Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CBS Sportsline's Mejia on Detroit's excuses

Default Re: CBS Sportsline's Mejia on Detroit's excuses

I love it, they ***** about everything. Everytime they lose someone did something to make the lose, they never played bad. Everytime they get called on a foul, Sheed and Prince cant belive it and start crying about it to the refs. Finally they get to play a team thats healthy in the playoffs and they are about to get their asses handed to them, and I love it.No more luck for you Pistons.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TruWarier
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe he hurt his hip/back taking charges from Dwayne Wade, Allen Iverson, Jamaal Tinsley and other point guards in the NBA. I believe he also hurt his hand on 11/19, both of them actually giving Ron a shot to the face.
    classy.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

I think he also reinjured his hands on all the goaltendings that weren't called all year.
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I stand by what I said, and really saying Ben Wallace is the worst starter on the Pistons isn't a negative, it shows how many great players they have.

I just think that Ben could ultimately hold those other 4 guys from making a dynasty type team, with for the most part, a lack of offense.

Billups and Rip are the best backcourt in the NBA (yes still even with Parker and Manu playing well), Prince does everything, and Sheed is their best 1 on 1 defender, and can score from anywhere. Ben's a good defender, awesome off the ball, but can't hit crap outside of 5 feet in 95% of their games.

What I think the Pistons need now, and for next season is a Ricky Davis type coming off the bench; a scoring machine, McDyess is a bit too mellow to be a scoring punch.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    And to those doubting Ben Wallace, be my guest and continue to doubt.

He's been awful this series, but It isn't because he's a bad player. The guy has as much heart as any player in the NBA.

Next year, I fully expect to see the old Ben back, and a 4th DPOY.
    4th DPOY? Ha, he's not even the best defender on his own team.

Artest, AK47, and arguably Bruce Bowen all deserve DPOY over Ben right now...not to mention Sheed.

I can't wait for the Ben Wallace "legacy starts"...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ben's fine. My attitude is if a player is okay to play, then you can't use it as an excuse. Ben's obviously not hurt enough to sit out, so whatever alleged injury he has is null and void.

I just hate it when people use the injury excuse over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over when the supposed injured player actually played in the game. Ben's playing, he's fine, and you leave it at that.

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by shags
    Ben's fine. My attitude is if a player is okay to play, then you can't use it as an excuse. Ben's obviously not hurt enough to sit out, so whatever alleged injury he has is null and void.

I just hate it when people use the injury excuse over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over when the supposed injured player actually played in the game. Ben's playing, he's fine, and you leave it at that.
    yea....exactly...its one thing when u see a guys knee go 180 degrees the wrong way or see someone take a hard fall and cant even walk....then u know theres something to the injury, that player is usually noticeably hobbled in some way....

however for a player to begin playing poorly and then suddenly allude to there must be an 'injury' because that player couldnt possibly be playing so bad healthy....well thats a much different story....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    4th DPOY? Ha, he's not even the best defender on his own team.

Artest, AK47, and arguably Bruce Bowen all deserve DPOY over Ben right now...not to mention Sheed.

I can't wait for the Ben Wallace "legacy starts"...
    ....and you are free to argue that next year.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

canyoufeelit

I mean, I saw Rasheed in great pain last year for sure during the Nets series. I don't notice anything from Ben. He might have bone spurs or whatever but he definitely still can jump fine (see: posterization of Rasual Butler)

I'm not sure why everyone seems to think Artest will be in the running for DPOY next year - he won't play in many more games next season than he did in this one. And even if by some miracle he does make in through their season, it would be a PR nightmare if he won. No way.

IndyToad
    This video is for you

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    lol ... I hope no one's dumb enough to bite at that set-up.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by indytoad
    I'm not sure why everyone seems to think Artest will be in the running for DPOY next year - he won't play in many more games next season than he did in this one.
    You really need to shut this **** the **** up! I don't care if it's fake or not, it sure is IRRITATING AS HELL!!!
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

The trolling needs to stop, indytoad.