Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Lance the Pacers starting point guard next year?

Default Re: Lance the Pacers starting point guard next year?

Is waiting to see these combinations actually put in some minutes together before passing judgement on success/failure a possibility ??

Didn't think so .........

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is waiting to see these combinations actually put in some minutes together before passing judgement on success/failure a possibility ??

Didn't think so .........
    Does my ASSUMPTION hurt your feelings? It is only a guess, of course, I'll wait and see. We all will, but if you are suggesting we don't make projections and evaluations because you see them as judgments then I would say don't get too worked up over projections. This is a forum and our surmising doesn't mean our support is wavering. It is a guess. Not a proclamation of what will be.

"Myles Turner will be Garnett incarnate. Let it be so, and so it shall be"
    Last edited by Major Cold; 08-24-2017 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    Does my ASSUMPTION hurt your feelings?
    And I do not think that Vic and Lance are a good combo. Defensively yes, but there is not much spacing with them in there together.
    When have you ever seen 'them in there together' ?? Or did they sit too close to each other at a press conference ?? So yeah - actually waiting might not be a bad idea. Lighten up man ..........

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    When have you ever seen 'them in there together' ?? Or did they sit too close to each other at a press conference ?? So yeah - actually waiting might not be a bad idea. Lighten up man ..........

Again. It is a projection based on their past games. It is a harmless evaluation that I hope is wrong. But if I were to conjecture with past personnel and their past play it isn't an ideal combo. Wade and Rondo struggled to coexist. Monta and Teague did. If DC and Myles shooting ability mitigate their slashing-inside-the-arc game then it might work. We don't have PG to stretch the floor. Lance worked well with him and GHill because they could stretch the floor with West at the top of the key. Myles picking and popping will give us the West effect, but we don't have the shooters in the corners like we did last year or with Hill. I really see Bobo working well with Lance and DC. But to think that Victor and Lance stretching the floor and the Pacers offense flourishing is not a good GUESS. It is my opinion on a forum that encourages sharing opinions. But I guess we should just wait to see in order to say anything. Then we can just parrot what is actually happening in real life.

I'll lighten up when people lighten up and not tell me to share my opinion.

Again. It is a projection based on their past games. It is a harmless evaluation that I hope is wrong. But if I were to conjecture with past personnel and their past play it isn't an ideal combo. Wade and Rondo struggled to coexist. Monta and Teague did. If DC and Myles shooting ability mitigate their slashing-inside-the-arc game then it might work. We don't have PG to stretch the floor. Lance worked well with him and GHill because they could stretch the floor with West at the top of the key. Myles picking and popping will give us the West effect, but we don't have the shooters in the corners like we did last year or with Hill. I really see Bobo working well with Lance and DC. But to think that Victor and Lance stretching the floor and the Pacers offense flourishing is not a good GUESS. It is my opinion on a forum that encourages sharing opinions. But I guess we should just wait to see in order to say anything. Then we can just parrot what is actually happening in real life.

I'll lighten up when people lighten up and not tell me to share my opinion.
    You may be right. Lance to me is a distributor and when that breaks down he can take it the hoop with strength. Shoting percentage needs to improve and I think it will enough to make players laying off him in half court sets. But what about on fast breaks? I think Lance may be the best on the team pushing the ball and knowing how to run a break.
    Time will tell and despite all the negative stuff due to PG leaving I think we may be pleasantly surprised.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    I think Lance may be the best on the team pushing the ball and knowing how to run a break.
    I'll go further. I think Lance is one of the best pushers in the game. It is too bad that the NBA is more than fast break. Because when it comes to half court we will be gridlocked because of the lack of outside shooting.

And I do not think that Vic and Lance are a good combo. Defensively yes, but there is not much spacing with them in there together. We all saw what Teague and Monta did last year. We can deal with one sub 35% from 3 but not two. DC and hopefully Myles can stretch the floor for them to slash, but that only goes so far.

Lance will get minutes. I think Lance has a shot to be a key player is a sub-par year. Interesting fact, the first Pacer to contact Oladipo was Lance. I think his energy in the locker room and on the court is going to help our team be interesting.
    But is Oladipo a sub 35% 3 point shooter any more? He is a career 34.6% 3 point shooter but he shot 36.1% last season and has increased his percentage by about 1% each year he has been in the league. In theory he should be shooting around 37% this season. Even if he just maintains, he will be a 36% shooter.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

I was really hoping Lance would get a shot at starting point guard this year. But that looks doubtful. I'm disappointed.
    "Look, it's up to me to put a team around ... Lance right now." —Kevin Pritchard press conference

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by sav View Post
    But is Oladipo a sub 35% 3 point shooter any more? He is a career 34.6% 3 point shooter but he shot 36.1% last season and has increased his percentage by about 1% each year he has been in the league. In theory he should be shooting around 37% this season. Even if he just maintains, he will be a 36% shooter.
    36% in what circumstance? I'll look into it but I don't think Victor is a consistent catch and shoot player with the ball in the hands of Lance. Maybe 35, but not 37 on the limited attempts. 37% on 350 attempts isn't what I call as effective as 39% from 450 attempts that PG put up last year.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

36% in what circumstance? I'll look into it but I don't think Victor is a consistent catch and shoot player with the ball in the hands of Lance. Maybe 35, but not 37 on the limited attempts. 37% on 350 attempts isn't what I call as effective as 39% from 450 attempts that PG put up last year.
    I Highly doubt anyone trusts Lance to have the ball as much as Westbrook lol

Some pretty harsh words made by the Bulls re. Cameron Payne. He didn't seem like a bad player to me. I'd swoop him up for cheap if possible.
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!