View Poll Results: What do we do now?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Re-Tool around the current asset that we have and make a push for the Playoffs

6 11.54%
  • Re-build COMPLETELY from scratch?

46 88.46%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you want us to do now? MF ( no longer K ) Pacers Doomsday version PT 2

Sports Logo

Default What do you want us to do now? MF ( no longer K ) Pacers Doomsday version PT 2

I initially setup a "Marry Eff Kill Pacers version" thread earlier when we were still living in blissful ignorance of PG13's intentions. Now that we know what PG13 wants to do......what do you want to do going forward?

1 ) Rebuild completely from scratch?

This would entail dumping every asset outside of Myles, our 18th pick and maybe GRIII and acquiring as many assets over the next couple of seasons while likely have to live with 3 or 4 seasons of Lottery Land so that we can start from the beginning again ( or whatever you think would be a complete tear down and reformat of the entire Pacers Organization from top to bottom ). I would even advocate finding a new Coaching ( yes, fire Nate ) and a completely new vision for the direction of this Team.

or

2 ) Retool without PG13 and continue to push for the Playoffs?

I leave it up to you as to what you would consider to be "retooling". JMHO...I would look at it as retooling around Teague ( I know many don't want to that ), Lance, Myles, Thad, GRIII and 18 while dumping Monta and AlJeff for Players that better complement the existing roster. As to what you would do.....it's up to you.....but the goal isn't to restart from scratch...it is to continue to make a push for the Playoffs......no matter how futile it is.

As to what I would do.....in my previous poll about this discussion....I was all for retooling and making a push for the Playoffs with the viable assets that we have while trading PG13 ( since I was already on the "He's gone in the Summer of 2018" bandwagon ). But that was built on the premise that we could leverage PG13 for some quality assets in a trade for him. Now that we will get next to nothing for him in a trade.....I am left with the inescapable conclusion that we have little choice but to completely rebuild from scratch.

What are your thoughts on this?
    Last edited by CableKC; 06-18-2017 at 09:45 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Default Re: What do you want us to do now? MF ( no longer K ) Pacers Doomsday version PT 2

I just wanna go crawl into bed.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Default Re: What do you want us to do now? MF ( no longer K ) Pacers Doomsday version PT 2

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just wanna go crawl into bed.

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I can't say for sure until we know what Pritchard can get for Paul.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Rebuild around Myles and the Draft.

Need to trade Thad for something in the draft, get something for PG and go from there. There's going to be at least 1 bad season where you can try for a top pick, the best shot for a small market/cold weather team is to hit big in the draft. If you hit a couple year run like OKC or Golden State you can compete for quite a while. Those guys may leave in the long run but trying to get some super high end free agent is going to be impossible (no the Pacers are not getting Gordon Hayward or Blake Griffin).

I actually think keeping Teague is a decent option as point guard is a hard spot to fill and he's a hometown guy.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Neither option. I would prefer to see the Pacers move to another city. Let the Mayflower trucks roll.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

At this point, unless we just get mediocre or bad packages for PG, I can't see how we could go forward with him unless he comes out and vehemently denies this report. I mean we're not close to contending, and the fans would probably boo him--making for an awkward situation for a full 82 games.

Our best bet is to 'blow this thing up', trade him for picks, and try to acquire as many young and talented assets as we can to go along with Turner.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Neither option. I would prefer to see the Pacers move to another city. Let the Mayflower trucks roll.
    Screw Mayflower, use a locally based company like American Red Ball or Wheaton.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I can't say for sure until we know what Pritchard can get for Paul.
    Just like everything else.....given our current bargaining position.....assume the worst case scenario. At most we could get a Julius Randle or Jordan Clarkson Level type Player ( I use the Lakers as examples ).....or more specifically some young Player that can be an average Starter for the long term but nobody that is considered a game changer.

Lurker of the Year Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

I'm 90% on board with a total rebuild but on the unlikely chance you could convince Gordon Hayward to sign and step right into PG's role(I think the Pacers will absolutely try, especially now to get butts in the seats - think it's unlikely yet not impossible) I'd be ok with resigning Teague and going for the usual Pacers style rebuild on the fly while still trying to compete. Gordon is like 90% as good as Paul George and with the young assets we can possibly acquire for PG we would probably still have a bright future.

That's about the only scenario I could see where we don't do a total rebuild, I don't think its very likely, otherwise total rebuild is essentially the only option.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Blow it up, draft really well, plan to be a contender in the post-Warriors/LeBron era.
    2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS & 2010 AFC CHAMPIONS

1940, 1953, 1976, 1981, & 1987 NCAA CHAMPIONS & 2002 NCAA FINALISTS
    1970, 1972, & 1973 ABA CHAMPIONS & 2000 NBA EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

It's not the worst time in NBA history to suck *** that's for sure.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

The only proven future assets we currently have are Myles and GR3. Everyone else is either currently in their prime (Teague), or over the hill (everyone else). So there are no assets to just retool, it is rebuild or rebuild.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Personally I want us to go HAM. Get assets in a Paul trade, flip those assets for Jimmy, or CJ McCollum or Damien Lillard. Then add Blake or Hayward in free agency. If we renounce Teague, trade Thad and trade Paul we should have a TON of cap space.

Blow it the **** up

23. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Burn the mother****er to the ground

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Blow it up, draft really well, plan to be a contender in the post-Warriors/LeBron era.
    This is where I am. Whatever is the best option to build a Team that is ready to make a serious push in 3 to 4 seasons. It's another 3 year plan.....but this time....a complete rebuild from scratch plan.

I am willing to accept 2 years of lottery land ONLY if we have a clear plan of what we are doing and a destination that we want to end up at.

Same answer as a week ago, a month ago, and 2 years ago. Get off the damn treadmill and rebuild.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wage For This Useful Post:

This is a great time to rebuild if done properly. Lebron probably still has a couple of prime years left. Need to build something that can compete when he's finally at the end of the line.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

I'm not a big fan of teardowns, but the season after you lose your best player is probably the right time for one.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Voted retool on accident, but I wanna tank hard for a shot at Porter Jr. next yr or Bagley III/Zion Williamson in 19. Zion looks like a mini LeBron

Tear down and start over. Set up a rebuild plan that targets taking advantage of the four year period between LeBron's inevitable erosion and the end the crazy TV deals.

Sports Logo

1A) send Bird back to Florida never to be seen again

1B) see if Hinkie has interest in being a number 2

1C) make sure Donnie's still alive

Blow it up!

"I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    1A) send Bird back to Florida never to be seen again

1B) see if Hinkie has interest in being a number 2

1C) make sure Donnie's still alive
    Bring in the Logo.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

38. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post: