View Poll Results: What is your education level?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Didn't graduate HS

    3 6.25%
  • Graduated HS

    4 8.33%
  • Completed some college work

    6 12.50%
  • Completed some college work and still in school

    10 20.83%
  • Graduated college

    25 52.08%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29

Thread: Education Level of Posters

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Jesus Shuttlesworth
    Guest

    Default Education Level of Posters

    Just wondering how far everyone is in school or how far they went.

  2. #2
    Jesus Shuttlesworth
    Guest

    Default Re: Education Level of Posters

    I'm still in school. I'll graduate from IU in 2007.

  3. #3
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,061
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Education Level of Posters

    I have a Master's degree in Chemistry.

  4. #4
    Member efx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,657

    Default Re: Education Level of Posters

    Bachelor and Masters here.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,161

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Education Level of Posters

    Just a bachelor's for me

  6. #6
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,217
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Education Level of Posters

    I graduated high school, then skipped college to keep a kid in diapers. Went back for a short time but it was either school or work and since school wasn't paying the bills, work won out. Everything turned out OK though. It just took me far longer than it takes a college graduate to get the wheels turning. Besides, I'll only be 36 when my kid graduates high school, and hopefully 40 when she's out of college. I will have plenty of time and money to go back then, and that's what I plan on doing.

  7. #7
    Member Knucklehead Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    874

    Default Re: Education Level of Posters

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I graduated high school, then skipped college to keep a kid in diapers. Went back for a short time but it was either school or work and since school wasn't paying the bills, work won out. Everything turned out OK though. It just took me far longer than it takes a college graduate to get the wheels turning. Besides, I'll only be 36 when my kid graduates high school, and hopefully 40 when she's out of college. I will have plenty of time and money to go back then, and that's what I plan on doing.
    My mom and I went to college at the same time, right after my dad finished law school. She went on to get a masters. Later I got a second BS. It's better the second time around. You're older, but more motivated. Some of the kids are smarter than you, but not that many and since you're more motivated, you'll be a curve wrecker. heh

  8. #8
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Education Level of Posters

    Getting ready to start my Master's.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  9. #9
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,607

    Default Re: Education Level of Posters

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Getting ready to start my Master's.

    I thought you already left. Get on the bus mister!!!!!!!

    As to the question.

    Travmil & myself kind of mirror one another.

    My Son graduated H.S. when I was 36 but I am just to damn lazy to go to school.

    I have been very fortunate in my life because although technically I only have a high school education. However I have taken & passed two trade school programs (I guess that's what you would call E.M.T. & E.M.T.-P school)

    But even with that I have been able to live the life I want & I have several people that have gone to college work for me.

    However I never take that for granted, I'm one layoff away from flipping hamburgers for a living. So go to college kids & get an education.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  10. #10
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: Education Level of Posters

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought you already left. Get on the bus mister!!!!!!!

    As to the question.

    Travmil & myself kind of mirror one another.

    My Son graduated H.S. when I was 36 but I am just to damn lazy to go to school.

    I have been very fortunate in my life because although technically I only have a high school education. However I have taken & passed two trade school programs (I guess that's what you would call E.M.T. & E.M.T.-P school)

    But even with that I have been able to live the life I want & I have several people that have gone to college work for me.

    However I never take that for granted, I'm one layoff away from flipping hamburgers for a living. So go to college kids & get an education.
    naaa peck....from what i ve seen if u would ever happen to lose ur day job...u could fall back on writing....it appears u have a great deal of experience based on my going back thru the archives....how many keyboards u went thru anyway?

  11. #11
    Member pollardfreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    871

    Default Re: Education Level of Posters

    Going into my senior year at Grace Davis High School. After that I plan to attend CSU Stanislaus and major in economics.

  12. #12
    Member Vicious Tyrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,207

    Default Re: Education Level of Posters

    Got my college degree in Biblical Literature and Philosophy of Religion. Can't really make going back to school work, but I'm considering one of those online masters programs so I have the piece of paper.

    Anyone have any thoughts on an MSW online?
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

  13. #13
    Fear my small avatar Gyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,366

    Default Re: Education Level of Posters

    I have my BS in Business Admin with emphasis in Marketing.

    I am looking into Lean Six Sigma training sometime within the next year hopefully.

  14. #14
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Education Level of Posters

    MBA from Indiana U.

    I get a 'sick' satisfaction that I've got Kellogg and U. of Chicago MBAs that work for me.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  15. #15
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,627

    Default Re: Education Level of Posters

    BS in Computer Science from Illinois
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  16. #16
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,756

    Default Re: Education Level of Posters

    BS from IU in business admin

  17. #17
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,699

    Default Re: Education Level of Posters

    The "non-USA" educational systems are to different to come even close to doing an educated guess
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  18. #18
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: Education Level of Posters

    Quote Originally Posted by able
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The "non-USA" educational systems are to different to come even close to doing an educated guess
    After turning 18 did you take any classes? Did anyone give you a piece of paper when you were done?

  19. #19
    2014 IKL Champion DrBadd01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    United States.
    Posts
    1,956

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Education Level of Posters

    One Bachelors preparing to get a second one( 5 classes away) both from Southern Utah University in Theatre and Political Science; Additionally I will be seeking film training in a year in Canada

  20. #20
    Member rabid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    2,464

    Default Re: Education Level of Posters

    One year left on my master's.

  21. #21
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,461

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Education Level of Posters

    BS in Elementary Education. I need to get my masters, but have not yet decided what route to take.

  22. #22

    Default Re: Education Level of Posters

    I suppose I'll graduate in December. I guess.

    School has taken a back seat recently, though. I've devoted my life to newspaper. The classes have become merely a backdrop.

    EDIT: I suppose I should clarify. Graduate from Purdue with some B.S. degree in something.

  23. #23
    Thanks Kesty! Pig Nash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Education Level of Posters

    I am gonna graduate from Arsenal Technical High School (in Indy) next May.

  24. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Age
    43
    Posts
    249

    Default Re: Education Level of Posters

    HS Graduate, some college work until I had to start paying some bills...

  25. #25
    Member Vicious Tyrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,207

    Default Re: Education Level of Posters

    Quote Originally Posted by Pig Nash
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am gonna graduate from Arsenal Technical High School (in Indy) next May.
    Hey Pig Nash, I used to live right next to your high school, over off the corner of 9th and Dorman. If you see two little houses on the North side of the corner, one is painted green - that's where I lived for my first couple years of marriage.

    That's a fun little neighborhood.
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •