0 0%
  • Chris Paul

16 39.02%
  • Deron Williams

2 4.88%

Thread: The NBA Draft - Pacer Digest Style - The Portland Trailblazers

Default The NBA Draft - Pacer Digest Style - The Portland Trailblazers

This is how this works.

1. Each night, around the same time, I'll post a poll question. It will be the next team in the draft order. Tonight it's Portland, tomorrow New Orleans & so on. We'll stop with the Pacers pick at #17 just a few days before the draft.

2. I'll list the current team "on the clock" and put a poll together with a group of players that could be selected by that team. Your choices will be two players at each position; center, power forward, small forward, shooting guard & point guard.

3. Which ever player gets the most votes will be the player selected by that team.

4. Once a player has been selected he will not be eligible to be selected by another team. Like Duh

5. Even though there will be trades that impact (thanks Jay) the draft, they will not have a bearing on our draft. A player most be choosen, we can not simply decide that the pick will be traded.

So, here's the NBA Draft - Pacer Digest Style

You're the one making the call on draft night. Tonight you are the Portland Trailblazers. Who do you select with the #3 pick.

Here is how the draft looks so far.

1. Milwaukee --------- Andrew Bogut --- 50 of 64 votes --- 78.13%
    2. Atlanta ------------ Marvin Williams -- 29 of 56 votes --- 51.79%

Here is a look at the top players at each position that Portland will be choosing from.

Center
    Fran Vazquez --- 6-10, 229
    Johan Petro ----- 7-0, 260

Power Forward
    Tiago Splitter --- 7-0, 240
    Chris Taft ------ 6-10, 230

Small Forward
    Danny Granger --- 6-8, 215
    Joey Graham ----- 6-7, 217

Shooting Guard
    Gerald Green ----- 6-8, 195
    Antoine Wright --- 6-7, 205

Point Guard
    Chris Paul ------- 6-0, 168
    Deron Williams --- 6-3, 210

foretaz

Default Re: The NBA Draft - Pacer Digest Style - The Portland Trailblazers

this is where the lack of trades not figuring in gets tricky...cause there is no way portland is picking chris paul....they have a young pg....but chris paul will definitely go in the first 3 picks....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'll go with Green since they obviously will not pair another rook with Telfair next season.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I still think they'll deal the pick.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I voted Gerald Green. They don't need Paul.

One other thing is I've read in multiple places that Splitter will pull out of the draft due to buyout issues in his European contract.

I voted Chris Paul. I think that if they have not traded the pick to this point, that would be the player that most teams would want to acquire and I think they're looking to deal. Also, take the best player available and don't worry about your needs. You always have playing time for a player of Paul's perceived abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I voted Chris Paul. I think that if they have not traded the pick to this point, that would be the player that most teams would want to acquire and I think they're looking to deal. Also, take the best player available and don't worry about your needs. You always have playing time for a player of Paul's perceived abilities.
    Hmm. Looks like my post didnt post. Long story short, I agree. I'd go with Paul because he's much better than Green, and Telfair's not ready for prime-time anyway. Trade one down the line.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

I live in Portland and the sense I get is they'll draft Paul. There's a lot of teams that want him and the Blazers would like to unload a bad contract and swap picks with the Bobcats or Jazz assuming one of them draft Gerald Green. This is all assuming Marvin Williams or Bogut are gone already.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    Hmm. Looks like my post didnt post. Long story short, I agree. I'd go with Paul because he's much better than Green, and Telfair's not ready for prime-time anyway. Trade one down the line.

Trust me, Telfair is as ready for prime-time as anyone in the draft. He's going to be a star sooner rather then later and the Blazers know it.

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyMcPhearson
    I live in Portland and the sense I get is they'll draft Paul. There's a lot of teams that want him and the Blazers would like to unload a bad contract and swap picks with the Bobcats or Jazz assuming one of them draft Gerald Green. This is all assuming Marvin Williams or Bogut are gone already.
    oh i think they will definitely draft him....if hes not gone already....and if they havent traded the pick already....but i also believe there is zero chance of not hearing the following by david stern somewhere within the hour or so following the pick....

"before the next pick, we have a trade to announce....the portland trailblazers trade the draft rights to chris paul.....yada yada yada"

Yup, the only way I see Portland not trading the pick is if Williams or Bogut fall into their lap. And even then I think there's a decent chance they'll make a trade. The Blazers really need to unload some contracts so they can resign Przybilla but at the same time they need to get a good player out of this pick so I bet they end up trading with another team in the top 6.