Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 186

Thread: Lance the Pacers starting point guard next year?

  1. #51
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    4,325
    Mood

    Default Re: Lance the Pacers starting point guard next year?

    DC will be starter. Maybe Joe will learn a few things and DC will inspire Joe to grow some balls!
    Garbage players get 1st round picks, (WTF)! All of the NBA must hate the Pacers! LOL

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

    sav

  3. #52
    Member sav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North Central Indiana
    Posts
    3,628

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance the Pacers starting point guard next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    DC will be starter. Maybe Joe will learn a few things and DC will inspire Joe to grow some balls!
    Let's not get carried away. Joe is probably in his last season in the NBA.

  4. #53

    Default Re: Lance the Pacers starting point guard next year?

    If Lance does end up as the starting point guard and starts going off on triple doubles on a weak team, which we know he is capable of doing. Dare I say he becomes the leader and face of the Pacers? I am laughing as I write this, but it could happen.
    How many TD's do you think he could get? 15-20?

  5. #54
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,810

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance the Pacers starting point guard next year?

    Lance and VO need to start.

    Please stop saying VO can't shoot. He was 36% from 3 last year.

  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LA_Confidential For This Useful Post:


  7. #55
    Member pacers_heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,803
    Mood

    Default Re: Lance the Pacers starting point guard next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone else worried, now that PG is gone, Lance is going to think it is his team and if that doesn't scare you to your core, then there is nothing I can say. I see a disaster happening. The only bright side isthe team is going to stink either way
    If **** hits the fan we just buy out his cheap contract. Not worried.
    Lifelong pacers fan

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacers_heath For This Useful Post:


  9. #56

    Default Re: Lance the Pacers starting point guard next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lance and VO need to start.

    Please stop saying VO can't shoot. He was 36% from 3 last year.
    Oladipo can shoot just fine. He has a very good midrange game... not sure why the obsession with only labeling guys who jack up 10 3s a game as good shooters, but scorers like Jordan, Kobe, Wade, Bird, Garvin, Erving, etc made a living feasting on mid range js. A great shooter from the mid range is truly indefensible, especially if he does develop a 3 point shot.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:


  11. #57
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: Lance the Pacers starting point guard next year?

    If Lance Stephenson is running the point instead of Jeff Teague in the playoffs against the Cavs, why would Darren Collison start over him. Have we not seen Lance at point over even George Hill? Have we not seen the play making ability Lance has combined with good size that is needed against the better teams?

    Are we going to have a miniature back court again? Smaller and less talented than Teague and Monta? Have we not learned that stuff doesn't work? Have we not seen Lance get inserted BECAUSE it doesn't work?

    Just get it over with. Start Lance Stephenson. Give the man the rock and he will distribute it just fine.

    This is Lance's team now. Let's get behind him.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  13. #58
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: Lance the Pacers starting point guard next year?

    Oh...and for those who think Lance will fail. He played his best regular season basketball on a depleted Memphis Grizzlies team. Lance potentially will have his best year as an NBA pro this coming year.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  15. #59

    Default Re: Lance the Pacers starting point guard next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone else worried, now that PG is gone, Lance is going to think it is his team and if that doesn't scare you to your core, then there is nothing I can say. I see a disaster happening. The only bright side isthe team is going to stink either way
    Not everyone hates Lance

  16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  17. #60

    Default Re: Lance the Pacers starting point guard next year?

    Fuxk DC. He had his chance, give Stephenson the starting pg

  18. #61

    Default Re: Lance the Pacers starting point guard next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Lance Stephenson is running the point instead of Jeff Teague in the playoffs against the Cavs, why would Darren Collison start over him. Have we not seen Lance at point over even George Hill? Have we not seen the play making ability Lance has combined with good size that is needed against the better teams?

    Are we going to have a miniature back court again? Smaller and less talented than Teague and Monta? Have we not learned that stuff doesn't work? Have we not seen Lance get inserted BECAUSE it doesn't work?

    Just get it over with. Start Lance Stephenson. Give the man the rock and he will distribute it just fine.

    This is Lance's team now. Let's get behind him.
    Lance is gonna play starters minutes whether he's off the bench or startings. IMO, we signed Collison because even if Lance starts at PG we need at least one guy on the roster who can play PG in case it fails.
    Last edited by BlueCollarColts; 07-04-2017 at 12:09 PM.

  19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  20. #62
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    8,116

    Default Re: Lance the Pacers starting point guard next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone else worried, now that PG is gone, Lance is going to think it is his team and if that doesn't scare you to your core, then there is nothing I can say. I see a disaster happening. The only bright side isthe team is going to stink either way
    good chance he will do some bone head things, the bright said is like you said, its all irrelevant , were not even close to sniffing the playoffs (let alone the second round) if we go with the current roster
    Sittin on top of the world!

  21. #63

    Default Re: Lance the Pacers starting point guard next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh...and for those who think Lance will fail. He played his best regular season basketball on a depleted Memphis Grizzlies team. Lance potentially will have his best year as an NBA pro this coming year.
    Most Improved Player potential?
    Last edited by rimrattler; 07-04-2017 at 12:13 PM.

  22. #64
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,669

    Default Re: Lance the Pacers starting point guard next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone else worried, now that PG is gone, Lance is going to think it is his team and if that doesn't scare you to your core, then there is nothing I can say. I see a disaster happening. The only bright side isthe team is going to stink either way
    It's a lost season anyway. I'm more excited to see how Lance can be utilized with a blank slate and how he fits into it with the new pieces. He could blossom if they play to his strengths, or what his strengths could be if the offense is tweaked appropriately and he plays within himself. Or it could fail abysmally... and if so... so what? Lost season = opportunity. We learn Lance is more about himself than team and winning and can mark that option off the list for the future and grab a higher draft pick... or we learn he can be the straw that stirs the drink and have a better season than thought potentially possible (or what pieces to try and give him/team moving forward).
    Last edited by Bball; 07-04-2017 at 01:34 PM.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  24. #65
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: Lance the Pacers starting point guard next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lance is gonna play starters minutes whether he's off the bench or startings. IMO, we signed Collison because even if Lance starts at PG we need at least one guy on the roster who can play PG in case it fails.
    When you say "in case it fails", what is "it"? He's already been used as a PG in the last two playoff series against the Heat and Cavs. What more does he have to prove?
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  25. #66
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: Lance the Pacers starting point guard next year?

    BTW, guys will like playing with Lance a lot more than DC. If you recall, DC would call his own number a lot and the offense would grind to a halt.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  26. #67
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    4,325
    Mood

    Default Re: Lance the Pacers starting point guard next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Lance Stephenson is running the point instead of Jeff Teague in the playoffs against the Cavs, why would Darren Collison start over him. Have we not seen Lance at point over even George Hill? Have we not seen the play making ability Lance has combined with good size that is needed against the better teams?

    Are we going to have a miniature back court again? Smaller and less talented than Teague and Monta? Have we not learned that stuff doesn't work? Have we not seen Lance get inserted BECAUSE it doesn't work?

    Just get it over with. Start Lance Stephenson. Give the man the rock and he will distribute it just fine.

    This is Lance's team now. Let's get behind him.
    I think Lance does great in small doses, not sure about Lance being a PG for 82 games at 32 minutes a game. But I'm all for him getting an opportunity.
    Garbage players get 1st round picks, (WTF)! All of the NBA must hate the Pacers! LOL

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:


  28. #68
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    4,325
    Mood

    Default Re: Lance the Pacers starting point guard next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BTW, guys will like playing with Lance a lot more than DC. If you recall, DC would call his own number a lot and the offense would grind to a halt.
    Yea, it was his 2nd and 3rd year in the league the first go around. He does dish off much more and better, but he still gets tunnel vision if he's got it going.
    Garbage players get 1st round picks, (WTF)! All of the NBA must hate the Pacers! LOL

  29. #69
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: Lance the Pacers starting point guard next year?

    DC and Lance together might work pretty well. DC could play SG. He really should not be running the point IMO.

    Hmmm. That might just be the plan. Lance runs the point, but guards the other team's SG.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  30. #70
    trifectasauces.com CJ Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,358

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance the Pacers starting point guard next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    DC and Lance together might work pretty well. DC could play SG. He really should not be running the point IMO.

    Hmmm. That might just be the plan. Lance runs the point, but guards the other team's SG.
    Or if they go Collison/Dipo/Lance Lance can run the offense most of the time and guard the SF which is probably his best matchup defensively most nights. He helps on the boards better there too. Kinda like LeBron does in Cleveland.

  31. #71
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    4,325
    Mood

    Default Re: Lance the Pacers starting point guard next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    DC and Lance together might work pretty well. DC could play SG. He really should not be running the point IMO.

    Hmmm. That might just be the plan. Lance runs the point, but guards the other team's SG.
    I'm figuring Dipo will start #2
    Garbage players get 1st round picks, (WTF)! All of the NBA must hate the Pacers! LOL

  32. #72
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: Lance the Pacers starting point guard next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm figuring Dipo will start #2
    I agree. Dipo is also a good fit with Lance. We are looking at two guards who like to score with Dipo and DC.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  33. #73
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    4,325
    Mood

    Default Re: Lance the Pacers starting point guard next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or if they go Collison/Dipo/Lance Lance can run the offense most of the time and guard the SF which is probably his best matchup defensively most nights. He helps on the boards better there too. Kinda like LeBron does in Cleveland.
    I think that works, all 3 can run play sets, gives alot of diiferent looks to the opposing defense.
    Garbage players get 1st round picks, (WTF)! All of the NBA must hate the Pacers! LOL

  34. #74
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: Lance the Pacers starting point guard next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or if they go Collison/Dipo/Lance Lance can run the offense most of the time and guard the SF which is probably his best matchup defensively most nights. He helps on the boards better there too. Kinda like LeBron does in Cleveland.
    It would be a really small lineup. IDK. We will already be struggling on D.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

  35. #75
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    4,325
    Mood

    Default Re: Lance the Pacers starting point guard next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It would be a really small lineup. IDK. We will already be struggling on D.
    For sure, we need a powerful center to clog the lane. That would help the small backcourt.
    Garbage players get 1st round picks, (WTF)! All of the NBA must hate the Pacers! LOL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •