Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 67

Thread: Why Artest Wont Be Traded

  1. #1
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Why Artest Wont Be Traded

    ron could be traded tomorrow for all any of us know....my mind (not my heart or my gut) tells me he will not be....and i fully understand with bird and walsh the unexpected should be expected....however i will outline for u why i think they wont trade him....i feel it really comes down to two key issues....the business side and the intangible side....i will cover both but will focus on the intangible side....

    first...from the business side...ive talked about this before as have others....ron makes 6 million/yr...he was 3rd team all-nba and DPOY...hes 25 years old....he simply is the best value in the nba(i will give u, if he plays-6mill is a bit spendy for a practice player)....only a couple of players, most noteably lebron and wade, could be argued, and those players will soon be given longterm max contracts.....artest is locked in for 3 more years at a relative bargain basement rate...

    ron is arguably a top 5 all around talent....if u compare his salary to any of the other top 15 in the league that arent on their rookie contract there really isnt much comparison....most players similar to ron make 2 and in many cases 3 times what ron makes....hell....many players not nearly as good as ron make at least twice what he makes(knicks roster)....what he really enables u to do is have a max player thats not nearly making the max....and as we eliminate albatross contracts thru trade or them expiring, the addition of substantial talent is not out of the question....

    believe it or not, and something that doesnt get discussed is another business element....putting people in the stands....reggie is gone now....its very easy to see where there would be considerable concern given to attendance next year....the team has always had a bit of a problem drawing crowds....not nearly the sellouts that one might expect from having such a competitive team every year...there are those of us that remember going to games at MSA where the partition curtains were up and 7-8000 fans was the norm-and the pacers were anything but competitive-heaven forbid what would happen if that ever became the case again....

    ron artest will put people in the stands next year....for many different reasons...i will grant u some will come for the circus effect....but many fans love ron....the fact that he was overpenalized by the league made it that much more easy to like him for many....he has become a martyr of sorts...but beyond this....fans just relate to him more than most nba players....they see him as being real, having many of the same problems that many in the world face...most fans look at the players as objects....ron is the exception to this....admittedly, for some good reasons as well as some bad ones...but nevertheless the results are the same....people will be watching next year....more fans will come to games....more pacer games will be broadcast on a national level....bottom line is ron is controversial...and controversial gets attention in this day and age......expect the pacers to be a nat'l tv stalwart next year...

    these reasons, however, wouldnt override a business/team from getting rid of someone if they really wanted to....if they felt compelled strongly enuff, they would get rid of a player that they felt like compromised their chances to win a title....and i dont have any doubt that for any number of reasons that artest has been the subject of trade discussions in the past, especially last offseason, but a trade was not consummated because of some of the above mentioned reasons, most noteably, not being able to get fair value in return...however, i propose there is a reason now where those possibilities are all but gone....that any trade of ron, at any time this season, is next to impossible and it has nothing to do with the above mentioned reasons....im a firm believer if they wanted to bad enuff they could get rid of him....and what they got in return wouldnt matter much....

    and heres the real reason i think they wont get rid of him now....

    second
    , the brawl...more to the point, the fallout from the brawl....the organization has, on numerous occasions, made their feeling very well know regarding the severity of the penalties that ensued....that not only do they think theyve been overly penalized but that their franchise was made to be the scapegoat and was cast into a shadow that couldve been avoided.....they have openly said that they felt there were other factors that were involved that seemingly went unpunished, and the full responsibility seemed to fall squarely in the laps of the indiana pacers...

    all this from a supposed personal friend...

    i would propose that from that moment on, it became personal....if the punishements wouldve been less severe and a bit more evenly distributed among the two teams, such as a half season or so for artest, then i wouldnt have been surprised one bit if the pacers then got rid of artest either last season or this offseason.....so in some ways u might have david stern to thank for rons assured continued presence on this team....i would even go so far as to say that i wouldve been totally surprised that ron wouldve been on the team come this training camp if he wouldve received a suspension of around 40 or even 50 games...i personally think they wouldve even tried to release ron and fight his contract based on personal conduct issues....

    but because of the severity of the suspensions...because the pacers took such a huge hit, i think its reasonable to see where the simons, because they basically felt betrayed by their 'good' friend, basically laid down the law....its personal....they along with donnie, larry, and the rest of the organization took it upon themselves to make sure that this travesty was shown up.....to prove that the nba and their 'good' friend was not only wrong in the way they damaged and penalized their franchise, but wrong in their reasons for doing so-not the least of which was the way ron was portrayed as well as the pacers for 'putting up and allowing' ron to continue on while not getting him help...

    to get rid of ron says the nba was right in what they did and how they penalized the franchise...it says that the nba did what the pacers shouldve done a long time ago....and i dont think the simons or their management appreciate that much, especially coming from a 'good' friend....so i think they have taken it upon themselves and the rest of the organization to make sure they do everything humanly possible to make sure that not only is the nba proven to be wrong in the way they handled it, but more importantly to use this as an opportunity to regain their status as one of the very best franchises in the league...and what better way to do that than to 'rehab' ron and for ron and this franchise to have a banner year next year....and while im sure the commissioner will only say that this will validate his decision....those within our organization will definitely feel differently and will get a great deal of satisfaction from this....

    are they taking a chance? of course they are....but u dont get to where the simons are today without taking chances....hell...they bought the pacers franchise way back when....that was taking a HUGE chance....but they also are very smart.....and know how to tilt the balance to their favor....and if u believe for one moment that they are spending time trying to get rid of artest....instead of expending every possible effort and asset trying to ensure that this season is not only a team success but an artest success, well i would respectfully disagree....and i think thats the message larry bird gave jermaine oneal as well....

    last year it was business...this year its personal.....

  2. #2
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,522
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Why Artest Wont Be Traded

    You had me at "Why Artest Won't Be Traded".
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,226

    Default Re: Why Artest Wont Be Traded

    Believe me,he will if the right trade came along. Donnie does not take ***** at all. He has sent players packing for making bad comments in the paper. He is very sensitive to how the Pacers are percieved in the community.

    However, I agree that Artest is the best bargain in the NBA if you leave all his baggage out.

  4. #4
    SjA3837
    Guest

    Default Re: Why Artest Wont Be Traded

    Quote Originally Posted by pacerwaala
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He has sent players packing for making bad comments in the paper.
    Theres a difference between someone having a bad attitude outside of the game, but all of Rons actions take place from the emotion of the game, and from the frusteration of losing.

    But I agree if the right trade comes along, but the thing is... it wont. We wont get equal value back.

  5. #5
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,043

    Default Re: Why Artest Wont Be Traded

    Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    last year it was business...this year its personal.....
    I don't know, I sort of disagree, I still think if they could get good value for Artest they would trade him. That's going back to good business sense.

    Of course if Bird is convinced Artest has changed he won't trade him. Bird is kind of stubborn.

  6. #6
    BustedPants
    Guest

    Default Re: Why Artest Wont Be Traded

    Quote Originally Posted by SjA3837
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Theres a difference between someone having a bad attitude outside of the game, but all of Rons actions take place from the emotion of the game, and from the frusteration of losing.

    But I agree if the right trade comes along, but the thing is... it wont. We wont get equal value back.
    Not all of Ron's actions have taken place during a game... he wanted time off in November, he's had disputes with his wife, and the GQ article.

  7. #7
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: Why Artest Wont Be Traded

    Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    are they taking a chance? of course they are....but u dont get to where the simons are today without taking chances....hell...they bought the pacers franchise way back when....that was taking a HUGE chance....but they also are very smart.....and know how to tilt the balance to their favor....and if u believe for one moment that they are spending time trying to get rid of artest....instead of expending every possible effort and asset trying to ensure that this season is not only a team success but an artest success, well i would respectfully disagree....and i think thats the message larry bird gave jermaine oneal as well...
    Actually, the Simons didn't pay a dime for the Pacers. They assumed the team's $8 million debt to keep them in Indy. Also, the Simons will do whatever Donnie and Larry recommend regarding Ron, and I believe they are just biding their time with him.

  8. #8
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,607

    Default Re: Why Artest Wont Be Traded

    Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ron could be traded tomorrow for all any of us know....my mind (not my heart or my gut) tells me he will not be....and i fully understand with bird and walsh the unexpected should be expected....however i will outline for u why i think they wont trade him....i feel it really comes down to two key issues....the business side and the intangible side....i will cover both but will focus on the intangible side....

    first...from the business side...ive talked about this before as have others....ron makes 6 million/yr...he was 3rd team all-nba and DPOY...hes 25 years old....he simply is the best value in the nba(i will give u, if he plays-6mill is a bit spendy for a practice player)....only a couple of players, most noteably lebron and wade, could be argued, and those players will soon be given longterm max contracts.....artest is locked in for 3 more years at a relative bargain basement rate...

    ron is arguably a top 5 all around talent....if u compare his salary to any of the other top 15 in the league that arent on their rookie contract there really isnt much comparison....most players similar to ron make 2 and in many cases 3 times what ron makes....hell....many players not nearly as good as ron make at least twice what he makes(knicks roster)....what he really enables u to do is have a max player thats not nearly making the max....and as we eliminate albatross contracts thru trade or them expiring, the addition of substantial talent is not out of the question....

    believe it or not, and something that doesnt get discussed is another business element....putting people in the stands....reggie is gone now....its very easy to see where there would be considerable concern given to attendance next year....the team has always had a bit of a problem drawing crowds....not nearly the sellouts that one might expect from having such a competitive team every year...there are those of us that remember going to games at MSA where the partition curtains were up and 7-8000 fans was the norm-and the pacers were anything but competitive-heaven forbid what would happen if that ever became the case again....

    ron artest will put people in the stands next year....for many different reasons...i will grant u some will come for the circus effect....but many fans love ron....the fact that he was overpenalized by the league made it that much more easy to like him for many....he has become a martyr of sorts...but beyond this....fans just relate to him more than most nba players....they see him as being real, having many of the same problems that many in the world face...most fans look at the players as objects....ron is the exception to this....admittedly, for some good reasons as well as some bad ones...but nevertheless the results are the same....people will be watching next year....more fans will come to games....more pacer games will be broadcast on a national level....bottom line is ron is controversial...and controversial gets attention in this day and age......expect the pacers to be a nat'l tv stalwart next year...

    these reasons, however, wouldnt override a business/team from getting rid of someone if they really wanted to....if they felt compelled strongly enuff, they would get rid of a player that they felt like compromised their chances to win a title....and i dont have any doubt that for any number of reasons that artest has been the subject of trade discussions in the past, especially last offseason, but a trade was not consummated because of some of the above mentioned reasons, most noteably, not being able to get fair value in return...however, i propose there is a reason now where those possibilities are all but gone....that any trade of ron, at any time this season, is next to impossible and it has nothing to do with the above mentioned reasons....im a firm believer if they wanted to bad enuff they could get rid of him....and what they got in return wouldnt matter much....

    and heres the real reason i think they wont get rid of him now....

    second
    , the brawl...more to the point, the fallout from the brawl....the organization has, on numerous occasions, made their feeling very well know regarding the severity of the penalties that ensued....that not only do they think theyve been overly penalized but that their franchise was made to be the scapegoat and was cast into a shadow that couldve been avoided.....they have openly said that they felt there were other factors that were involved that seemingly went unpunished, and the full responsibility seemed to fall squarely in the laps of the indiana pacers...

    all this from a supposed personal friend...

    i would propose that from that moment on, it became personal....if the punishements wouldve been less severe and a bit more evenly distributed among the two teams, such as a half season or so for artest, then i wouldnt have been surprised one bit if the pacers then got rid of artest either last season or this offseason.....so in some ways u might have david stern to thank for rons assured continued presence on this team....i would even go so far as to say that i wouldve been totally surprised that ron wouldve been on the team come this training camp if he wouldve received a suspension of around 40 or even 50 games...i personally think they wouldve even tried to release ron and fight his contract based on personal conduct issues....

    but because of the severity of the suspensions...because the pacers took such a huge hit, i think its reasonable to see where the simons, because they basically felt betrayed by their 'good' friend, basically laid down the law....its personal....they along with donnie, larry, and the rest of the organization took it upon themselves to make sure that this travesty was shown up.....to prove that the nba and their 'good' friend was not only wrong in the way they damaged and penalized their franchise, but wrong in their reasons for doing so-not the least of which was the way ron was portrayed as well as the pacers for 'putting up and allowing' ron to continue on while not getting him help...

    to get rid of ron says the nba was right in what they did and how they penalized the franchise...it says that the nba did what the pacers shouldve done a long time ago....and i dont think the simons or their management appreciate that much, especially coming from a 'good' friend....so i think they have taken it upon themselves and the rest of the organization to make sure they do everything humanly possible to make sure that not only is the nba proven to be wrong in the way they handled it, but more importantly to use this as an opportunity to regain their status as one of the very best franchises in the league...and what better way to do that than to 'rehab' ron and for ron and this franchise to have a banner year next year....and while im sure the commissioner will only say that this will validate his decision....those within our organization will definitely feel differently and will get a great deal of satisfaction from this....

    are they taking a chance? of course they are....but u dont get to where the simons are today without taking chances....hell...they bought the pacers franchise way back when....that was taking a HUGE chance....but they also are very smart.....and know how to tilt the balance to their favor....and if u believe for one moment that they are spending time trying to get rid of artest....instead of expending every possible effort and asset trying to ensure that this season is not only a team success but an artest success, well i would respectfully disagree....and i think thats the message larry bird gave jermaine oneal as well....

    last year it was business...this year its personal.....

    Ok, after carefull consideration & lots of soul serching I've come to a conclusion.

    You are Ron Artest aren't you.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  9. #9
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: Why Artest Wont Be Traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually, the Simons didn't pay a dime for the Pacers. They assumed the team's $8 million debt to keep them in Indy. Also, the Simons will do whatever Donnie and Larry recommend regarding Ron, and they are just biding their time with him.
    lol...ur kidding right? please tell me that ur aware that the business transaction u just described is fairly commonplace when businesses in financial distress are sold....please tell me u get that and wouldnt have people really believe that it cost the simons nothing....whether there is a cash outlay or not has no bearing on the transaction and risk involved....to assume 8 million in debt or to pay 8 million in cash is strictly financing and in no way a reflection of anything else but that....

    as for the other part of ur statement...ill ignore it....for obvious reasons..

  10. #10
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: Why Artest Wont Be Traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok, after carefull consideration & lots of soul serching I've come to a conclusion.

    You are Ron Artest aren't you.

    naaaa...im really billy knight...trying to figure out a way to get the pacers to give me ron artest for a 2nd rounder....they wont budge...damn them....he would put some butts in the seats here in atlanta....but my old team just wont help a brother out....and btw...when they gonna retire my damn jersey?

  11. #11
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,043

    Default Re: Why Artest Wont Be Traded

    There's another factor that impacts Ron's status with the Pacer's next year I think we are missing. I don't know how many games the Pacer's will play before the trade deadline next year, but what if the Pacer's take off like a scalded dog and are 35-6?

    And Ron hasn't did anything more than get some flagrent fouls, what then?

    It would make it very hard to trade him even if that was their intent. In fact I don't think they would.

  12. #12
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: Why Artest Wont Be Traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's another factor that impacts Ron's status with the Pacer's next year I think we are missing. I don't know how many games the Pacer's will play before the trade deadline next year, but what if the Pacer's take off like a scalded dog and are 35-6?

    And Ron hasn't did anything more than get some flagrent fouls, what then?

    It would make it very hard to trade him even if that was their intent. In fact I don't think they would.
    what was the title of this thread again?

    besides...theyre anxious to see if ron could slow down ginoboli in the finals next year....

  13. #13
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: Why Artest Wont Be Traded

    Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lol...ur kidding right? please tell me that ur aware that the business transaction u just described is fairly commonplace when businesses in financial distress are sold....please tell me u get that and wouldnt have people really believe that it cost the simons nothing....whether there is a cash outlay or not has no bearing on the transaction and risk involved....to assume 8 million in debt or to pay 8 million in cash is strictly financing and in no way a reflection of anything else but that....

    as for the other part of ur statement...ill ignore it....for obvious reasons..
    Well, that's the way it was described to me by someone I'm quite certain knows much more about it than you pretend to know, so...whatever.

  14. #14
    Member BostonConnection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)
    Posts
    4,694

    Default Re: Why Artest Wont Be Traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok, after carefull consideration & lots of soul serching I've come to a conclusion.

    You are Ron Artest aren't you.
    Maybe not Artest, but I'm beginning to wonder if behind the purple text and chat room abbreviations lurks someone else familiar...
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,616

    Default Re: Why Artest Wont Be Traded

    With most buisnesses, once an employees negatives come anywhere close to exceeding his positives, you find a new employee.

    Even though Artest replacement will not be as talented as he is, the new player, whoever it is, will not weigh upon the franchise like Ron does.

    I will miss Artest very much he is a special talent. Very troubled but talented none-the-less.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,616

    Default Re: Why Artest Wont Be Traded

    Quote Originally Posted by BostonConnection
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe not Artest, but I'm beginning to wonder if behind the purple text and chat room abbreviations lurks someone else familiar...
    "Hey it's Scot Pollard"!!!!!

  17. #17
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: Why Artest Wont Be Traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, that's the way it was described to me by someone I'm quite certain knows much more about it than you pretend to know, so...whatever.
    oh...lemme guess....more purported info??? is this like the purported cleveland trade? or the purported peja trade...as ive said before...i prefer to play the speculation game based on the fact that i have before me....and have no interest in others that insist on contradicting thes facts with purported info....it serves zero purpose, except it would appear, to inflate certain peoples egos....when such info has been wrong before it kinda speaks a bit to the overall credibility of the source....either way...it really changes nothing...

    the difference between u and i appears to be that i dont purport to know anything other than my own opinion and those events that have already known as facts....

  18. #18
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: Why Artest Wont Be Traded

    Quote Originally Posted by BostonConnection
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe not Artest, but I'm beginning to wonder if behind the purple text and chat room abbreviations lurks someone else familiar...
    godisthatu?

  19. #19
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: Why Artest Wont Be Traded

    Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    the difference between u and i appears to be that i dont purport to know anything other than my own opinion and those events that have already known as facts....
    Well, there ya go.

  20. #20
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: Why Artest Wont Be Traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, there ya go.

    Originally Posted by bulletproof
    Look, one way or another Ron is going to be traded. And to get someone of equal value, we'd have to give up too much. Anyone else close to Ron's level makes $12 million or more. With Peja, it's straight up. It's really a no brainer. As obnoxiousmodesty said, we're not going to find a better player in return for Ron than Peja.

    So come on in, boys, the water's fine.
    can someone help me out....how did this turn out...i believe this comment was made last august....anyone??

  21. #21
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,607

    Default Re: Why Artest Wont Be Traded

    Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    can someone help me out....how did this turn out...i believe this comment was made last august....anyone??

    The trade was agreed upon in principle by both partys.

    It was the younger (Is it Joel????) Maloof brother that backed out of the deal because he decided he wanted to keep Peja & came to the conclusion that moving Weber was a better idea (which they eventually did by the trade deadline). The older brother was not determined on the trade either way so convincing him was not a problem.

    B.P.'s thread on that at the time was on the best info that was available. However he didn't say the trade would occur, he said that Ron would be traded (he just didn't say when or for who ) he did however suggest that this was the best available option.

    Hicks on the other hand.......


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  22. #22
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Why Artest Wont Be Traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hicks on the other hand.......

  23. #23
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: Why Artest Wont Be Traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The trade was agreed upon in principle by both partys.

    It was the younger (Is it Joel????) Maloof brother that backed out of the deal because he decided he wanted to keep Peja & came to the conclusion that moving Weber was a better idea (which they eventually did by the trade deadline). The older brother was not determined on the trade either way so convincing him was not a problem.

    B.P.'s thread on that at the time was on the best info that was available. However he didn't say the trade would occur, he said that Ron would be traded (he just didn't say when or for who ) he did however suggest that this was the best available option.

    Hicks on the other hand.......
    ummm...maybe u should reread again....


    Originally Posted by bulletproof
    Look, one way or another Ron is going to be traded.
    the point is...the best available info...or seemingly for sure purported info....its all the same....speculation at best till it becomes fact....to represent it as anything different is very naive...and somewhat insulting....at least to me..... especially when used in an attempt to say someone is wrong in what their speculating....this shouldnt be a game of i told u so either way....but some come across with a condescending attitude and use such aforementioned speculation as some sort of way to 'put down' what others are speculating.....i find it humorous, almost, that they would do so-for what does it really say about them??? 'my speculation is more accurate than ur speculation'....comical really when u think about it....if ur gonna do that u just better never ever be wrong....

    and really, even if ur right every time, theres no real place for it....it somewhat contradicts the basic idea of a forum such as this.....

  24. #24
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: Why Artest Wont Be Traded

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The trade was agreed upon in principle by both partys.

    It was the younger (Is it Joel????) Maloof brother that backed out of the deal because he decided he wanted to keep Peja & came to the conclusion that moving Weber was a better idea (which they eventually did by the trade deadline). The older brother was not determined on the trade either way so convincing him was not a problem.

    B.P.'s thread on that at the time was on the best info that was available. However he didn't say the trade would occur, he said that Ron would be traded (he just didn't say when or for who ) he did however suggest that this was the best available option.

    Hicks on the other hand.......
    and to be honest...ive read hicks posts regarding the subject as well....his overall attitude was much different.....while ill never condone saying something like this is for sure, the attitude one displays is important, to a degree.....hicks never seemed condescending....like because he claimed to have such info, he was almost better than some....thats not necessarily the same feeling i get from others that do the same....and it appears, in reading lots of old posts, that im not alone in noticing this mentality.....

    theres a difference in trying to provide fellow fans info that is deemed to be insider info....and therefore appropriate discussion and speculation can follow....however its another thing to be somewhat condescending about it and almost imply that noone else knows what theyre talking about-its speculation-noone is trying to represent it as fact-to try and make it wrong, especially with the use of purported info that may or may not be accurate....well thats a joke if u ask me...

  25. #25
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,607

    Default Re: Why Artest Wont Be Traded

    Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and to be honest...ive read hicks posts regarding the subject as well....his overall attitude was much different.....while ill never condone saying something like this is for sure, the attitude one displays is important, to a degree.....hicks never seemed condescending....like because he claimed to have such info, he was almost better than some....thats not necessarily the same feeling i get from others that do the same....and it appears, in reading lots of old posts, that im not alone in noticing this mentality.....

    theres a difference in trying to provide fellow fans info that is deemed to be insider info....and therefore appropriate discussion and speculation can follow....however its another thing to be somewhat of an a$$ about it and almost imply that noone else knows what theyre talking about-its speculation-noone is trying to represent it as fact-to try and make it wrong, especially with the use of purported info that may or may not be accurate....well thats a joke if u ask me...
    ???????

    Well I guess I never really thought I did this, but if you say so.

    Generally I don't deal in speculation but there have been times that I have been told something by somebody I trust & if I can I let others know.

    Sorry if I came across like an *** when doing this because it was never my intention.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •