Thread: Ever been to the Hall of Fame?

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Ever been to the Hall of Fame?

Anyone ever been to the Hall of Fame in Springfield, MA? I'm going to be out in MA and RI this week, so I might check it out.

3ptmiller

Default Re: Ever been to the Hall of Fame?

Nope never, just seeing the conseco fieldhouse from outside would be enough for me! But im glad you gona there! have fun.

Yes, I used to live a little West of Hartford, Ct (not far from Springfield, MA), so I checked it out. To be blunt, it really wasn't all that impressive. There were some cool things to see, and if you are in town I would check it out, but I wouldn't go out of your way to see it.

To be fair, I saw the older version of the HOF, and at the time, they were building a bigger and better version. If that has been completed, and it probably has been by now, then my input is no longer valid.

Check out Boston if you get a chance while you are in MA. It is an awesome city with a ton of history. You can do a "quickie" tour of the city via the Duck Boats, vehicles that travel on land an in the water, that provide tours via the Prudential building downtown. If you have the time, and you are a history buff, then the Freedom Trail is hard to beat. You can see a ton of historical sights, and you wind up in the North End which has tons of awesome Italian restaurants. RI has great Italian eateries as well, and if you are in the southern end of RI you can check out Newport and/or the Breakers/Mansions.

There is alot to see. There are other current/former New Englanders on the forum who could give you advice on things to see I am sure. Enjoy your visit.
    When you're playing against a stacked deck, compete even harder. Show the world how much you'll fight for the winners circle. If you do, someday the cellophane will crackle off a fresh pack, one that belongs to you, and the cards will be stacked in your favor.
    -Pat Riley

It's OK. There are a ton of activities geared for kids. Not so much for adults though it is interesting reading some of the bios and seeing the displays.

I think it's best use would be to bring your 12-year-old to - that could be a lot of fun.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah I was there once, my intro speech was awesome.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's OK. There are a ton of activities geared for kids. Not so much for adults though it is interesting reading some of the bios and seeing the displays.

I think it's best use would be to bring your 12-year-old to - that could be a lot of fun.
    What DK doesn't mention is that he visited the Hall with SR and I a couple of winters ago. He put on a clinic of Jerry West-eque outside shooting in the indoor gym that had the locals truly dazzled.

I'm sure you've already found a link to the Hall, Stryder, but just in case...
    http://www.hoophall.com/

Quote Originally Posted by brich
    Check out Boston if you get a chance while you are in MA. It is an awesome city with a ton of history. You can do a "quickie" tour of the city via the Duck Boats, vehicles that travel on land an in the water, that provide tours via the Prudential building downtown. If you have the time, and you are a history buff, then the Freedom Trail is hard to beat. You can see a ton of historical sights, and you wind up in the North End which has tons of awesome Italian restaurants. RI has great Italian eateries as well, and if you are in the southern end of RI you can check out Newport and/or the Breakers/Mansions.

There is alot to see. There are other current/former New Englanders on the forum who could give you advice on things to see I am sure. Enjoy your visit.
    Jeez, where to begin? Tons of historical sites (Old North Church, Paul Revere's house, USS Constitution, etc.), the New England Aquarium, Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall - Boston's a great place to visit. A couple of things I will mention is that parking is very expensive downtown (don't be surprised to spend upwards of $20 if you're parked in a garage for more than 3 hours, and driving around downtown Boston is confusing and frustrating at best. I highly recommend taking the public subway system (aka the "T") to travel around the city, which is generally convenient, relatively cheap, and safe (well, except maybe the Orange line regarding safety). Just remember the following when using the T: "Inbound" means going towards the center of the city, and "Outbound" means going away from the center of the city, and you'll be in good shape.

A few links about visiting Boston:
    http://www.bostonusa.com/

http://www.thefreedomtrail.org/

http://www.mbta.com/
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

Nerd.
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BostonConnection
    What DK doesn't mention is that he visited the Hall with SR and I a couple of winters ago. He put on a clinic of Jerry West-eque outside shooting in the indoor gym that had the locals truly dazzled.

I'm sure you've already found a link to the Hall, Stryder, but just in case...
    http://www.hoophall.com/

Jeez, where to begin? Tons of historical sites (Old North Church, Paul Revere's house, USS Constitution, etc.), the New England Aquarium, Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall - Boston's a great place to visit. A couple of things I will mention is that parking is very expensive downtown (don't be surprised to spend upwards of $20 if you're parked in a garage for more than 3 hours, and driving around downtown Boston is confusing and frustrating at best. I highly recommend taking the public subway system (aka the "T") to travel around the city, which is generally convenient, relatively cheap, and safe (well, except maybe the Orange line regarding safety). Just remember the following when using the T: "Inbound" means going towards the center of the city, and "Outbound" means going away from the center of the city, and you'll be in good shape.

A few links about visiting Boston:
    http://www.bostonusa.com/

http://www.thefreedomtrail.org/

http://www.mbta.com/

Thanks BC! Those will help immensely!

Never but if Reggie gets in I might make a trip. My wife went to school in Boston and it is really an awesome place. The area around Quincy Market on a good sunny day is awesome. Newbury Street is lively in the evenings with lot of sitout restaurants. There are some good restaurants in China Town. If you are into academics, MIT and Harvard are very closeby in Cambridge with the Harvard Campus being very lively.

Nerd.
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pacerwaala
    Never but if Reggie gets in I might make a trip. My wife went to school in Boston and it is really an awesome place. The area around Quincy Market on a good sunny day is awesome. Newbury Street is lively in the evenings with lot of sitout restaurants. There are some good restaurants in China Town. If you are into academics, MIT and Harvard are very closeby in Cambridge with the Harvard Campus being very lively.
    Thanks for the cool idea of going up to Cambridge. It didn't even cross my mind. I'll definitely be visiting both campuses (I'm such a dork). Haha.