momentum going, or increase it is an essential thing to have in the postseason.

Miami doesn't go all that deep, and they're tired anyways right now. You think they'd enjoy having some quality players to come off the bench right now and give their starters some rest?
    Our bench is probably one of the better ones, but not the best and not better than Detroit's, I don't think. Al Harrington is likely the best player between them, but the Pistons' is better top to bottom. Williamson, Okafur, Hunter, James? Maybe not quite as good offensively as the Pacers' bench, but I think their defensive intensity will be enough to fluster our young guys and render them mostly ineffective.

IndyToad has perhaps the most apt sig on this board....
    You like it? Hicks made it for me.

IndyToad
    My wife lets me do these things

Southside_Pacer

Last time I checked, we were consistant, won the conference, won the division, had the best record in the NBA, and beat the Spurs at our place and lost to them by one at their place. We can play with anybody, and we've demonstrated that all year by beating everybody minus the Kings. Once again, you don't mention things like that.

I do challenge you to actually be positive, and have a positive outlook on something, anything that includes the Pacers.

I honestly do not think that you can. ed:

Last time I checked, we were consistant, won the conference, won the division, had the best record in the NBA, and beat the Spurs at our place and lost to them by one at their place. We can play with anybody, and we've demonstrated that all year by beating everybody minus the Kings. Once again, you don't mention things like that.
    Well the Spurs are better than they were when we played them. Quite a bit better in fact. Same with Detroit and NJ. Everyone else, maybe not so much, but we probably won't play anyone else.

I do challenge you to actually be positive, and have a positive outlook on something, anything that includes the Pacers.

I honestly do not think that you can. ed:
    I thought they'd beat Boston. That's positive right?

IndyToad
    Brag, ladies

Southside_Pacer

No, you weren't positive in us beating Boston. If the Celtics so much as made a shot you started saying that the Celtics were coming back into the game, the sky was falling, and impending doom was near. ed: Then again, that's your personality so I am not surprised in the least.

And if you think New Jersey is better, then you're going to lose respect from a lot of people. ed:

No, you weren't positive in us beating Boston. If the Celtics so much as made a shot you started saying that the Celtics were coming back into the game, the sky was falling, and impending doom was near. ed: Then again, that's your personality so I am not surprised in the least.

And if you think New Jersey is better, then you're going to lose respect from a lot of people. ed:
    Too late for that, friend.

IndyToad
    Beatin' up white folk

Southside_Pacer

Too late for that, friend.

IndyToad
    Beatin' up white folk
    Tis true. I do like you, and you're one of the most unique people here. Take that any way you want to.

The second half the Pistons played was scary to watch.

Seemed like the Pistons had 6 guys on the court defensively, and that is IMO the highest compliment you can give a basketball team.

Not six, UB. Eight.

Sometimes they had 8 on offense as well.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Not six, UB. Eight.

You bring up a great point though. If the Pistons are allowed to foul on the double teams and when they "turn their defense up" the opponent has no chance.

Not six, UB. Eight.

You bring up a great point though. If the Pistons are allowed to foul on the double teams and when they "turn their defense up" the opponent has no chance.
    Funny, seemed like NJ was playing 8 on 5 in the first half...... ed:

....or maybe the calls just go to the aggressive team

Not six, UB. Eight.

Well the same goes for us. As long as the calls are consistent, I couldn't care less. No matter what Indytoad says, I think our bench is excellent. If all of the starters foul out for both teams, there's no question in my mind that out bench would take their bench.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I think it was a VERY telling sign that this thread was busy as hell in the first half, and in the second half all of a sudden everyone lost interest, until Indytoad gave you guys some inspiration.....I think although you guys won't admit it, you really, REALLY don't like the idea of facing Detroit in the ECF, and you guys are rooting HEAVILY for the Nets..

sweabs

I really want Detroit to win so that we can play them in ECF hopefully. Therefore, I can make the not-so-far drive to Detroit and root for the Pacers!!!

I think it was a VERY telling sign that this thread was busy as hell in the first half, and in the second half all of a sudden everyone lost interest, until Indytoad gave you guys some inspiration.....I think although you guys won't admit it, you really, REALLY don't like the idea of facing Detroit in the ECF, and you guys are rooting HEAVILY for the Nets..
    when the pacers upset the pistons in the eastern conference finals I doubt you'll be seen trolling over here on a 24/7 basis like you are now...

when the pacers upset the pistons in the eastern conference finals I doubt you'll be seen trolling over here on a 24/7 basis like you are now...
    .........excuse me? 175 posts and you call ME a troll? lol

And you're right, after over TWO YEARS on Indystar/PD I'm going to leave and never come back if my team loses to Indy. .

Its not like I have to justify myself anyhow. You know what, Charles, I think YOU'RE a troll.....

And you're right, after over TWO YEARS on Indystar/PD I'm going to leave and never come back if my team loses to Indy. .

Its not like I have to justify myself anyhow. You know what, Charles, I think YOU'RE a troll.....

nah, in case you didn't notice this is a pacers forum... if you have such a hard on for the pistons then go where you belong... and take those damn rasheed wallace posters off your wall.

nah, in case you didn't notice this is a pacers forum... if you have such a hard on for the pistons then go where you belong... and take those damn rasheed wallace posters off your wall.
    Sorry, I'm here to stay, win or lose......if you don't like it you can always leave.

Simply not being a pacers fan doesn't make me a troll.

I remember a lot of the posts made when Detroit had a 13 game winning streak going over December/January.
    We would not stand a chance, we would be #14 and so on.

Fact? we trashed Detroit, annihilated them, goodbye streak.

There was another streak that died at the hands of the Pacers, NJ.

As NJ is playing now, Pacers would trash them to.

Miami would be different, they made it a battle, they were gonna give us a hard time.

ed:

The reason this team has not put up "numbers" as in individual stats is that none of our starters has yet done "regular" minutes.

They are cruising. nothing else.

I am sure they will "step it up" a notch or 2 - 3 in the next game and a few more in in the 1st meeting in Miami, then another sweep is a fact.

Detroit will not be a sweep, but we will win, that much I am sure of.

Pacers are simply the better team, JO has no problem whatsoever with Rasheed, he has put up at least his average against him every time he played him, except the one game against Detroit where he was limping.

Don't think for a second that the 1 -2 -3 JO - Artest - Harrington (or whoever, plays the 3d person) can not beat Detroit, they can have them for breakfast and still take on a nifty lunch.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!