Thread: So how much did David Stern pay Ric Bucher and Stephen A. Smith?

Hybrid View

Default So how much did David Stern pay Ric Bucher and Stephen A. Smith?

I was watching ESPN News 15 or so mins ago, and they had the press conference with David Stern and Russ Granik to talk about the labor issues. Afterwards, they had Stephen A. Smith and Ric Bucher live from San Antonio with their thoughts on what was said.

They did nothing but praise David Stern and bash Billy Hunter and the Players Association.

Was anyone else appalled at this?

Default Re: So how much did David Stern pay Ric Bucher and Stephen A. Smith?

Hey, this is ESPN News. I liked to be entertained by the SportsCenter wannabes they have doing highlights.

Although no one compares to BOOM goes the dynamite.

ImCrazyB

Yeah, ESPN is probably the worst place ever to go for NBA analysts. Nothin like bein up at 6 AM in the morning hearin "Whoooo..Can a brother get 2 freethrows!!!" or "SLAMA LAMA DING DONG!!!!" After Lebron throws a dunk down.

I present to you the Chris Berman of the NBA...Well actually no. Berman was actually pretty funny for a little while.

I watched the Stern press cofnrecne and then what Buch and A. had to say about it and I hate to admit I tend to agree with them. Stern put on a great performance he is the master.

I'm no ESPN fan, but I like a few of their NBA people. Bucher and Greg Anthony I do like.

Every year I'm alive I care less for ESPN, Sportscenter in particular, than the year before. I still like their MLB coverage a great deal but their coverage of other sports is generally slanted and focused on developing arguments and controversy on sports topics that few people care about. When the brawl happened I thought to myself they would debate the length of Artest's suspension, which I felt was a legitimate topic for debate. Instead, within 24 hours, everyone on the network that normally can't agree on anything fell in line with the suspension. After this season, I think of ESPN's NBA coverage as more of WWE-style sports entertainment than actual sports.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Huxtable
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They did nothing but praise David Stern and bash Billy Hunter and the Players Association.

Was anyone else appalled at this?
    I would assume the players and Mr. Hunter weren't too amused by it. As for Stern I've seen him talk in person. He comes across as a very likable guy. I think people used to say the same thing about Ted Bundy too.

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    I would assume the players and Mr. Hunter weren't too amused by it. As for Stern I've seen him talk in person. He comes across as a very likable guy. I think people used to say the same thing about Ted Bundy too.
    "He was pleasant enough, but mostly kept to himself. I just can't believe that he was eating all those people."
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Baseball Tonight is the only program worth watching. SportsCenter used to be good, no more.

However, I do like Greg Anthony.

Quote Originally Posted by pacerwaala
    However, I do like Greg Anthony.
    I don't think I ever posted it, but a couple weeks ago I saw a blurb about Greg getting into a shouting match with David Stern over the CBA.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    I don't think I ever posted it, but a couple weeks ago I saw a blurb about Greg getting into a shouting match with David Stern over the CBA.

I saw that same blurb

If it makes you guys feel any better.... I was at the game yesterday and after the game we went by those fools and we were shouting.. "TNT-TNT-TNT" Stephen A sucks Stephen A sucks... LOL and we were actually heard on tv shouting that... LOL