Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nets @ Pistons Game 2 Thread

Default Nets @ Pistons Game 2 Thread

New Jersey is up 12 at the half. And to pour salt on the wound for the fans in the building, that William Hung kid is the half-time show.

sweabs

Default Re: Nets @ Pistons Game 2 Thread

LOL - that guy is awful.
    I look to Chauncey or Rip to take over this second half.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sheed's going back to the Portland days.

Also, I love how the fans totally boo the refs, and many will blame a possible Pistons loss, about one possible bad sequence. I thought it was a foul from my view-point, it was called called a travel, then changed and that was the only problem about it.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

The Nets are showing what we have to do to win the ECF - We must have constantly good half court defense, and execute smart ball movement on offense. Also as Jefferson said, the key is to just accept the fact that Det will block and alter some shots, but you can't let that stop you from trying it anyway (within reason, don't just throw weak crap up there or they'll have 20+ blocks).

Oh, and shooting over 40% helps

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

SHE-BANGS!!! SHE-BANGS!!!

Did Kstat go to the game? If so, his ears muct be bleeding by now.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

Sheed's going back to the Portland days.

Also, I love how the fans totally boo the refs, and many will blame a possible Pistons loss, about one possible bad sequence. I thought it was a foul from my view-point, it was called called a travel, then changed and that was the only problem about it.
    I was surprised the let Sheed get away at the end there. He got up in the ref's face a bit to yell about the lack of a traveling call late, and I thought for sure he was in trouble. Oh well. He's been pretty good this year, so a little leniency isn't so surprising I guess.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Nets are showing what we have to do to win the ECF - We must have constantly good half court defense, and execute smart ball movement on offense. Also as Jefferson said, the key is to just accept the fact that Det will block and alter some shots, but you can't let that stop you from trying it anyway (within reason, don't just throw weak crap up there or they'll have 20+ blocks).

What if they beat the Pistons? :P

What if they beat the Pistons? :P
    Let's just say I'll worry about that if and when.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Atleast the Refs are being consistant on calling traveling calls

New Jersey is up 12 at the half. And to pour salt on the wound for the fans in the building, that William Hung kid is the half-time show.

You need an Icon of a hangmans noose.

Where was the offensive foul?

Don't know. Seems like Detroit can do no wrong right now NJ is getting no calls at all.

Don't know. Seems like Detroit can do no wrong right now NJ is getting no calls at all.
    Consider it payback for the 2nd qtr..

BTW, it might have been an offenseive foul, but it clearly wasnt a foul on ben, and Aaron missed the shot so its a moot point.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

What I'm seeing now just convinces me more that there is no possible way the Pacers can beat Detroit, barring some major injury. I don't even see how anyone could make that argument. There's just no way.

IndyToad
    Ai oh, let's go

Wow. THis is even WORSE for NJ than just blowing them out the whole game......

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

What I'm seeing now just convinces me more that there is no possible way the Pacers can beat Detroit, barring some major injury. I don't even see how anyone could make that argument. There's just no way.

IndyToad
    Ai oh, let's go
    ed:

Southside_Pacer

IndyToad
    Ai oh, let's go
    You don't think the Pacers will ever win another game, ever.

IndyToad
    Ai oh, let's go
    ed:
    I'm not trying to be especially negative here, really, honestly. I just don't see where the Pacers have any kind of possible advantage against the Pistons, aside from a slight edge at SF. I just want to see if anyone can show me how you guys are going into this series with any shred of hope, especially after how badly NJ -who's at least Indy's equal- is getting spanked this badly.

IndyToad
    Hear this wondrous story

IndyToad
    Ai oh, let's go
    ed:
    I'm not trying to be especially negative here, really, honestly. I just don't see where the Pacers have any kind of possible advantage against the Pistons, aside from a slight edge at SF. I just want to see if anyone can show me how you guys are going into this series with any shred of hope, especially after how badly NJ -who's at least Indy's equal- is getting spanked this badly.

IndyToad
    Hear this wondrous story
    Couple problems. 1st of all, saying an all-star, 18ppgs DPOY is only slightly an advantage of Prince is an insult. 2nd, what the hell is JO, chopped liver? And also, we play better defense than NJ, and we play a better half court offense than New Jersey. And we have more weapons. You are just wrong to say NJ = Ind.

You are just wrong to say NJ = Ind.
    Not just equal, "at least our equal".. ed:

Though I do have to agree with some of what he said. I'm really not liking our chances watching as things progress so far this postseason. JO has not been very impressive especially in the post so far and we have played 2 teams with nothing inside. We will need him and Ron playing their best ball of the season in the ECF not sure if JO is gonna get there. Plus we will need Reggie and Tinsley to be hitting their shots every game to have a chance. Not looking good.

You are just wrong to say NJ = Ind.
    Not just equal, "at least our equal".. ed:

Though I do have to agree with some of what he said. I'm really not liking our chances watching as things progress so far this postseason. JO has not been very impressive especially in the post so far and we have played 2 teams with nothing inside. We will need him and Ron playing their best ball of the season in the ECF not sure if JO is gonna get there. Plus we will need Reggie and Tinsley to be hitting their shots every game to have a chance. Not looking good.
    Walk away from the cliff already. ed: You two are so sure we're not worthy, yet you keep watching. Masochists.

I'm not sure we aren't worthy. Just being realistic. Hard to not see that the Pistons are playing better then the Pacers overall as of right now. I think we can still win, just pretty obvious Pistons are looking like the the favorites going into the series.

Thanks for being civil, I'm trying to be less of a bad guy from now on...

Couple problems. 1st of all, saying an all-star, 18ppgs DPOY is only slightly an advantage of Prince is an insult.
    Prince has been playing pretty damn well so far this postseason. He hasn't scored as much as Ronnie, but he doesn't have to. He's also a pretty good defender himself. He may not be able to stop Ron, but he can slow him down at least.

2nd, what the hell is JO, chopped liver?
    Like zxc said, JO hasn't been playing very well so far, and Rasheed has always been able to check him very well. Factor in Ben coming in from the weakside and I think JO will be pretty much nullified.

And also, we play better defense than NJ, and we play a better half court offense than New Jersey. And we have more weapons. You are just wrong to say NJ = Ind.
    Jason Kidd closes the gap quite a bit. The game was pretty even last we played, as I recall, and NJ has been better since.

IndyToad
    I didn't know he was a suspect

Dream Big

I'm not sure we aren't worthy. Just being realistic. Hard to not see that the Pistons are playing better then the Pacers overall as of right now. I think we can still win, just pretty obvious Pistons are looking like the the favorites going into the series.

you never have anything positive to say zxc, why is that?

Southside_Pacer

Hmmm, so the Pacers are the only the third team to beat their playoff opponets five straight times by double digits to start the playoffs and we're not worthy anymore. ed:

I hope people don't say "Well the Celtics are the worst playoff team in years, and Miami is young, and they're not going to have the legs to compete in this series."

We earned the right to play crappier teams, ie Boston, to start the playoffs due to our regular season.

We have two all stars, the deepest bench in the playoffs, and are very well coached. It'll be a great series, and we've got homecourt.