Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Artest Wont Be Traded

foretaz

Default Re: Why Artest Wont Be Traded

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ???????

Well I guess I never really thought I did this, but if you say so.

Generally I don't deal in speculation but there have been times that I have been told something by somebody I trust & if I can I let others know.

Sorry if I came across like an *** when doing this because it was never my intention.
    no no no....i wasnt referring to u...damn this internet sometimes...youve never come across like that, in my eyes anyway...i was referring to someone else...i dont have a problem with people sharing info theyve heard and believe to be insider info and reliable....as long as its treated as speculation just like everything else thats not factual is....its fun at times....however i do have a huge problem with someone representing this as facts not in evidence yet...thats lame...

and no...once again...uve never done that that im aware of....i havent read every post yet...but im working on it...

wheeeww!!!!!! I thought you were talking about me.

Sorry about the mixup.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

foretaz

Sorry about the mixup.

yea i know...i could hear u.....that mother$%##$%^%^$###^%^#&()*^#@%^^% foretaz...who the hell does he think he is....

Ok, after carefull consideration & lots of soul serching I've come to a conclusion.

You are Ron Artest aren't you.
    I think RA will be wearing Blue & Gold next year, we need him and unless we get a McGrady or Bogut he's staying. Oh by the way peck that Hulk picture would look better if it had a #32 Pacers Jersey on it. I know theres a few on here that can help with that, just not me.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

Sorry about the mixup.

It's pure speculation on my part but I would say he was talking about a certain remote viewer.

For being as wordy as he is foretaz sometimes nails things in one paragraph!

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    BP has been right just as many times as he has been wrong. If you choose not to beleive him, then so be it.
    a coin gets it right 50% of the time....

BP has been right just as many times as he has been wrong. If you choose not to beleive him, then so be it.
    I can get the same percentage tossing a coin.

That's never been my issue with him though.

As foretez put it; "with someone representing this as facts not in evidence yet...as well as someone coming off as a condescending jerk when doing it"

BP has been right just as many times as he has been wrong.

Well then its a good thing he has gotten in right more more then 50% of the time......
    Back to back posts.

foretaz

Well then its a good thing he has gotten in right more more then 50% of the time......

I think its funny you say you dont beleive/care, yet everytime someone says something you are the firstt o jump right on how you dont beleive anybody with out proof.

Maybe its just me, but if I dont care about something I tend to ignore it more....

But I digress.......................
    as a rule, i will respond to a post that quotes me....especially when that comment is directed at me

Look, Ill address this to both of you.

I didnt mean to come off as a jerk, but there are a lot of people who I dislike/ come across as a lot worse then "jerks", and I try to ignore them.

My whole point was if you really disliked/disagreed with someones point, then ignore them.

Now I know I am guilty of it to a point, but when we see the same comments thread in and thread out, somestimes it gets old.

Just my .02
    I for one have never thought you a jerk, and I probably wouldn't call you one if I thought so! The guy I'm talking about I have on ignore.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

ummm...maybe u should reread again....

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bulletproof
    Look, one way or another Ron is going to be traded.
    Who knew that (1) every team would end up turning us down last summer, and (2) that a pesky season-long suspension would get in the way of any reasonable mid-season trade opportunities?

I happen to think, after a forced break in the action, that what BP says is consistent with how DW and Bird have run a no-nonsense franchise. They don't hurt thier own opportunities when they cut thier losses, but they *will* indeed make a move to cut thier losses. It may not be this summer, but even if they play thier way to 35-6 at the trading deadline, if they got an offer that the believed was acceptable I think they'd 'pull the trigger' to prevent the next meltdown at crunch time.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    Who knew that (1) every team would end up turning us down last summer, and (2) that a pesky season-long suspension would get in the way of any reasonable mid-season trade opportunities?

I happen to think, after a forced break in the action, that what BP says is consistent with how DW and Bird have run a no-nonsense franchise. They don't hurt thier own opportunities when they cut thier losses, but they *will* indeed make a move to cut thier losses. It may not be this summer, but even if they play thier way to 35-6 at the trading deadline, if they got an offer that the believed was acceptable I think they'd 'pull the trigger' to prevent the next meltdown at crunch time.
    jay....very well put...and i dont have a problem with any thing u ve said here...i may or may not agree....but theres one huge difference....

you prefaced it with the words "i happen to think"....as long as u or anyone else doesnt try to make their opinion more than just that....all this other nonsense is just that...nonsense...

foretaz

Today, 11:26 PM

This message is hidden because Harmonica is on your ignore list.
    problem solved....

i feel better already

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    jay....very well put...and i dont have a problem with any thing u ve said here...i may or may not agree....but theres one huge difference....

you prefaced it with the words "i happen to think"....as long as u or anyone else doesnt try to make their opinion more than just that....all this other nonsense is just that...nonsense...
    Is it really necessary for me or anyone else to begin every post with "I happen to think"? Clearly this is just my opinion, no matter how educated or uneducated you think it to be. I'm not going to type the caveats and disclaimors every time, but clearly nobody on this board is speaking in absolute terms except our famous poster "DWalsh41" .

Harmonica

problem solved....

i feel better already
    I understand completely. The truth does hurt.

foretaz

Is it really necessary for me or anyone else to begin every post with "I happen to think"? Clearly this is just my opinion, no matter how educated or uneducated you think it to be. I'm not going to type the caveats and disclaimors every time, but clearly nobody on this board is speaking in absolute terms except our famous poster "DWalsh41" .
    nope...not necessary at all....in fact ive only read one persons posts that attempted to portray his own opinion as something much more than that....and the condescending attitude to boot....but i fixed that with the ignore feature.....ive seen that little message twice now....and i gotta admit...its a first for me, and feels damn good....sense of relief....

these forums are all about sharing opinions...and this forum, particularly, has some very educated opinions, which, for my part, make it that much more enjoyable....you will always have people that feel their opinion is right and others are wrong....and thats fine and to be expected...just in most cases, especially here in a much more respectful environment, they dont attempt to add validity to their own opinion by foolish measures while attempting to discredit another persons opinion-a concept in itself that speaks volumes to the character of such an individual....but...as always...JMO

Please focus on the topic at hand, not at personal or general insults, keep the forums a pleasant place to be,

thank you
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Jay, I don't agree with this last part.

Bird and Walsh are in sort of a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" predicament right now.

I think that most folks probably believe that once Artest is back in training camp, and the on-the-court chemistry is re-established, that the Pacers will start off just as you have mentioned. We will pull out of the gate strong, and will probably be right at the top of our division and conference standings.

After riding the horse that long with Artest (at least from a public perception standpoint), the Pacers would **** off more than a few fans if they pulled the trigger on the trade with Artest this summer, and suddenly we don't play nearly as strong as most fans had invisioned.

But, I do believe it would be possible to put a decent spin on that scenario by stating that establishing chemistry with the new players (from the trade) will take time, and that better play and W-L success is forthcoming.

However, we pull out of the gate strong, slide into the trading deadline at the top of the conference, then pull the plug on the trade, the Pacer brass takes a pretty big risk. What if performance totally falls off the rest of the season and during the playoffs?

I think in the eyes of the fans, that would be almost unforgiveable. Their attitude will be "it wasn't broke, why the hell did you mess with it?" We had a shot at getting to the finals, and a possible title, and you guys pissed it away.

On the other hands, if they don't trade Artest and he implodes late in the season or in the playoffs, and the fans are going to be equally pissed.

If Artest is to be traded, I think there really is only one safe solution for Walsh and Bird. And that would be to trade him prior to next season. To me, waiting to trade him sometime during the season is just way too risky on both the performance/success of the team and the on the resulting attitude of the fans.

For that reason, I really believe that if Artest isn't traded this summer, he will not be traded. The Pacers will play too well with him in the lineup to risk it. And as we both have stated before, trading Artest would probably also require the trading of another starter or two to balance out the lineup. That just seems like to big of an undertaking once the games begin.

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by beast23

Bird and Walsh are in sort of a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" predicament right now.

I think that most folks probably believe that once Artest is back in training camp, and the on-the-court chemistry is re-established, that the Pacers will start off just as you have mentioned. We will pull out of the gate strong, and will probably be right at the top of our division and conference standings.

After riding the horse that long with Artest (at least from a public perception standpoint), the Pacers would **** off more than a few fans if they pulled the trigger on the trade with Artest this summer, and suddenly we don't play nearly as strong as most fans had invisioned.

But, I do believe it would be possible to put a decent spin on that scenario by stating that establishing chemistry with the new players (from the trade) will take time, and that better play and W-L success is forthcoming.

However, we pull out of the gate strong, slide into the trading deadline at the top of the conference, then pull the plug on the trade, the Pacer brass takes a pretty big risk. What if performance totally falls off the rest of the season and during the playoffs?

I think in the eyes of the fans, that would be almost unforgiveable. Their attitude will be "it wasn't broke, why the hell did you mess with it?" We had a shot at getting to the finals, and a possible title, and you guys pissed it away.

On the other hands, if they don't trade Artest and he implodes late in the season or in the playoffs, and the fans are going to be equally pissed.

If Artest is to be traded, I think there really is only one safe solution for Walsh and Bird. And that would be to trade him prior to next season. To me, waiting to trade him sometime during the season is just way too risky on both the performance/success of the team and the on the resulting attitude of the fans.

For that reason, I really believe that if Artest isn't traded this summer, he will not be traded. The Pacers will play too well with him in the lineup to risk it. And as we both have stated before, trading Artest would probably also require the trading of another starter or two to balance out the lineup. That just seems like to big of an undertaking once the games begin.
    Great post, beast.

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by beast23

i agree...there are too many reasons u cant trade him during the season...and too many reasons-as described in the original post-that u cant trade him this offseason....

the only real way it would appear they could trade him from a fan perspective, would be if the pacers struggled and those struggles were quite easily attributed to artest....which would mean u wouldnt be able to get anything in return for him again, but if ur only real goal is to get rid of him and not have a fan revolt, then this would fit that bill.....

that being said....can anyone logically see a scenario where this team plays poorly?....just wont happen...too good...too talented...too well coached...

that being said....can anyone logically see a scenario where this team plays poorly?....just wont happen...too good...too talented...too well coached

You mean with Ron or without Ron? Or are you saying either way it's hard to imagine poor play?

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Mood

I'm sure the Pacers won't stop making a trade because they're afraid the fanbase will cry foul. The only way I'd see that happening is if they would have traded Reggie. No other player comes within miles of Reggie in this scenario (upsetting people over a trade of him).

They'll do whatever they feel is best, whenever they can.

I expected that counter-point, and I understand where you are coming from. I've always thought that, just moments after a trade involving Ron is announced, the floodgates will open and everyone's real thoughts - no longer filtered by the unwritten rule that you never say anything bad about a teammate (even if it is obvious) - on the situation will come out.

It will be put in such a light that the Ron-loving Pacers fans will grudingly accept the fact that the behind-the-scenes stuff is worse than they feared, but it will not be enough to appease the Pacers-loving Ron fans who feel that no matter how bad Ron has been behind the scenes, he's soooooo good that its everybody else's job to get along with him. UncleBuck, for example, has always said that if DW (Bird) traded Ron, that he would accept that it means that they believe Ron's bad stuff outweighs his good. And I expect many others of you would follow suit. Not all of you, but many of you.

In other words, I expect to see more of what we saw in the NY Times:

"We're tired of babysitting him..."

"The players just don't trust him..."

"Our coaches spend so much time appeasing him that they don't have enough time to develop strategty, etc."

"The young players are afraid of him..."

Etc.

I'm still not a believer, BTW, that this team is going to come out of the gate 'smoking' next season. There are some major issues to work out, regardless of whether the Pacers make any trades this summer or not.

Rick is in a difficult position. The first time he's got to call somebody's number at crunch time, it might get nasty. Especially if either JO or Ron miss that shot. What do you do? Pick Ron to symbolically show him he's still part of the team, while JO fumes because he's been the go-to guy for quite a while now?? Or pick JO and hope that Ron doesn't break the plays anymore?? Or do you cut the baby in half??

If Rick can fix this team's chemistry, I fear the Pacers may then lose him to a Middle-East Peace negotiations team.

I think it's a no brainer to keep Ron around. If he screws up this year then I'm sure he knows it'll cut his career short, and I just don't think he's that stupid. Maybe I'm also a believer in the fact that people can change. You just have to keep an open mind. I too agree that he will help fill the seats in the absence of Reggie. As a matter of fact I'd go as far to say that (in my opinion) if the whole 11/19 incident never happened, Reggie would have been passing the torch to Ron, not Jermaine. I just strongly believe that while Jermaine is more mature, Ron is our answer.

Today, 11:26 PM

This message is hidden because Harmonica is on your ignore list.
    Ah, another hard earned vote..........

PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731