Thread: Good bye PG have fun in. Portland

Default Good bye PG have fun in. Portland

With the leaking of his intent to leave Indy. I was looking at what teams might risk a rental. Portland seemed like a real possibility. CJ McCullom was petitioning for PG earlier and as Kevin Prithard said in small markets like Indy and Portland you have to take some big risks. Here's the trade.

Portland gets:
    PG and Thadeuss Young

Indiana gets
    Crabbe, Harkless, Ed Davis and picks 15 and 20 in this years draft.

I think this gives Portland a top 3 team in the West without a big loss. Crabbe was a big overspend.
    Nurkic,Young,George,McCullom, and Lillard is a scary starting 5. Turner, Lenard,Aminu, Napier are a decent start to the bench. They still had the 26 pick and need backup center and a shooter, but could give them a chance to make a run at the Warriors.

For the pacers it's all about assets. It Gives them 3 NBA players with Davis possibly being a good match to Turner. It also gives them 3 total first round picks. I'm guessing Pritchard would take some high risk high reward types and swing big but who knows.

Thoughts would you pull the trigger in Portland or Accept in Indy?

Sports Logo

Default Re: Good bye PG have fun in. Portland

Just not sure why you'd want that deal or the Pacers.

At least Young only has 2 years remaining. Crabbe and Harkless aren't very good and both have 3 years on their contracts. No buyouts or team options. Crabbe also has a 15% trade kicker.
    First time in a long time, I've been happy with the team that was constructed, and now they struggle. I blame the coach.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just not sure why you'd want that deal or the Pacers.

At least Young only has 2 years remaining. Crabbe and Harkless aren't very good and both have 3 years on their contracts. No buyouts or team options. Crabbe also has a 15% trade kicker.
    I didn't realize that Crabbe had the trade kicker, it's all about the picks for the Pacers. Best case scenario would have been for Crabbe to become a Starter, Davis to be a good fit with Turner, Harkless to be a quality reserve and to hit big on one of the 3 first round picks. Granted that's a best case, but it's clearly move to collect assets for the future.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Portland has to reduce their salary. Adding PG and TYoung would not help. If they bring in PG, they would have to unload a minimum of $19.8 million and preferably (for them) $30 million or more in salary.

We should get McCollum in this deal.

Never going to happen for a rental.